Cavani is not respected enough around here

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Cavani is fantastic. I didnt realise we had any of the fan base disrespecting him, I got the impression he was pretty much universally respected.

Alfie092

Absolute love El Matador!

True professional who brings so much to the club on and off the pitch. Wanted him back in 2012 when we signed RvP, been one of my favourite strikers ever since.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A good chunk of the fanbase threw him under the bus when the FA went on a witch hunt on a baseless comment.

Everyone wants him to give up his jersey number for ronaldo while jones can show the middle finger to varane. And now today a section of the fanbase wouldn't mind cavani leaving for barcelona since we have ronaldo.

If last season didn't show these fans the importance of a proper striker then nothing will. We wouldn't have finished 2nd if cavani wasn't around.

I bet cavani scores more goals (per min played) than ronaldo this season (excluding pens and free kicks).

Show some loyalty to a utd player who's run his socks off every game he's played.
I may be remembering wrong but I thought when the FA witch hunt was ongoing, the majority was very supportive of Cavani? That’s how I remember it anyway.

& yeah, it’s Ronaldo. I think even if it was Rashford or Bruno with 7, some would ask/expect them to sacrifice it for him as well. Some of our fans have an unhealthy obsession with Ronaldo, the rest are just in love with the guy (understandably so).

Anyway, fans are fickle. No loyalty, but then they’re up in arms if players aren’t loyal either :lol:.

Cavani was very very good and important for us last season. Here’s hoping that continues.

Hughie77

Love the guy cant wait to see, both him and Ronny on the pitch.

Teja

I love the guy, I know people have short memories, but his workrate, him sticking up for Greenwood and mentoring him, all those goals in our comeback games. He's been amazing.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Cavani is fantastic. I didnt realise we had any of the fan base disrespecting him, I got the impression he was pretty much universally respected.
If I was Cavani I would not be that happy that the club had signed a replacement that was older than me. And I don't think it's nailed on that Ronaldo is going to be better.

I wonder if he annoyed people by demanding time off and wanting to be away with Uraguay a lot (which now he won't be able to do anyway)

scottw

Supports
ManUtd and AtlantaUtd
Plastic fans are NEVER Fecking happy, but who cares, they are not real fans! They just like to hide behind a keyboard and bitch about everything.

Any true fan understand what he brings to the team, how he is helping Greenwood this last year, look at this young kid, he is tearing it up and you can bet your a$$ a lot of that is working with Cavi! Cavi is a baller, yes I would have loved to have him here 5-6 years ago, but I will take his brilliant mind working with our future any day of the week. We are lucky to have him!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are talking about a 34 year old player. Just cut the drama. People talk as if we are benching a prime player.

He can't start all games. He will get his fair share of games as well.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Huge respect for the guy from me: every time he plays, we look a better side

meamth

Rashford got a lot more shtick in the forum, Cavani is just mild ones.

The classic "Sell Rashford, sell Pogba, sack Ole" is a common thing in matchday thread

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It's the 'shiny new toy' scenario all over again, that we had when people were clamouring for us to sign ANY new midfielder on deadline day and the days running up to it.

Same here with Cavani. Ronaldo's back so we don't need the old one, we can just throw him away.

It's absolute nonsense. It's also not a majority, it's just the loudest ones that feel that way.

Cavani will play a huge part for us this season. And regarding the number, the people involved at United will deal with that.

meamth

It's the 'shiny new toy' scenario all over again, that we had when people were clamouring for us to sign ANY new midfielder on deadline day and the days running up to it.

Same here with Cavani. Ronaldo's back so we don't need the old one, we can just throw him away.

It's absolute nonsense. It's also not a majority, it's just the loudest ones that feel that way.

Cavani will play a huge part for us this season. And regarding the number, the people involved at United will deal with that.
Weird because I'm having wet dreams Cavani and Ronaldo combining. :drool:

Cloud7

Goals per minute played is such a useless statistic. By goals per minute played Torres was the most prolific striker in Euro 2012

Utd77

Cavani is still world class and was head and shoulders above any other Utd forward last season.

A front three of Greenwood, Ronaldo and Cavani is a fearsome prospect, I mean defenders do have families you know...:eek:

Goals per minute played is such a useless statistic. By goals per minute played Torres was the most prolific striker in Euro 2012
Nobody at that tournament scored more goals than Torres regardless of minutes played, so that's a strange example to use.

Glorio

Tbh I got the same feeling reading a thread about the #7.
That thread has a bunch of weirdos to be fair with zero decency to be fair.

Lot's of "thanks for rescuing us countless times last season,and choosing against going back to your family to give us one more year, but we don't care about you because now we have Ronaldo". I want to hope that doesn't represent the views of the majority of our fan base

r1z3mu

Cavani was my favorite player even before he joined MU.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I wonder how much respect you’ll have for Cavani when he’s stuck In Uruguay for half the season.

I woke up a chose violence..
Been thinking that as I read through this. #7 sorted, no call up, knickers untwisted...

Unless we do the right thing and work on an exemption (there's a strong case for it) forget about him playing at all for us in October and November.

The Firestarter

That Cavani chant is the best football chant I've ever heard. Shame it needs to be changed because of the shirt number though.

RedDevilRoshi

Love the guy and if this is to be most likely his final season here, then I hope we make it a memorable one.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Where's all this come from? I've seen nothing but love and respect for Cavani since he's been here. He's the consummate pro and it will be awesome seeing him and Ronaldo on the pitch even if just for one year. It's only right that Ronaldo gets the No. 7 shirt & and I'm sure he understands that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Funny thread.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That thread has a bunch of weirdos to be fair with zero decency to be fair.

Lot's of "thanks for rescuing us countless times last season,and choosing against going back to your family to give us one more year, but we don't care about you because now we have Ronaldo". I want to hope that doesn't represent the views of the majority of our fan base
Let's not kid ourselves, there are a few more posts like the above here on the caf. Posts like these is what prompted the making of this thread.

Polar

Don’t know what you are talking about. Very very seldom read negative stuff about him on this forum. At least compared with majority of the players.
A good chunk of the fanbase threw him under the bus when the FA went on a witch hunt on a baseless comment.

Everyone wants him to give up his jersey number for ronaldo while jones can show the middle finger to varane. And now today a section of the fanbase wouldn't mind cavani leaving for barcelona since we have ronaldo.

If last season didn't show these fans the importance of a proper striker then nothing will. We wouldn't have finished 2nd if cavani wasn't around.

I bet cavani scores more goals (per min played) than ronaldo this season (excluding pens and free kicks).

Show some loyalty to a utd player who's run his socks off every game he's played.
Don’t know what you are talking about. Very very seldom I read negative stuff about him on this forum. At least compared with majority of the players.

sp_107

Cavani was top 5 players for us last season. Scored+Assisted a LOT of important goals, and got us out of bad situations. Scored in the final as well. Invaluable because he was our only pure CF.
Top-5? He was our best player for raising spirits of so many fans in the pandemic. He was a hero for giving us the pure entertainment what we all needed in those difficult times

Someone

Something
I love Cavani, one of my favorite current players. He seems to be universally loved by the fans too.

On another note, I think it's completely normal for fans on a football message board to disagree on players/ managers, don't know why this upsets some people sometimes, if we all agreed on everything It'd be boring.