Cavani's diving header

bsCallout

You know Greenwood has been learning from Cavani about getting in those positions but just as importantly he knows where Cavani is going to be, he didn't have to think for a second.

Cavani's celebration for Fred's goal was great too.

galwayfa

We scored 4 brilliant goals today, remember his header to stop it going 2all, equally as important

PieCrust

It's the kind of goal a real #9 can score. No one else in the squad could have scored it and unerlines the urgency to sign a real striker, of which non of Marial Rashford or Greenwood are.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's the kind of goal a real #9 can score. No one else in the squad could have scored it and unerlines the urgency to sign a real striker, of which non of Marial Rashford or Greenwood are.
Maybe Greenwood would have, I mean he's already showed he can throw himself at chances like these

Davie Moyes

Beautiful goal.

Anyone else think Cavani is more lethal with his head than feet when it comes to finishing chances?

He just does not seem to miss headed chances. It's just a shame we don't seem to create many chances like that for him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Sexual goal. If we lose Cavani our main priority should be a new CF.

We see today how badly we need one and the difference it makes to our game.
100% this.

Much as I like the spark of occasional brilliance from Martial, alas it's very clear that Martial will never become a CF like Cavani and we desperately need one.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Two of the best diving headers I can recall. Sure, they weren't for us, but both strikers played for us.

In Rainbows

Beautiful goal.

Anyone else think Cavani is more lethal with his head than feet when it comes to finishing chances?

He just does not seem to miss headed chances. It's just a shame we don't seem to create many chances like that for him.
Chicha was also lethal with his head. Hopefully Greenwood can learn from Cavani in that respect.

D4X73r

Two of the best diving headers I can recall. Sure, they weren't for us, but both strikers played for us.
I have to admit, that the diving header from RvP was the best diving header I've seen on TV

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I have to admit, that the diving header from RvP was the best diving header I've seen on TV
Same. As well as being a great finish, it's just so aesthetically pleasing.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
It might be recency bias, but I think Cavani's diving header is the most beautiful thing in the world. Lets see more of them! (and find me a better picture of this one)

I so wanted him to score yesterday after being screwed by VAR and Cheating Son.

GueRed

none of our other attackers would've went for the diving header and finished it with such aplomb.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Making it 2-1 also just made it even better. The emotion of taking the lead after he'd already been robbed of a goal unfairly.

If it was the 5th in a 5-0 win it wouldn't have felt quite so sweet. Shame he wants to leave, when he's in that sort of mood he's still top class.

D4X73r

Same. As well as being a great finish, it's just so aesthetically pleasing.
for me it really had everything I wanted to see during this match:
- a fantastic, beautiful finish
- the equalizer
- the start of a game, where Spain were put back on earth (after winning the "international treble" of 2x european & 1x world cup)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Took until page 2 for the RVP header to be posted? Redcafe, we got some work to do...

CM10

They are very satisfying to watch, especially when it's the deciding goal. Did the same when we came from behind against Southampton.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Who cares about wingsuits? This is the closest humans have come to flying.

MattJ166

I remember the absolute hype surrounding RVP's header with LVG as coach. My friends and I were convinced we were going places that season, alas what could have been.

MikeeMike

Amazing photo. Though (Joke !) this angle looks like he punch the ball in.

Ibi Dreams

I remember the absolute hype surrounding RVP's header with LVG as coach. My friends and I were convinced we were going places that season, alas what could have been.
The ball was from Blind as well. Two United players and the manager!

Redlyn

I can't remember many headers from our forwards. I remember martial had one a couple of months back that made me double take, but really Cavani is light-years ahead of all of them when it comes to heading ability.

Gator Nate

Hope he stays, he needs to score one of those in front of the fans.
This.

It was a beautiful goal. Excellent run-up, too. And he's had some good headers previously. There's just something graceful about Cavani's movements, with just enough power to make the point. I really hope we can keep him here for another year.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No one will ever beat this diving header. Well except Phil Jones of course.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Cavani got on Greenwood about the earlier delivery. Literally next attack the advice pays off. That's why we need him to stay. I'm as guilty as anyone for being a FIFA manager in the windows but Cavani experience is pivotal

Ladron de redcafe

No one will ever beat this diving header. Well except Phil Jones of course.

I don't think I had seen something like that before, and when Van Persie did that, I remember the people with whom I was watching the match going a little stunned, before celebrating after a little delay.

There was a Giggs header in a 4-2 win against Coventry City that sealed the 2001 premier league for us that was similse, but honestly nowhere near as good.

This was one of the best headers that I can remember.