Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

RedDevilQuebecois

This came to people's attention in the French-speaking world in the last few days, including on this side of the Atlantic. French actress Judith Godrèche went public about being groomed by arthouse film-maker Benoît Jacquot when she was only 14 while he was 39 back in 1987.

The following paragraphs from the article are damning not only for Jacquot but also the entire French film industry.

Godrèche at first did not name Jacquot as the director referenced in her series. But after footage emerged from a 2011 TV documentary in which Jacquot boasted about their relationship being a “transgression” and cinema providing a “cover” for it, she decided to name him.

Last month Godrèche told the Guardian of the importance of speaking out about the grooming of teenagers by older men in positions of authority. She said: “These people usually come to you as protectors. They become a parental figure.”

In 2017, Godrèche was one of the first actors to speak to the New York Times about the film producer Harvey Weinstein, who she said had attempted to assault her in a hotel at the Cannes film festival when she was 26. But she told the Guardian that the French film industry was still protecting powerful men and that people in the industry were scared to speak out.

She said: “People who are still in this industry are still not coming forward. And I’m not here to carry out a witch-hunt, but you might expect a little compassion … It’s bizarre for everyone that I’m suddenly coming out and telling this story. The omertà in the industry is still so strong.”

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I agree with you, but i think that a rapist should spend at least a decade and that is what pisses me off. But i am aware that is my arbitrary opinion

A pariah? Maybe in open society. Will hurt him if he ever thought on being a coach or a pundit but he already finished his footballer career. If he had been smart with the money he will have no problems.

Inwards? Knowing how footballers might treat women, who knows how he will spin it among his friends. His mom is completely on his side and his wife seems that she forgave her lately so yeah, some negative effect. But again not as much as he deserve if it is proven (as it seems)
Agreed. Many sexual offences seem, on the face of it, to get very light punishments in comparison to, say, property crime.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'd send him to prison just for saying “It was me, without irony, who was under her spell for six years.”

RedDevilQuebecois

I'd send him to prison just for saying “It was me, without irony, who was under her spell for six years.”
Yep. Jacquot is an absolute scumbag for even saying those words. I have seen scumbags among producers and directors abusing their position on fully grown-up actresses before, but going that far on a 14-year-old teenager is the lowest of the low.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So Alves had been condemned 4 years and 6 months as guilty of rape. I posted the same in the football forum but as it had been commented here. there we go:

So basically this cnut raped a girl. changed his version 5 times to the judge:

- There was no encounter and he didn't know her
- Oh but there are cameras: So yes, I remember now. We met at the bathrooms but thats all
- Then that he knew who is the girl through some friends
- Something might had happened but no penetration just some good'ol blowy. All consensual
- Oh but there is DNA in her vaginal area: Oh well, yes, we feck but was all consensual. The girl was probably mad because I asked to get out of the bathroom separately

Meanwhile, the girls version was clearly consistent along time, testimony, videos and medical explorations

Range for Alves criminal offence is 4 to 12 years

But guess what. There is a provision of mitigation to pay reparations in advanced

Alves paid 150.000 what puts him on this mitigation to the lower end of 4 to 8 years. Meaning. You are rich? You shave already 4 years of prison right of the bat

In the end he had been condemned 4 years and 1/2 . IMO to not say that they condemned him to the bare minimum

Under spanish law, if you are well behaved you might get out of prison on probation after you served 1/3 of the time. Meaning that in 1.5 years of time he would be able to get out of prison. He already served 1 year and 1 month. Meaning that in 5 months he might get out of prison

Lovely

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe it was some kind of role play.

But in al seriousness, it's fecked up how little you get punished for abusing/raping women.