Cavani to Barcelona?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Not too bothered if he leaves. Top striker but never felt he was one of us, a United player, probably because he hasn’t played anywhere near enough, too old too.
Most the away games I've been to this season, his name is probably sung the most and there are always 2-3 groups (of English fans) with Uruguay flags. Think he's gaining a cult following in a short period here, like Zlatan, RVP or Larsson who made a big impact in a short time.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not sure if this has been posted already but it certainly looks like he thinks he's on his way out.
Not sure what all the fuss is about. That’s exactly how my 3 year old says goodbye to me, even if she’s just off to take a quick shit.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What a man what a player. If he goes then he’ll be forever remembered at United.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Love his tenacity, the way he celebrates goals. He's a joy to watch and i connect with Cavani more than 95% of our current squad.
Yep, though I think ,due to his age and mentality, he's abit more old school and its easier for me, a guy who's in his 30's, to connect with that.

Sigh, should've signed him earlier.

goptun

It's been one of those excellent little stints that the club very much has a taste for. He seemingly wanted out in the summer, so if he's angling for it again it's obviously for the best if we part ways now. We will definitely need a replacement, though.

sillwuka

Yep, though I think ,due to his age and mentality, he's abit more old school and its easier for me, a guy who's in his 30's, to connect with that.

Sigh, should've signed him earlier.
I underrated him massively at PSG, i didn't realise his brilliance from a far.

Can only hope he helps us win a trophy before the end of the season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s started 3 league games this year. I love him when he’s fit but it’s far too rare. He’s had injury issues 3 seasons straight. I don’t think he’s off to Barca though - they’re getting Morata.

captaincantona

Not sure what all the fuss is about. That’s exactly how my 3 year old says goodbye to me, even if she’s just off to take a quick shit.
Yeah...no ...he is gone....this was exactly how my wife said goodbye 2 years ago when she went to Tesco’s for cat food...I just figured with COVID and everything...she might have been delayed...but nope...she is now in Barcelona with some guy called Xavi.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s started 3 league games this year. I love him when he’s fit but it’s far too rare. He’s had injury issues 3 seasons straight. I don’t think he’s off to Barca though - they’re getting Morata.
If he starts one game in four for the rest of the season I'd still have him. Sincerely hope he is NOT gone.

saivet

Sounds like he wants out but we won't let him leave, which I think is the right move as he can be important for us.

Marwood

Good news that.

Wasn't a fan of him in that deeper role against Burnley but if he can repeat what he did 2nd half of last season it could be crucial.

DWelbz19

Even with his pretty terrible fitness, I'd rather have him than not, losing him in January would be foolish.
Absolutely. He’s our best striker when actually fit

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Do you get bored of peddling the same thing over and over again? We get it, you don’t rate/like the player. He scored 18 goals last year. 3rd most in the team? Minutes to goals ratio was really high. I mean if this is your opinion of Cavani I’d love to know what you think about the rest of our squad.
I’ve not peddled anything? I’ve asked for something more specific than hyperbole.

To put some context in to your stats…..Cavani had the most impact in he EL scoring 6 times, but ultimately we didn’t win it, and winning it wouldn’t have saved the season.

In the premier league, we finished second which saved our season. However up until game week 31 Cavani had scored just 6 goals in the league, one v Everton was the last kick of the game and we were already winning 2-1, 1 in a 9-0 win and 1 in a 3-3 draw. So the two goals at Southampton and the equaliser v Fulham were his biggest impacts in the first 30 premier league games.

By game week 31 we were 9 points clear of 5th place and never in danger of dropping out. Cavani here had his best spell scoring 3 goals in 4 games.

So forgive me just because you and others love Cavani….it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that he saved our season in any way. He had minimal impact as a CF and less as an impact sub.

captaincantona

I’ve not peddled anything? I’ve asked for something more specific than hyperbole.

To put some context in to your stats…..Cavani had the most impact in he EL scoring 6 times, but ultimately we didn’t win it, and winning it wouldn’t have saved the season.

In the premier league, we finished second which saved our season. However up until game week 31 Cavani had scored just 6 goals in the league, one v Everton was the last kick of the game and we were already winning 2-1, 1 in a 9-0 win and 1 in a 3-3 draw. So the two goals at Southampton and the equaliser v Fulham were his biggest impacts in the first 30 premier league games.

By game week 31 we were 9 points clear of 5th place and never in danger of dropping out. Cavani here had his best spell scoring 3 goals in 4 games.

