Cavani signs new contract

Spoony

The People's President
I've got one, 'One Edison Cavani, there's only one Edison Cavaaaaani...'

It's not creative but it's got a lot of spunk.

markhughes

I wonder if the fact the UK is making good progress against Covid makes it more attractive to stay in this country for a while longer? Either way I'm delighted to have him for another year!

Where is his family right now?

Great news. Hopefully his good form can continue and he's a great teacher for Greenwood.

El Zoido

Awesome news!

That does not look like a guy who was in two minds about staying. He looks well chuffed!
I think his family really wants to go back to Uruguay, I’d guess that’s been on his mind a lot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've got one, 'One Edison Cavani, there's only one Edison Cavaaaaani...'

It's not creative but it's got a lot of spunk.
Think there’s only one obvious song:

‘Edinson Cavani is a Uruguayan hero,
On a free from PSG he cost us fookin’ zero!’

To the tune of Barry Manilow’s ‘Mandy’:

Oh Cavani,
Well, you came and you scored without flailing
So we lengthened your stay
Oh, Cavani
Well, you assisted and stopped us from failing
And we need you to play
Oh, Cavani!

Dante

Average bang
Do people really not know the Cavani chant? It's pretty much set in stone now.

This is the original by Bashy in November.

arnie_ni

"And so, yes, it’s true that after I’d finished talking with Ander, we came to an agreement here with the club"

Herrera helped get it over the line

mu4c_20le

Speaking on Uruguayan radio show '2 de Punta', Cavani revealed just how close he came to joining Boca.

He said: "The possibility I was going to sign for them was real. But I was always clear. What has been said and printed is half true, half lies. Sometimes it’s like that. But the chance was real.

“Has the door with Boca been left open? I haven’t closed it. You’d need to ask Boca if the door is open. But today the reality is what it is, I’m at Manchester United and I’m fully focussed.

“There are moments when you need to be near your roots and your loved ones. There’s not a year goes by when I don’t think about it.

“But the decision is a mixture of things, the affection of the people, the attitude of the club with me and my family, my teammates asking me to stay, the manager.”
Gwan Edi, make yourself a legend today.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think his family really wants to go back to Uruguay, I’d guess that’s been on his mind a lot.
The guy lives for his football and his family know that. Go back to January and you have the idiotic racism incident, he still wasn't clicking with other players, all ball to feet, Rashford hogging the ball and running into blind alleys, and it was winter... Uruguay isn't some sunny tropical country but I spent more than a decade in the UK and never got over it. It's fecking depressing how late the sun comes out and how early it's all but gone. When they said "Winter's coming" in GoT for me it was a throwback to how much I dreaded the arrival of winter in the UK.

Of course he wasn't happy, and nobody around him could be happy about that. It doesn't matter how much you get paid there or at Boca if you don't need the money and are having a lousy time.

I was always optimistic that the winter would end, the niggles would be left behind and he could get a run of games that got him back to enjoying doing what he does. Reckon Pogba has been massive in that regard as suddenly there were two players who could "get him", and then there's Greenwood's progress...

After Spurs I was positive the tide would turn, after Roma it was never in doubt. Football is not work, it's what he loves: competing and being on edge for 90mins is what he lives and dies by. So long as his body responds that's all he wants to be doing and his family know that too, they would never want to take that away from him. A few months ago it really wasn't there, that's all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The guy lives for his football and his family know that. Go back to January and you have the idiotic racism incident, he still wasn't clicking with other players, all ball to feet, Rashford hogging the ball and running into blind alleys, and it was winter... Uruguay isn't some sunny tropical country but I spent more than a decade in the UK and never got over it. It's fecking depressing how late the sun comes out and how early it's all but gone. When they said "Winter's coming" in GoT for me it was a throwback to how much I dreaded the arrival of winter in the UK.

Of course he wasn't happy, and nobody around him could be happy about that. It doesn't matter how much you get paid there or at Boca if you don't need the money and are having a lousy time.

I was always optimistic that the winter would end, the niggles would be left behind and he could get a run of games that got him back to enjoying doing what he does. Reckon Pogba has been massive in that regard as suddenly there were two players who could "get him", and then there's Greenwood's progress...

After Spurs I was positive the tide would turn, after Roma it was never in doubt. Football is not work, it's what he loves: competing and being on edge for 90mins is what he lives and dies by. So long as his body responds that's all he wants to be doing and his family know that too, they would never want to take that away from him. A few months ago it really wasn't there, that's all.
:lol: this really made me laugh. I hope you're on the path to recovery!

Matriac

Some noises today coming out about a deal with Roma. Almost certainly nonsense, but the rumour being Jose is trying to poach him

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...d-transfer-news-Edinson-Cavani-Roma-agreement
Not even worth posting on here. He has never played under Mou before, so why would he be enticed to go to Roma of all places for a season or so at the end of his career. Biggest he could hope for there is a cup most likely.

While a long shot, we are still a much bigger chance for a big title for him to cap off his career.