Cavani to Barcelona?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Sad way to go about things, I hope the club makes it difficult. Very shady from Barca and his agent.

Rooney1987

It doesn't apply to Cavani but players can terminate their own contract based on the Webster ruling, of course their is a time limit of 3 and 2 years depending on your age when you signed that contract.
I am abit uneducated on these contracts so you might need to help us out but isn't 2 years for over 28s. He's on 13mil with 7 months left, seems a lot to buy himself out unless United agree to letting him go which I don't see.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Meh anyone who really wants to go can go, always felt the same.

Not for free though if there is a contract it has to be honoured or compensation paid.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I am abit uneducated on these contracts so you might need to help us out but isn't 2 years for over 28s. He's on 13mil with 7 months left, seems a lot to buy himself out unless United agree to letting him go which I don't see.
As I said it doesn't apply to Cavani. The point was more about the "how contracts work". If Cavani was beyond two years of his current contract he could unilaterally break it and it doesn't matter who pays, for example it could be beneficial for Barcelona to pay in his stead 6.5m-7m in compensation, it's cheaper than what you would generally pay for anyone good enough to play for Barcelona.

Sviken

Great player. Shame he is often injured. Would be fine selling him in January, but at least we should receive something for it. Giving him for free should be out of the question. This isn't Phil Jones we're talking about.

Pickle85

I really dislike Barca as a club but something about them circling any player that shows a hint of going cheap at the moment makes me dislike them even more. It is quite funny to watch them being so cap in hand though.

T_Model101

Can't see us getting more than a nominal fee, him leaving in January saves us £5-6M

Stretford_End_17

Cavani is an amazing squad player but i guess he doesnt see himself as such. so good luck to him in barcelona.

i think the thought of living in spain sounds great for him and his family.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Loved him for his time here but can’t blame him for wanting to leave given we begged him to stay and then signed Ronaldo.

Good luck to him.

Judas

Open to offers
Sad to see him go if he does leave next month. Loved watching him play for us, but his injury record and the amount of time he's missed has been a proper pain, very reliable once you get him on the pitch though.

choccy77

If Barca really want to be taken seriously, they should sign Phil Jones immediately.

SAF is the GOAT

I love Edi with all my heart and I respect him BUT we also need to genuine - This guy is always injured and we can't use him.

We can't afford to have a player that half of the time isn't available to the manager.

Galactico

Why would he leave for a team in the Europa league? Nonsense imo. He stays and makes a big impact for us in the second half of the season.
This!! We need him, he’s top quality so why let him go?! He’s all-action and very entertaining to watch. We’ve got champions league, FA Cup and top 3-4 finish to play for and we need players of his quality. If Ronaldo gets injured, who do we play there that’s better than Cavani? Also, if they play together in some games, it’s a scary proposition. For someone that “doesn’t want to be here” he runs his socks off for us, constantly presses and forces errors and is a really good finisher. He was the only one worthy of the #7 since Ronaldo himself. There’s a few postponed that will now be compressed into the second half of the season and we need our best squad to achieve our Top 4 target and possibly win / go far in the 2 cups. A fit Cavani makes the first XI for me.

GoldanoGraham

He’s a fantastic guy, fantastic player…..but he is made of glass - he is always injured!

Im not sure Barca will be taking him on while they’ve got Dembele and Umtiti on their books as they are injured way more than Edi!

Also, the glamour of once signing for Barca has now gone, they are really quite shite now - and will be for a while to come.

No need to release him in Jan - he can defo be of use in the New Year.

BlueHaze

If he goes best of luck to him. He gave it his all every single time he played for us which can't be said for many others tbh. Even at his age and struggles with fitness he was still good and I can be proud to say that Cavani has played for my club. Won't be bothered at all if he goes in January, his days are sadly over.

Bondi77

He has been good for us when he has been on the pitch but you have to make sure you don't blink otherwise you will miss it.
I have no problems with him going to Barca as he was only a short term fix anyway and if it does go some way to opening up any channels for us regarding Frenkie than that could only be good for us.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Why is he always being linked with a move away from the club? Ever since he came he's always been linked to some other club or another. Is he unhappy at United or something? Because I don't see any unhappiness when he plays.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why is he always being linked with a move away from the club? Ever since he came he's always been linked to some other club or another. Is he unhappy at United or something? Because I don't see any unhappiness when he plays.
Maybe he's just a very good professional.
He must feel let down if we convinced him to stay then buy Ronaldo and never use him. Shame about his injury record too, but if he goes he'll leave only positive memories for me.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Maybe he's just a very good professional.
He must feel let down if we convinced him to stay then buy Ronaldo and never use him. Shame about his injury record too, but if he goes he'll leave only positive memories for me.
We never use him because he's not match fit though right? Think he's been injured for large parts of the season so far.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Didn’t want to stay last year, wanted to play for Uruguay for about six weeks after returning late for the start of this season, has picked up another random minor injury preventing him from playing for months and now there’s rumours of him leaving to Barca for about the third or fourth time in 18 months. Yeah top guy…love him.

Drizzle

Didn’t want to stay last year, wanted to play for Uruguay for about six weeks after returning late for the start of this season, has picked up another random minor injury preventing him from playing for months and now there’s rumours of him leaving to Barca for about the third or fourth time in 18 months. Yeah top guy…love him.
This is exactly it. I don't understand why this fanbase lavishes its adoration on completely undeserving players.

