Cavani is not respected enough around here

Kyonn

I bet cavani scores more goals (per min played) than ronaldo this season (excluding pens and free kicks).

Show some loyalty to a utd player who's run his socks off every game he's played.
Not going to address you main argument but I think you're right about that part.

Red Royal

Cavani is a class act, and I think most Reds love having him around. Wish he signed for us in his prime.

Deery

Dreary
I’d like to see this same energy for Arron Wan Bissaka…

snk123

A good chunk of the fanbase threw him under the bus when the FA went on a witch hunt on a baseless comment.
Just untrue. In fact the opposite (rightly) happened.

Everyone wants him to give up his jersey number for ronaldo while jones can show the middle finger to varane.
Rubbish again. The fact that you can compare a return of a club legend who made an already iconic #7 so special with any other player or shirt is just stupid.

And now today a section of the fanbase wouldn't mind cavani leaving for barcelona since we have ronaldo.
A section of fanbase also wants Ole out. Doesn't mean the majority do. Not all fans are supposed to think alike.

In short, an overdramatic post without any facts - just assumptions based on some posts you've seen here.

RetroStu

I think the vast majority of fans love Cavani. In fact the only negativity i have seen against him was over the international matches, and the stupid squad number thing.

Plus some fans will not always take super keenly to a player like Cavani where we know this is his last season. Thats just human nature.

Brightonian

Vast majority on here backed him against the FA.

I worship the man. Think his contribution last season has been badly underrated by some. He sometimes looked like a missing piece in that attack, and even when he wasn't playing it was like he'd showed Ole what we needed. He was the catalyst for the acceptance that Martial isn't it.

Cloud7

It never used to be like this here when I frequented in the past. Last couple of years has been a change for the worse. :lol:
This thread is like the "Leave Britney alone" video. I have barely seen anything of what the OP mentioned, and even if it is there, it's so sporadic that it's barely noticeable

ChaddyP

Manchester Enited scorers in European final

Charlton
Best
Kidd
Hughs
Sheringham
Solskjaer
Ronaldo
Rooney
Pogba
Mkhitarian
Cavani

respect :cool:

manutddjw

I remember the reaction to his suspension being the opposite. There were like 4-5 people who insisted he was racist and wouldn’t let it go, but the majority were overwhelmingly on his side.

The only animosity I saw was the story about how many games he’d miss for us if he played for Uruguay. In an odd way it showed a huge amount of respect because we were thinking we’d lose points without him.

RedDevil@84

Some high level nonsense there OP. Cavani maybe largely subdued in the Ronaldo mania, but majority of the fans on caf love him. And only a handful posters believed Cavani was wrong in that false FA charge.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think if you were to poll it, he'd be admired by the vast majority. A fighter, a winner, raised our standards last season and showed us what a true striker does for the first time since RVP.

If he had been transferred it would have been ludicrous. Him and Ronnie in the same team is pretty frightening. But Ole will have some major tactical decisions to make though. Hopefully he can handle it.

GlasgowCeltic

It all started with the "players you've never seen play well" thread

Last edited:

Denis79

Cavani will still get alot of games for us and will be important.

norm87cro

Personally I love him and not just when he is scoring goals. His attitude is 100% United even when he has an off game

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd say he's respected a bit too much. He's great in the box but he doesn't offer much outside it these days but people seem to think he's peak RVP or something. It's more to do with him being something we haven't had in a CF for awhile.

SecondFig

I'd say he's respected a bit too much. He's great in the box but he doesn't offer much outside it these days but people seem to think he's peak RVP or something. It's more to do with him being something we haven't had in a CF for awhile.
I disagree, in that his work off the ball is really good. Also, if you think Cavani doesn't offer much outside of the box you are in for a really painful time watching Ronaldo

amolbhatia50k

I disagree, in that his work off the ball is really good. Also, if you think Cavani doesn't offer much outside of the box you are in for a really painful time watching Ronaldo
Oh I think his movement is arguably the best of this generation of strikers. I meant more in terms of link up play. To me, it felt like United fans thought that we now had a top class no 9 when he hit form last year, when personally I think at this stage of his career, he's more 'terrific for his age and gives us something different' than that. For example, although he's fallen off a cliff over the last year, I thought Martial in 19-20 gave us what Cavani didn't last season in his link up play, close control etc, and visa-versa, with Cavani's movement and reaction speed in the box.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is well loved and respected at this club.

