Cavani signs new contract

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thankfully he didn't hear that song before he signed the contract.
He did. I seem to remember him playing the original in an social media clip earlier in the season with a smile on his face!

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Ohhhhh Edi Cavaaaaniiii
Ohhhhh Edi Cavaaaaaniiii

To the tune of Ohhh Robin Van Persie. This would be good methinks

Infra-red

Good news. Puts players 10 years younger than him to shame.

Get in a CB, a CM and a RW and we might be in business.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No option for another year? I wonder if this is just going to be a rolling thing or whether it's been flat out decided he'll go elsewhere in 2022....

Bondi77

Great news.
He has been on fire recently and I hope he will carry his form into next season and beyond.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
That's great news and awesome picture.

Pogba shifted to left wing, Cavani signing a deal - all the pieces are coming together.
I hope we focus our attention to midfield this summer.

It's been a while since I was so excited for next season!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You can see he's grew more fond of his team mates as the seasons has progressed.

cian68

Now add 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' to the Old Trafford playlist

Havak

Pokemon master
It's great news, but I think that means we are not putting the funds into a Striker this Summer. I kind of agree with it though, as I think keeping Cavani and filling the holes at Right Wing, CDM and CB would give us a better chance at success than just signing a £150m~ forward. It's a good decision.

There is probably a good chance that Haaland and Kane stay put for one more year to negotiate an easier exit anyway, so if there's any chance we can sign one of them, it's probably more likely next season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Awesome. Now go address the areas we actually need strengthening in, Glazers and don't penny pinch.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The difference in attack with a real striker is drastic. Much needed signing.

JustinC00

But people told me in that training kit sponsor thread that players won't want to come to us or sign contract extensions

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sad it's not with another extension option. I would keep him for longer than a year even if he's only capable of half a season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This one feels so pure because you know he chose to stay because of how appreciated he feels by the players and staff, and probably looking forward to playing in front of the fans. Bit of a change after not really getting the recognition he deserved while at PSG. Great to see.
Leaves a sour taste too given how loyal he was to them, always clearly inclined to stay put rather than play along with the regular rumours.

Must be so annoying for him wondering why he put up with playing on the wing for Zlatan and then Neymar's childish attitude for so long :annoyed:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Guy is genuine, you can see that. If he says he's been touched by how the fans wanted him to stay you really believe him. Absolutely love him as a player, too.

Also don't get people ridiculing his goal celebration, it's fecking ace!

TrustInOle

Feck yeah! Absolutely delighted with this and excited for him, he deserves to score at a fan filled Old Trafford.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's great news, but I think that means we are not putting the funds into a Striker this Summer. I kind of agree with it though, as I think keeping Cavani and filling the holes at Right Wing, CDM and CB would give us a better chance at success than just signing a £150m~ forward. It's a good decision.

There is probably a good chance that Haaland and Kane stay put for one more year to negotiate an easier exit anyway, so if there's any chance we can sign one of them, it's probably more likely next season.
Also helps our case for them to see us play with a proper striker and focal point rather than the mistery of whether you can just slot in instead of Martial.