We did it with a few other short-term mercenaries too who drifted in for a late-career paycheck and then left shortly afterwards.

One day I'll set out my theory on the inverse relationship between players getting complex lovingly crafted chants dedicated to them and the trajectory of their United career.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is exactly it. I don't understand why this fanbase lavishes its adoration on completely undeserving players.

We did it with a few other short-term mercenaries too who drifted in for a late-career paycheck and then left shortly afterwards.

One day I'll set out my theory on the inverse relationship between players getting complex lovingly crafted chants dedicated to them and the trajectory of their United career.
I’ll be interested to read it

jesperjaap

Never realy looked settled and happy here to me in England, often injured, had the Ronaldo signing limiting his games....No real surprise he wants to leave and no problem with him doing so, even though it is a shame, as the limited number of games he has played, proved he still has the world class ability in the box and his work rate closing the ball down is an example many others should be following.

The positive is hopefully if we stck with a front two, hopefully Greenwood gets more opportunities thee rather than out wide

Judas

Open to offers
Has Ronaldo really limited his games, or has be barely been available this season? I can't remember too many times him being on the bench, but I could be totally wrong.

Red Royal

A fit and firing Cavani would never be considered to be let go. I.e. the one who showed up vs Spurs and came on for the Villereal cameo. That kind of energy is fantastic and I was hoping our younger forwards would learn from him. However age does seem to have taken its toll, and so if Barca is a preferred destination for him then.... we should play hardball and insist we have first dibs on de Jong or they can feck off and we keep Edi for the remaining 4 games he will be available for this season :D

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We need to hold on to cavani, he gives us something different. He’d be good next to Ronaldo, we’d have 2 strikers who can get on the end of things and what Ronaldo doesn’t offer, Cavani will.. which is work rate.. rashford and greenwood are best against teams that play a high line and when there aloud space. Ronaldo and cavani will get goals in and around the box.

Reynoldo

Don’t see the point in letting him go. Yes he’s injured a lot but he offers us something different when available. Plus with a 2 forward system with strikers who blow hot and cold I think he’s actually quite important. When the younger ones are playing crap and Ronnie is not winning so doing little, bringing on El Matador to rouse the players and fans in a match can be game changing.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
We never use him because he's not match fit though right? Think he's been injured for large parts of the season so far.
Partly- I'd need to check how often he was an unused sub this season.

Model pro on the pitch with movement and work rate the majority of our forwards could learn massively from.

predator

Youth NITK
I like Cavani because he always shows alot of desire and effort when playing for us and still has the ability to do things special but I suspected that he wouldn’t enjoy living in England as I remember some comments he made about English culture years ago...

Since being here though it seems he is actually enjoying himself. He posted videos on Instagram of him hiking, fishing on lake mere which his mansion overlooks (which is stunning btw). He is adored by the fans aswell. Everything seems to have gone better than expected.

However, he's in the twilight stages of his career and I'm sure, with him being a South American, would love to get the chance to play for Barcelona in la liga, in which he has never played in.

Personally I say, thanks Edi and let him leave amicably. He is frequently injured and it wouldnt be the end of the world for us.

led_scholes

On his day, he is the 3rd most influential player after Ronaldo and Bruno. I like him alot. There were reports since last year that he was not really settled here. but his commitment when playing was outsdanding -and that is why i think many fans appreciate him and would be bit sad to see him go. Top, top professional. In the EL final, he showed more fight than players with half of his trophy cabinet. If he wants to leave then fine, taking into account that he has lost his spot here.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He is a top striker who comes up with crucial goals. Plus his off the ball movement is the best in our squad at the moment. We can't let him go.

siw2007

I personally wouldn’t let him go this January if Barcelona expect us to just let him go for free, I would want a small transfer fee from them, something like £5m. Otherwise, I think he could be a big player for us in the 2nd half of the season, if we are playing with 2 strikers, he will be needed.

Robertd0803

No reason at all for us to just cancel his contract and let Barca have him for free. What are Barca thinking??

foolsgold

It's Christmas, he's played 5 league games and scored 1 goal. Enjoyed watching him play, but I don't see what he really offers at this point. We'd be better investing the minutes in Greenwood and Elanga. Especially if the rumoured salary of 10m+ a year is true. If he wants to go we shouldn't be standing in his way, same with Martial.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

captain666

Barca are in for every available player on a free,we are paying Cavani 1M a month at present,some form of compensation is needed but I'm not against letting him go

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’d let him and Martial leave in January. Love Cavani but he’s only here for 6 more months at most and he’s been injured all season. We’d be better off saving the 6-7m left on his salary and reinvesting it in the squad. Someone like Adeyemi would be a worthwhile investment IMO.

We have Elanga, Amad and Greenwood all chomping at the bit for minutes, and all fit the profile of a Rangnick type player. All with massive potential.

Same goes for Pogba. Sell in January if possible 10-20m would be great and go for a system player that fits the way Rangnick wants to play. We don’t need another flash bastard who has zero work rate. Haidaira seems to be one we have an eye on. Or save the money for a big De Jong or Bellingham bid in the summer.