Cavani is not respected enough around here

DeGea

As a focal point in attack, he is better than Ronaldo. There I've said it. Ronaldo is a better goal scorer, but Cavani is a better number 9 I think.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Proper warrior this guy. People will credit Ronaldo now obviously but give half of the goal to him really. Love him to bits.

GMoore23

My Favourite United player. Works his balls off every game.
He should be our starting CF with Ronaldo running off him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We need to figure out how to get them both into an XI. They’re both too good to bench.

The thing is, Cavani gives you all the energy and tenacity you’d expect from a 25 year old. He doesn’t play like a senior player other than all the experience he brings.

Heinzesight

I love him. Look at that work rate. I know he was a sub but that urgency and drive is what we missed for most of the game. He comes on and everyone upped their work rate a bit. What a man.

BerryBerryShrew

My Favourite United player. Works his balls off every game.
He should be our starting CF with Ronaldo running off him.
He's the only forward we have who plays with any intensity which makes it absolutely imperative that he starts when fit.

RUCK4444

How fecking good was he when he came on, feck me, everything you could ask from a sub apart from a goal.

Need him on the pitch more.

RedMilo

He changed the intensity of the game which was needed, until he came on Villarreal were playing with us. Has to start vs Everton!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
That run after Ronaldo have given up on it, when it was off to the byline was the sort of attitude every youngster in this team should be achieving. He is not a mercenary, he is a true professional and has put his all into this team since he signed up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As a focal point in attack, he is better than Ronaldo. There I've said it. Ronaldo is a better goal scorer, but Cavani is a better number 9 I think.
100%. And by quite a margin. But how do you leave out Ronaldo though? And what the feck happens when Rashford is available again? You could argue it’s a nice problem for Ole to have. You could also argue it’s a fecking nightmare.

I’d love to see Ronaldo and Cavani start together at some point.

You have one player that is possibly the greatest goal scorer of all time and looks like he can still bang in 25 goals per season, yet in his current incarnation can be pretty anonymous for most of the 90 minutes.

Then you have the other who is a far better focal point and can offer much more our attacking shape over the 90 but may only bag 10-15, partly because he needs to be rotated more.

Fluidity in our attacking play and space for our difference makers (I.e. Ronaldo) improved markedly after Cavani’s introduction.

Ronaldo - Cavani - Greenwood is a mouthwatering prospect.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
100%. And by quite a margin. But how do you leave out Ronaldo though? And what the feck happens when Rashford is available again? You could argue it’s a nice problem for Ole to have. You could also argue it’s a fecking nightmare.
Play ronaldo behind cavani or on one of the wings. I think the former is better because greenwood, sancho and rashford are going to be better on the wings.

Foxbatt

We used to play two strikers. They can play together but then none of our other forwards get to start. I think the opposing defence would prefer not to face Cavani and Ronaldo together in the centre. It means going to a diamond or a 442.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We used to play two strikers. They can play together but then none of our other forwards get to start. I think the opposing defence would prefer not to face Cavani and Ronaldo together in the centre. It means going to a diamond or a 442.
Or 5 - 3 - 2
Could be an interesting in game change to make. Cavani is class. I love him to bits. Wish we’d signed him in his prime. He would have smashed the PL.

Tee27

He changed the game and intensity of it when he came on, was tussling and winning every battle he was having.

With the fanfare of Ronaldo signing he seemed to have been kind of forgotten but he showed today how important he can be.

Brilliant number 9.

LDUred

He's a warrior. That never say die, chasing down a lost cause mentality is worth its weight in gold.

It doesn't fully paper over the cracks but there seems to be more team spirit these days.

Though knowing his mentality he will be annoyed with himself for not burying that chance.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree. Ronaldo is the best goalscorer we have so is definitely a positive but he offers so little outside of that, that everybody else has to contribute more in the buildup/work rate. Plus it doesn't help when your manager can't infuse cohesion into the team with or without Ronaldo. So Cavani's place in the squad is still crucial given Martial has disappeared as he offers a lot of things Ronaldo doesn't do (but he's nowhere near as a pure goalscorer).

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Cavini should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is superior to everyone except Ronaldo and Bruno. You chose a system that suits your players. I would like utd to play a 442 diamond or a 532, with Bruno in the 10 role and Cavaldo up top. Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Lingard (way too many attacking players) can sit on the bench.

NK86

That run after Ronaldo have given up on it, when it was off to the byline was the sort of attitude every youngster in this team should be achieving. He is not a mercenary, he is a true professional and has put his all into this team since he signed up.
Remember seeing that and thinking "this is what true determination is". Darn, wish all our players had his motivation and tenacity when they step onto the pitch.

nickyboy1981

Has to start for me next game. He was the only one showing any desire despite only coming on late.

Crowd went mental when he warmed up, what a player!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The work ethic he shows should be an inspiration especially for our younger forwards. Chasing loose balls, going in for duels and forward play is amazing (even though he missed an easy chance) - brilliant stuff from him

Kopral Jono

I'm all for playing two strikers but In my opinion a diamond or a 4-4-2 would only work if we have a proper holding midfielder. We do have one in Matic, but expecting him to consistently perform as a single pivot given his age is a tough ask.

sugar_kane

Like Zlatan, the guy has been a United player all his career, it's just a shame it took so long for him to actually play for us.

Lam

Reminded everyone why he was a hit last year. 100% effort, intelligence, experience, etc

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If the rest of our attackers worked half as hard as Cavani when pressing and chasing after the ball, we would be a nightmare to play against.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I really don't see how Ronaldo and Cavani playing together could be a good idea. Both are far too focused on scoring when they get the ball, none of than can play as a pivot point for the other, they're just not a good match. Of course it could be useful occasionnally but at the highest level i just don't see it.

EngimaMK

I really don't see how Ronaldo and Cavani playing together could be a good idea. Both are far too focused on scoring when they get the ball, none of than can play as a pivot point for the other, they're just not a good match. Of course it could be useful occasionnally but at the highest level i just don't see it.
Cavani is absolutely not just focused on scoring. He is a work horse and a real team baller

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Cavani is absolutely not just focused on scoring. He is a work horse and a real team baller
He is not an efficient team baller no. On his good nights he'll look like he's a good passer but overall he's really not. I think I know pretty well what Cavani can and cannot do. His strong suit his finishing without controlling the ball and his workrate.