Regarding the no.7 Jersey, hypothetically speaking I think the only player I wouldn’t ask to give up his no.7 for Ronaldo, is king Cantona.

OmarUnited4ever

Everyone wants him to give up his jersey number for ronaldo while jones can show the middle finger to varane.

With all due respect to Varane, he is still a nobody in terms Manchester United history, so him not getting his preferred jersey number is not a big deal at all (going by reports, he never asked for it too), unlike Ronaldo, who's considered by many of the fans to be a legend of the club, and previously wore the iconic No.7 that was worn by club legends like Best, Robson, Cantona & Beckham, and Cavani knows that very well and I am not surprised that he would be willing to give up the number as he is a class act.

and for your overall post, the guy is adored here, but it is normal that he will be overshadowed by Ronaldo, which takes nothing away from him being one of the fan favorites

samolocix

Supports
United
I like Cavani and everything but its Ronaldo ffs

SecondFig

Oh I think his movement is arguably the best of this generation of strikers. I meant more in terms of link up play. To me, it felt like United fans thought that we now had a top class no 9 when he hit form last year, when personally I think at this stage of his career, he's more 'terrific for his age and gives us something different' than that. For example, although he's fallen off a cliff over the last year, I thought Martial in 19-20 gave us what Cavani didn't last season in his link up play, close control etc, and visa-versa, with Cavani's movement and reaction speed in the box.
Ahh - yeah, that's fair enough.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd love to see a lineup with Ronaldo and Cavani up top in some games it would be tasty

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So since when Ronaldo is the lone striker in place of Cavani?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Playing both of them may be overkill in a lot of games considering their ages.
I know. But Ronaldo is usually playing off a striker. Like in that last Euro against Belgium, he wasn't effective as lone striker.
Unless I missed the memo somehow, both are not competing with each other.

amolbhatia50k

I know. But Ronaldo is usually playing off a striker. Like in that last Euro against Belgium, he wasn't effective as lone striker.
Unless I missed the memo somehow, both are not competing with each other.
He could play off Greenwood or Martial too (or Cavani of course). I just dont think every team needs a target man.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
A good chunk of the fanbase threw him under the bus when the FA went on a witch hunt on a baseless comment.

And now today a section of the fanbase wouldn't mind cavani leaving for barcelona since we have ronaldo.

If last season didn't show these fans the importance of a proper striker then nothing will. We wouldn't have finished 2nd if cavani wasn't around.

I bet cavani scores more goals (per min played) than ronaldo this season (excluding pens and free kicks).

Show some loyalty to a utd player who's run his socks off every game he's played.

I was really Pissed that Jones didn't give up the no.4 shirt, I also said for that reason alone Cavani shouldn't give up the number 7 shirt either, i made that clear on the "Jones Future" thread i think, it became obvious that most fans subconsciously gave Phil Fecking injury prone Jones a pass because maybe he's English or has been here for so long...

On Cavani, so far he's been class on and off the pitch, i just don't understand why he's been subjected to some of the disrepect he's got over the last couple of days, for him to drop the no.7 shirt to accommodate CR7 shows the sort of human being he is and that for me his selfless compared to Phil Injury plagued Jones.

GueRed

He may not have the rabid fanboys like Pogba and the Martial do

But Cavani is widely respected.

If anything the slander and disrespect on here is reserved for Maguire and Rashford. For every few supporters I’ve noticed you get one or two trashing them.

Imo if they werent English they'd be much higher rated.

Deery

Dreary
I wonder how much respect you’ll have for Cavani when he’s stuck In Uruguay for half the season.

I woke up a chose violence..

redrobed

He’s a good player and I’ve always been respectful of him no matter what he’s got upto off the pitch. I’d let him go if we get Haaland or Lewandowski though.