So forgive me just because you and others love Cavani….it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that he saved our season in any way. He had minimal impact as a CF and less as an impact sub.
Or maybe people recognise that he was brought in as a plan ‘b’, largely expected to be a flop, and instead turned out to be a top top professional, excellent addition to the squad, scored some important goals, and has shown more commitment in a Utd shirt then some of the self proclaimed “Utd through and through” brigade. been an all round good short term signing and there aren’t many that could say he has been anything but that.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Or maybe people recognise that he was brought in as a plan ‘b’, largely expected to be a flop, and instead turned out to be a top top professional, excellent addition to the squad, scored some important goals, and has shown more commitment in a Utd shirt then some of the self proclaimed “Utd through and through” brigade. been an all round good short term signing and there aren’t many that could say he has been anything but that.
I’d agree he’s been a good short term signing. Nothing more. He clearly wants to move but Ralf has said no. Great commitment

captaincantona

I’d agree he’s been a good short term signing. Nothing more. He clearly wants to move but Ralf has said no. Great commitment
Great commitment on the field and by all accounts in training. Why should he be committed to the club as a whole? He has no ties here which make his short stint even more impressive. Could have easily swooped in for a payday Alexis style. Point being his commitment and application and effort makes some of the “but I said sorry on Instagram and bleed red for this great club...” bullshitters look completely unprofessional. If the squad all had his work ethic we would only be in half the mess we are in. So I would say he has done alright yeah...good luck to him whatever he does. He can hold his head high

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great commitment on the field and by all accounts in training. Why should he be committed to the club as a whole? He has no ties here which make his short stint even more impressive. Could have easily swooped in for a payday Alexis style. Point being his commitment and application and effort makes some of the “but I said sorry on Instagram and bleed red for this great club...” bullshitters look completely unprofessional. If the squad all had his work ethic we would only be in half the mess we are in. So I would say he has done alright yeah...good luck to him whatever he does. He can hold his head high
Yeah all I ever really hear is that he runs a lot and Ole praised him in training once. Not really tangible for me, I think he’s been decent…had a really good end to the season last year….did very little before and since. Nothing to say he won’t have a great end to this season if he can stay fit and we will benefit if he does….but he’d rather not be here.

captaincantona

Yeah all I ever really hear is that he runs a lot and Ole praised him in training once. Not really tangible for me, I think he’s been decent…had a really good end to the season last year….did very little before and since. Nothing to say he won’t have a great end to this season if he can stay fit and we will benefit if he does….but he’d rather not be here.
And that’s how far we have fallen...that good professionalism, drive and lack of drama stands out as being something to be admired as opposed to bare minimum requirement of a Utd player.

he does more then run about though.

I thought Ralf said he wasn't going to stand in the way of any player that wants to leave?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yeah...no ...he is gone....this was exactly how my wife said goodbye 2 years ago when she went to Tesco’s for cat food...I just figured with COVID and everything...she might have been delayed...but nope...she is now in Barcelona with some guy called Xavi.
I wouldnt worry; Xavi cant do anything with her until he offloads some players first.

dinostar77

Glad RR has said he is staying. The sort of player with the work ethic and class we need more of at Utd.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Such a strange player. Rarely ever available and constantly linked with moves away, so from that you'd think he hates being at United. And yet, every time he's on the pitch he plays his heart out for us and scores important goals. Hope we keep him until the end of the season.

Bondi77

He only has another 6 months on his contract which he renewed 6 months ago and has hardly played since then!
Before we signed him I thought his agent was pimping him around to another clubs but no club fancied paying his high wages and his increasing tendency to pick up injuries but we did????
How about putting a bit back into your present club that had a bit of faith in you when no one else did Ed?

The Firestarter

He only has another 6 months on his contract which he renewed 6 months ago and has hardly played since then!
Before we signed him I thought his agent was pimping him around to another clubs but no club fancied paying his high wages and his increasing tendency to pick up injuries but we did????
How about putting a bit back into your present club that had a bit of faith in you when no one else did Ed?
Ridiculous take. He is putting his 100% every time he plays, which can't be said for the majority of the squad. Or are you implying injuries are somehow his fault.

davidmichael

Barca can’t even register Torres at the moment because of their financial problems so adding another £200-£250K a week for Cavani isn’t in anywhere at all near possible, Rangnick has also said he’s not leaving in January so that’s that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It'd be different if Cavani had been fit all season and not got a look in because we were playing one up front, with that one being Ronaldo.

But he hasn't been, and now has a manager who favours two up front!
So why go? It didn't make any sense.

tomaldinho1

I thought Ralf said he wasn't going to stand in the way of any player that wants to leave?
I can imagine him saying that and then Murtough and Fletcher walk into the room with baseball bats and Ragnicks adds ‘but I didn’t say anything about them’ with that little grin he has.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well said. Has wanted to leave since last January. came back late from pre season and wanted to play for Uruguay which would’ve fecked us potentially at the start of the season....now Ralf has had to tell him we won’t sell him. What a guy.