Cavani

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
There are reports Flamengo are shopping for him. I wonder if we could get him if he's so available apparently.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Those who want him will quickly change their minds, as he does require an awful lot of chances to score 1 goal.
Whoscored has his career conversion rate in league + european cups since 2009 as 21%. Seems decent enough to me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would take him. His movement would be alien to our squad though.

Bwuk

Would take him too unless we get someone like Halaand.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He'd be a smart Zlatan type signing.

Isn't it said he's going to MLS though?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I would take him. His movement would be alien to our squad though.
Rashford's movement was never an issue. The service was always bollocks.

The service he would receive would be alien to him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rashford's movement was never an issue. The service was always bollocks.

The service he would receive would be alien to him.
You can talk about the why, but you can't deny his movement was frequently lacking or poor. Confidence and belief in your teammates' ability to find you obviously make a big difference to how and how often you move but I don't think Rashford is exactly a natural poacher in his movement.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'd be a little bit wary of him as he is one of those strikers who heavily rely on his physique — I'm not talking about pace exactly (like Auba), although pace is also the issue, but mostly about his stamina that made his movement so effective in both phases. Look at how lazy Suarez had become, for example (but Suarez was always more skilled than Cavani).

Plus I haven't seen him in a while, I think he had an injury? A loan would be great.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We're linked with him on the BBC, even though he's been a great striker I don't think he's the right profile for the club now.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Power. Technique. Leadership. Composure.

I think he can deliver a good end product until 35 y.o. unless some tough injury hits him.

spiriticon

I think he'd be brilliant for us for a couple of years but I'm not sure we are his preferred destination....

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just another striker United should be after good years ago. We're really slow in the market and that's really depressing view.

Of course I would want player like him in the squad, he's a ruthless finisher plus a leader and we're so low on world class players these days.

Lynty

I think he's done personally. Steer clear unless it's a 1 year contract with option to extend.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not a bad move for a couple of years whilst Greenwood develops

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Absolutely dead against this. We don't need him as we've got some very good forwards right now. We need to put huge money into the midfield, a winger and maybe another defender. Mason is a deadly finisher. Let's give him his chance. If Ole feels we need another attacker we should look for a squad player, not somebody who is going to expect to play every game. Cavani won't be joining us.

SparkedIntoLife

I haven't seen much of him lately so it depends on how quickly it seems like he's declining. My sense is he'd be a very good signing though. I think we somewhat lack a real physical presence in the box. Rashford's a big lad but he's better facing goal than holding the ball up. He can play on the wings too and would add a great option while Greenwood develops and Rashford and Martial are still prone to some inconsistency. Everything I've heard indicates he's a top character and will work hard with humility and selflessness. Yes, his wages will be a lot but I can see him having a Ibrahimovic-esque affect on the squad.

I was previously all for Sancho coming in but I wonder if he's really necessary with the front 3 we have emerging and the astronomical fee he will go for. Getting Cavani on a free might help us to prioritise midfield or other weaknesses elsewhere in the squad.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's the type of striker I want to rotate with Martial. Gives us something different but not too different, doesn't alter the line up too much, provides competition & if he flops he ends up going to America or China.

Will allow us to focus more on a left footed RW which is what I prefer.

devips

Why not wait for Sanchez to re-join us next season? He could be like new signing, and play both LW and striker.

romufc

You cannot have a squad of 25 year olds. We need a couple of seasoned pros to help mentor the younger players even if only from now to the end of the season. Fergie did this with Teddy, VDS, Goram, Larsson and Blanc. Cavani is a great option to have and he's in good nick physically. Absolutely - if the price is reasonable or he's on loan.
Matic, Young, Mata DDG are all experienced.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Perfect signing. Still a decent age, get him in for 18 months and give Greenwood a chance to easy in. He works hard and scores goals wherever he goes.

He is one of my favorite players last decade and would love to see him at United

James Ward

I'd take him on a 18 month contract, only if the wages are not mental which they will be.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is why I thought Woodward may be in Paris but apparently Cavani is only available in the summer.

Josh 76

Perfect signing. Still a decent age, get him in for 18 months and give Greenwood a chance to easy in. He works hard and scores goals wherever he goes.

He is one of my favorite players last decade and would love to see him at United
This

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I love the guy, so I hope he's put his injury woes behind him. The problem is, last couple of injuries this season have been self-inflicted, one kicking the ball out in frustration, the other taking a penalty. Needless to say, it's not a good look so far this season for Edi.

poleglass red

Those who want him will quickly change their minds, as he does require an awful lot of chances to score 1 goal.
doesn't that apply to all top strikers/attacking players though. Even great ones like Henry and Ruud needed a few chances. We saw with it with Ibra here. Even Salah at Liverpool, some of the chances he misses. The difference is the really good ones keep at it and eventually get their goal. The best strikers with their movement create more chances for themselves, you aren't going to score every chance so it appears they miss more. His goal record is fantastic.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Someone please explain why nobody is talking about his high wages for someone who is 32. Isn't that a problem if we get him? Wouldn't his wages be too high for a bench option and especially when we're trying to dispose of players with undeserving wages

Eric's Seagull

You cannot have a squad of 25 year olds. We need a couple of seasoned pros to bring some experience, even if only from now to the end of the season. Fergie did this with Teddy, VDS, Goram, Larsson and Blanc. Cavani is a great option to have and he's in good nick physically. Absolutely - if the price is reasonable or he's on loan.
According to https://www.transfermarkt.com/edinson-cavani/verletzungen/spieler/48280. He has had numerous injuries plus fitness issues last 2 seasons and been out for 209 days. Do you know how badly those injuries have affected him please?

Kappa123

This is so worth just for his personality; he's tough and never gives up. Our players could learn a lot from him. Get him in.

Red_toad

doesn't that apply to all top strikers/attacking players though. Even great ones like Henry and Ruud needed a few chances. We saw with it with Ibra here. Even Salah at Liverpool, some of the chances he misses. The difference is the really good ones keep at it and eventually get their goal. The best strikers with their movement create more chances for themselves, you aren't going to score every chance so it appears they miss more. His goal record is fantastic.
He’s 32 he’s been surpassed in his own team. His record may have been good, but not so great lately. He’s like Andrew Cole enrages fans with his misses, but still scores a lot.
I personally will be very happy if we pass on him. Even on a free his contract demands would be too much for a striker who’s well past his best.

Eric's Seagull

Someone please explain why nobody is talking about his high wages for someone who is 32. Isn't that a problem if we get him? Wouldn't his wages be too high for a bench option and especially when we're trying to dispose of players with undeserving wages
His wages are more than €350,000 per week. Not sure if he would accept less than he is on now.