Cavani to Barcelona?

Zoo

Barça will offer Edinson Cavani an 18 month contract. For the rest of this season, he would earn €3.5m net + €1m in variables. For next season, it would increase to €4m + €1.5m in variables.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Theres always a lot of speculation around Cavani for some reason, it's not like he's fit and can't get a game, he's injured

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Swap for De Jong, no worries.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I’m not losing any sleep over this, he’s never available anyway.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Not bothered, he's never fit and we're stacked up front. He has been very good for us, no doubt. I'd wish him well.

RUCK4444

Love how in this place Rashford is trash and Cavani can feck off as well …. Martial off in Jan, just stick with Ronnie and nobody else shall we?

OL29

Love how in this place Rashford is trash and Cavani can feck off as well …. Martial off in Jan, just stick with Ronnie and nobody else shall we?
I’m fairness, Greenwood deserves a shot at playing up front.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Shame, hes a fantastic player but all the years have caught up to him in the injury department. If he does go, I wish him well. Im sure I read that playing for Barca was one of his career goals. So good on him for achieving that I guess.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a good player but what are we supposed to do? He's always fecking injured. Also Rashford's going nowhere.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah he's going to leave United by terminating his contract to join Barca who can barely afford to pay him and have just lost CL football..

Utter nonsense

OverratedOpinion

I still think he is brilliant, shame about the injuries.

Would wish him well, the chip from 40 yards is one of my favorite goals in the last 10 years.

Abraxas

Would be disappointing because if we can get him on the pitch he's effective and I think he'd look good as Ronaldo's foil, he's got the attributes for it that Rashford does not. He doesn't play like his body is letting him down but it quite clearly is in terms of injury.

Scholsey2004

Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Elanga is fine for the front 2 spaces. IMO part of our problem is we operate with more players tban we need so theres always a few players with an axe to grind. Stockpiling players isnt good for morale.

Abraxas

Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Elanga is fine for the front 2 spaces. IMO part of our problem is we operate with more players tban we need so theres always a few players with an axe to grind. Stockpiling players isnt good for morale.
I wouldn't say it's fine because of those it's Cavani that gives us something a lot different. Work-rate, hold up play, another threat to sniff out an ugly goal. Only if he's actually available though of course.

SAFMUTD

Not bothered really, he's barely available between traveling to play with Uruguay and his injuries it's like he's not even here.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s felt like he’s been part time since the moment he joined. Bye.

Guapa

Hope nothing in this but there's a lot of smoke to this recently.Can't blame him with Ronnie back here he's going to be second fiddle.Wish him all the best what ever he decides to do.Been quality for us whenever he's played But we have too build for the future with this season half way through already.

cyberman

Jesus can someone at Barca try to be somewhat financially sensible

Gfooty

People do forget fast here. Cavani has made some very important goals, pretty much always plays good and now would be thrown away like trash if the caf had anything to say about it. Zero respect.

Yes he's injured now -- what do you expect at his age. The season is long in multiple competitions and Ron needs a good stand in.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People do forget fast here. Cavani has made some very important goals, pretty much always plays good and now would be thrown away like trash if the caf had anything to say about it. Zero respect.

Yes he's injured now -- what do you expect at his age. The season is long in multiple competitions and Ron needs a good stand in.
He’s been a complete part timer the whole time. You can’t possibly rely on him so for me it’s a hard pass. Bye.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Who cares? He is 34. He should be able go go wherever he wants without being hated.

Djemba-Djemba

When he's fit he's great, we probably played our best football in the last 18 months with him up front.

But he's so rarely available, he's constantly injured. It was only the last couple of months last season where it felt like he was fit, and this season has been a total waste of time from him.

Wouldn't be a huge loss.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
This has to be fake. Barca media is saying ferran Torres deal is done too for 55m. They don't have the money!

RedDevil-85

I like Cavani alot but he is never available.
Dont care if he leaves or not.

Rooney1987

Yeah he's going to leave United by terminating his contract to join Barca who can barely afford to pay him and have just lost CL football..

Utter nonsense
The worst bit for me is the terminating his own contract, not sure this reporter knows how contracts work.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No I like him and even if he won't get much playing time his influence would be positive

We also might lose Anthony so we definitely will need him

Posters above saying barca won't go for him i ain't too sure

Barca can be pretty retarded at times they might be this of replacing aguero with cavani so they might go for him though I don't think we entertain the idea he's here for just the remainder of the season anyway

OleGunnar20

Ronaldo / Greenwood / Rashford / Elanga

Seems about right to me. Martial & Cavani should leave. Best of luck to Edinson, he's been great in his time here.

MUFC OK

Not until the end of the season please. He will be ideal for the games against A.Madrid and the Spurs game he played up top with Ronaldo was majestic. I want to see more of them together.

yamo123x

None of us want him to leave as he is still a class striker.... but there has to be a realisation that he is not a long term option, he struggles with injury alot and takes up a huge chunk of wages. If he wants to go let him go.

Martial, Cavani, Lingard, Pogba, Jones, Mata frees up alot of wages for new signings.

Strats

Hope this doesn’t happen, would love to see him get a few games before he leaves even if he’s tarnished with injuries. Think he’d be a perfect striker in Ragnicks system.

Shame we never had a prime Cavani playing for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The worst bit for me is the terminating his own contract, not sure this reporter knows how contracts work.
It doesn't apply to Cavani but players can terminate their own contract based on the Webster ruling, of course their is a time limit of 3 and 2 years depending on your age when you signed that contract.