Cavani replacement

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Signing Aguero wouldn’t work I don’t think. He’s declining, injury prone, and probably wouldn’t join us anyway due to his allegiance to City. We need someone younger who we can build our attack around.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Signing Aguero wouldn’t work I don’t think. He’s declining, injury prone, and probably wouldn’t join us anyway due to his allegiance to City. We need someone younger who we can build our attack around.
he's never said anything about an "allegiance to City" just as Michael Owen never said anything about one to Liverpool. Of course it would be nice to find a younger one but who and what would they cost? To be fair to Aguero, hasn't he had just one - if long-term - injury? I can't remember. Meanwhile the always right (!!) Sun claims:
  • Erling Haaland's agent Mino Raiola is set to fly to England for transfer talks with Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool but not Manchester United.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
We should try to get Haaland from Dortmund, he's been in good form recently and would probably be an upgrade on Martial or Rashford in the #9.

y tho

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
he's never said anything about an "allegiance to City" just as Michael Owen never said anything about one to Liverpool. Of course it would be nice to find a younger one but who and what would they cost? To be fair to Aguero, hasn't he had just one - if long-term - injury? I can't remember. Meanwhile the always right (!!) Sun claims:
  • Erling Haaland's agent Mino Raiola is set to fly to England for transfer talks with Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool but not Manchester United.
Owen moved out of lack of suitors , whereas Augero will have many suitors. Plus it's reported he wants to play in another country, and Barcelona look heavy favourites. He's also been injured most of this season and last. Makes zero sense for either party.

Glorio

We should try to get Haaland from Dortmund, he's been in good form recently and would probably be an upgrade on Martial or Rashford in the #9.

y tho
Couldn't tell initially whether that pearl was intentionally understated or not. Was about to respond with a sarcastic "you don't say captain obvious" before I saw the white text :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Owen moved out of lack of suitors , whereas Augero will have many suitors. Plus it's reported he wants to play in another country, and Barcelona look heavy favourites. He's also been injured most of this season and last. Makes zero sense for either party.
also been "reported" that he wants to stay in the PL - and I ask again (I really don't know) has he had one, long-term injury or a few one after the other? Not saying we should sign him, just that he's a better bet than sticking with Martial and cheaper than some other options. Of course, I'd take Halaand ahead of him every time

Denis79

Fits us like a glove then.

kenzowloch

Clearly Cavani wants out for whatever reason, but perhaps Halaand's buy out clause of 80m EUR (which allegedly comes into play in 2022) is the reason we are looking to keep Edi an extra year? Saves us having to stump up the rumoured 160m EUR this year, which could be better spent on Sancho or Grealish (and enables Ole to promote Rashford into more of an no.9 role to share the burden with Tony?)

flappyjay

Looks like we might have to take a cheap gamble. Patson Daka anyone?

EdinburghDevil

Ings would be my pick if Cavani isn't staying and Halaand isn't an option. He'd obviously be 1st pick by a country mile

Irrational.

If Spurs don't qualify for Europe, with their debts mounting, the drop in income from Covid and a stadium to pay off - is there any chance of snaring Kane? We can even throw Martial as part of the deal. :angel: