Cavani

Bojan11

how do you rate this chap? How would he fair in the PL?

I’d love him to replace Lukaku
Better technique than Lukaku, but I don’t think he’s like RVP where he can score out of nothing. He relies on service and if the service is good he’d score plenty.

He’d be a decent short term signings if the wages and fees are right.

Has the best movement I've seen in striker creates so many chances for himself, his finishing does leave alot to be desired.

Last edited:

settembrini

He's obviously been a top class striker for ages but moving to a much tougher league at 32 to play for a team that struggles to create chances seems like an awful idea, especially as he would be another huge earner on our already ridiculous wage bill.

I mean if you are talking an Ibrahimovic type deal where he's free and on a short term contract that maybe but otherwise I would be against it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Always liked him back to his Palermo days.

I know he misses a few and has this Higuain reputation for going missing in big games but his movement is great and simply a very elegant striker to watch.

Always felt he'd play for Chelsea at some point, think he could have Zlatan type impact if he does still make it to the prem in next year or two.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The Napoli-version was probably Cavani at his peak? He was an outstanding striker IMO. Should have never gone to PSG.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The Napoli-version was probably Cavani at his peak? He was an outstanding striker IMO. Should have never gone to PSG.
Him, Lavezzi and Hamsik as a magic attacking triangle was just beautiful to watch, remember them ripping Man. City apart in CL in 2011 before blowing up v Chelsea in the last 16.

Probably my favourite Napoli side of last 10 years, slightly ahead of Sarri ball and miles ahead of this Ancelotti version.

MetoTTT

I've always liked him. Great attitude, movement, incredible workrate and passion. He has played on the wing during 2-3 seasons without sulking, gave his best to leave the CF position to Zlatan. A really under rated CF.

buckooo1978

one of the World's best number 9s

hes getting on but youd love him for a year or two

He's the profile of forward we should be looking at even if he is 32.Technically sound,consistent goalscorer,great workrate and generally a likeable guy.

Canagel

I will love to take him. pogba will be laying on the chances for fun with his movement. I don't seen any top younger strikers around.

BlueHaze

He is one I still to this day can't understand why we didn't sign. Not only is he clinical but his work rate is unquestionable. I've seen him on multiple occasions sprint across half the pitch just to help clear a ball away from their own box, just like we used to see Rooney do. Cavani was a perfect match but now definitely not. Signing a 33 year old is the last thing we need.

Phil Osophy

If those at the club believe in Rashford to become a fix starter after a pair of years, Cavani would be perfect to do the transition and release some pressure from Marcus in the short term, while he polishes a bit his decision making.

To all the qualities you have mentioned we need to add the character and winning mentality. In this squad of weirdos and losers he would be an inspiring presence for everone, a proper leader. My only doubt is about the age, if at 32 he'd be able to put on intense pressure for 90 minutes, offer permanent runs in attack and all that.

I've been hearing for some time now that Simeone wants to sign him for Atletico, and he always demands a lot on this regard so I suspect there's still energy in the tank. If the price is right it could be an option to consider.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's the profile of forward we should be looking at even if he is 32.Technically sound,consistent goalscorer,great workrate and generally a likeable guy.
Giving him a 4 year contract for £300k per week is exactly what should not happen.

Phil Osophy

With that said, I suspect that after Alexis those at the club have become a bit sensitive about signing veterans on big wages, and Solskjaer said something about longevity when signing players too, so it doesn't seem very likely on the paper. But I like the idea.

Art Vandelay

Great striker and I'd take a punt on him if we created more chances as he'd bag a few, but 32 in a tougher league for a team that doesn't create much. I think we'd be asking a bit much of him.

UncleBob

32 years old south american that would have to adjust to a new league, has won plenty of trophies with little to prove, expensive + huge wages

What could possibly go wrong.

Djemba-Djemba

32 years old south american that would have to adjust to a new league, has won plenty of trophies with little to prove, expensive + huge wages

What could possibly go wrong.
:lol: Totally agree.

People wanting to us to make the same mistakes over and over.

Grib

Great striker and I'd take a punt on him if we created more chances as he'd bag a few, but 32 in a tougher league for a team that doesn't create much. I think we'd be asking a bit much of him.
Think he's made for the PL, but the age thing is too short term

SambaBoy

He would be a typical post Fergie signing. Signings these players with great reputations who are coming towards the end of their career or who are taking a step down i.e. Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Di Maria.

Okey

Cavani may be getting on in years but is still at the top of his game. If he came cheap on a 2 year contract I wouldn't mind too much, unless there's some quality youngster out there better to replace Lukaku. Higuain at Chelsea does give cause for pause, but if we aim to upgrade Lukaku, we could hardly do worse...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
World class. Always rated him even during the whole “never seen him play well” brigade came about.

His movement is excellent. Probably the best in recent years.

Vadim

Good player but Ole's apparently after young, hungry talent now. Would never happen.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a great player and an even better human being. He definitely would need a more stable team to truly shine at United, but he would be an automatic upgrade even at his age on anything United have up front. He has been injured quite a bit in the last year or so and he's just coming back from injury but I expect him to bang them in for PSG next season.

Mike Smalling

Exactly what we don't need. Too many of our recent signings have become liabilities way too soon because we have signed them in their late 20's / early 30's. Matic, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, Falcao and even to some extent Ibra, who was unlucky with the injury, but simply too old to fully recover.

We should bring in quality players who can be part of the squad for at least 4-5 years. Otherwise we will never catch up with City and Liverpool.

Bwuk

If he was 5 years younger maybe.

Wrong age. Why keep repeating the same mistakes we've been making.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he’s a world class striker. Very underrated in my view that not many people think otherwise. But it’s too late to sign him now.