Cavani to Barcelona?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Weird one, we gave him a chance after no team in Europe wanted to touch him and his wage demands. Its not like he even had a productive period other than a stretch here and there, picking up injuries even with adequate rest.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shame he was never fit and never settled, hell of a player on his day.

Red For Ever

Great when he plays, but sadly so many Injuries
A fit Cavani is a great asset
But sadly for him and us, that's not so often, don't imagine that's going to get much better for the rest of this season.
Love him to stay, but if he is just keeping the treatment table warm, then maybe a warmer climate might be best

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really like the guy but ever since he’s been here all he wanted to do is leave

Ixion

Would have been great if he really wanted to be here and stayed for a few years but getting a season and a bit out of him and having to try and beg him to stay multiple times is a bit pointless. If he wants to go then so be it.

Mainoldo

He’s 34 let him go. Our squad is bloated as it is. Drop a swap deal with De Jong if we can too.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yeah he's going to leave United by terminating his contract to join Barca who can barely afford to pay him and have just lost CL football..

Utter nonsense
Losing Aguero’s wages will offset the financial issues with Cavani. Let them replace one sick note with another.

el3mel

No ill feeling from me. Good luck to him if he wants to leave. Did his job and was a great watch imo.

saivet

I think we should let him if he desperately wants to leave and if we are unable to get rid of Martial. We currently have too many strikers so getting rid of one isn't necessarily a bad thing, though I would much prefer Cavani stays over Martial.

GBBQ

We wont really miss someone who isn't playing but its a pity he hasn't been fit because I think he showed a great ability to press in the games he did play and would be a great asset to the system we are trying to incorporate.

Kaos

I have to admit he has surprised me with how useful of a player he's been for us....when he's actually played. It's frustrating how he's been scarcely available for selection, whether that's through injury or international duty. Would love for him to stay since I think he'd be a great fit for Ragnick side, but if he wants out and is hardly available I'd have no qualms about him being moved on.

Brophs

The One and Only
Give that Martial wants to leave and Ronaldo is 36, I'm not sure I'd be letting him leave before summer, as we need cover for those forward positions.

mu4c_20le

Grateful for his time here, but did not expect it to end like this

Giggsy13

Why would he leave for a team in the Europa league? Nonsense imo. He stays and makes a big impact for us in the second half of the season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I would like to see him play under Ralf at least twice. Theoretically he should fit the team better than Ronaldo as the sole striker, as much as I hate saying it. The main concern is his injury though....

Ixion

Why would he leave for a team in the Europa league? Nonsense imo. He stays and makes a big impact for us in the second half of the season.
By all accounts we really had to convince him to stay for a second season. If his heart isn't in it then CL football might not be the most important thing.

SonyaCross493

Barcelona on a 18-month contract will be a good move for the big man. Never worked out for Cavani at United. He was/is a massive sicknote/crock spending more time injured than available. Still sad to see him leave as he's so likeable but apparently he's never settled in Manchester and never being happy for ages. So best of luck to him you can't force a player to stay who wants to leave.

Spain culture and weather will suit him more and probably will be less injury prone in Spain. Not a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke (which he will probably be injured for anyway!:lol:)

I always thought there was a reason PSG let him leave on a free. Same way Real Madrid let Sergio Ramos leave these top teams don't often make mistakes. They wouldn't let these leave for free without a good reason. And we have seen why with the injuries.

still no hard feelings but I don't want players playing for Manchester United who don't want to be here and want to leave. Makes you wonder now if some of Cavani's injuries are psychological because subconsciously he's not happy at United and wants to leave. I guess time will tell and we will see when he joins Barcelona if he's suddenly fit more often to play regularly.

it's a shame we have have only seen Cavani and CR7 striker partnership starting together 1 time this season away against Spurs.. it had the potential to be the best strike partnership in the whole of Europe. A what if question?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Im torn - I really like him as a player but hes never fit.
Ill be sad if he goes in a way especially if he suddenly gets fit

Mainoldo

Give that Martial wants to leave and Ronaldo is 36, I'm not sure I'd be letting him leave before summer, as we need cover for those forward positions.
He’s never fit. What cover? He’s just a dent on the wage budget. Sell him and Martial and get someone else if we even need to.

Mainoldo

He’s not Ole. He’s not going to stay to be an impact player when he can be Barca‘s first team player.

youngrell

The amount of time he spends sidelined is strange. When on the field he is all action – probably even to his own detriment on times – yet he seems completely reluctant to feature unless he's 100% fit.

I think we look a much better team when he's in the side, but he so rarely is then I don't think it will be a massive loss. Would be a shame to see him move and suddenly start to play regularly though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Never seems fit and, tbh, I'm still relatively surprised he stayed on past last season.
I think Ole played a massive part/role in prolonging his stay here and obviously the $.

Much like Ibra before him, Cavani was a signing too late in the day for us. Would've loved him here at his peak.

Uniquim

I thought Cavani wanted to join Boca. There were articles saying Bermudez said he'd talked to Riquelme among others.
In any case, Gabigol is also linked to Barca for €20m. I think Cavain is more likely given their financial position, but I also think they'll be linked with A LOT of strikers.

Money talks
But Barca doesn't have any.

Gandalf

So far as the Barca have no money comments I would assume the retirement of the ex City diver has freed up some room on the wage bill and Cavani is to some degree a like for like swap, veteran goalscorer on an 18 month deal. Considering he only has 6 months for us and clearly will not be extending it would probably be the decent thing to let him go for free if he has a better offer on the table and we can use the savings ourselves to help with freshening up the squad. I expect several departures in January and we may not sign anyone, I think RR wants to get a better understanding of what he is working with and go into the summer window with a decent budget and a plan.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Apparently Barca want us to rescind his contract to allow him to move there for nothing, absolute cheap skates.
The fecking cheek of it! Hopefully we tell them to get fecked.

I’m not bothered about him leaving at all, but he has six months left on his contract and if they want him now they should pay a transfer fee.

Luke1995

He was linked with a couple brazilian clubs aswell. Seems like he has a fantastic agent.

In regards to this, he is a better striker than Braithwaite and has a higher work rate than the likes of Memphis and Dembele, so it would make sense for them.

But they don't appear to have the money to pay for the wages of a player like him.

Heinzesight

Perfect player for us. Proper United. Just wish he was fit. Love everything about the guy…just not his fitness.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Injuries have been the killer for him for his time at the club, would love to see him and Ronnie up front for a good few games.
His work rate and enthusiasm on the pitch motivates the rest of the team to up their game.

Cant see Barca being able to afford him unless they are selling someone.

RUCK4444

Injuries have been the killer for him for his time at the club, would love to see him and Ronnie up front for a good few games.
His work rate and enthusiasm on the pitch motivates the rest of the team to up their game.

Cant see Barca being able to afford him unless they are selling someone.
This. We really need to get those two on the pitch together.

He’s the type of player that would come in crucial over the course of a season when legs are tiring.

Let him go if he wants to leave at the end of the season, but let’s try to make the most of him whilst he’s here. Excellent player.

Back To Madeira

Yesterday I had a daydream that he scored the winner against PSG to put us into the Champions League final. Really hope he stays as our returning players could have a big impact in the second half of the season.