Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

Achilles McCool

Ditto, given evidence to date, what would that be?
Looking at the evidence, I would say that you use the term “Occum’s Razor” too often in your posts, which will cause someone like me to sarcastically point it out while also trying to act like I give a damn!
For the record, I can’t stand Biden or Trump, and I believe that each rape accuser deserves to be heard without dismissing them prematurely based on personal assumptions/beliefs.
I find it hard to believe that you can flippantly decide what you would/wouldn’t do if you were Tara’s mother in 1993!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Looking at the evidence, I would say that you use the term “Occum’s Razor” too often in your posts, which will cause someone like me to sarcastically point it out while also trying to act like I give a damn!
Sigh, had thought you were engaging genuinely, keep forgetting this is the internet.

To your point, I'm clearly not using it enough - it's Occam's.

Am done, I look forward to happily admitting I was wrong once the investigation is complete.

Sweet Square

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...egations-Match-Scene-from-Dead-Father-s-Novel
Not exactly a match but I'm guessing this will do the rounds and downplay her allegations. What a mess this all is. Sounds like WaPo has called on Biden to address this? He's got to at some point.
Btw you keep trying to do this whole both sides thing but you just keep posting rubbish from random websites.

From the link you posted

Reade pilfered her dead father’s work for her allegations against a presidential candidate. That’s about as low as one can get IMO. There’s nothing for Biden or anyone to address, except Reade. Her 15 minutes are done. Those of us who feel compelled to hand wring over this trainwreck should ignore the toxic, dare I say infectious, fumes on social media. Learn the lessons of 2016. The overwhelming majority of America is focused on who can best lead us to a life free of fearing our next day may be our last, not a Ryan Murphy-esque political intrigue best left for a Netflix binge with box wine
This isn't a journalist but some random wine mom. And it's borderline Qanon stuff.

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Btw you keep trying to do this whole both sides thing but you just keep posting rubbish from random websites.

From the link you posted

This isn't a journalist but some random wine mom. And it's borderline Qanon stuff.
Nope. I am after both sides of the story. And I agree on your concern about the quote. No need for it.

Sweet Square

Nope. I am after both sides of the story. And I agree on your concern about the quote. No need for it.
I have no doubt you are but so far you've posted this nonsense qanaon type story and an article from the krassenstein brothers. How is this any different to republicans posting info wars links when responding to allegations made against Trump ? In their minds they are also looking for both sides of the story.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I have no doubt you are but so far you've posted this nonsense qanaon type story and an article from the krassenstein brothers. How is this any different to republicans posting info wars links when responding to allegations made against Trump ? In their minds they are also looking for both sides of the story.
Thanks for dialing back what you said earlier about "keep posting". In the two articles, as far as I can tell the content is accurate, even though I don't like the sources just as much as you do. I'd add the Russia tweet above about her talking with a Russian accent is hilarious. That one is Q worthy.

Edit: content of the second article. My first thought was perhaps she told her dad and he used it in his book. Unfortunately some authors get far too personal in their writing!

Sweet Square

Edit: content of the second article. My first thought was perhaps she told her dad and he used it in his book. Unfortunately some authors get far too personal in their writing!
Imo Ready story is a very common one, so a similar story being used in a book isn't that surprising.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...egations-Match-Scene-from-Dead-Father-s-Novel
Not exactly a match but I'm guessing this will do the rounds and downplay her allegations. What a mess this all is. Sounds like WaPo has called on Biden to address this? He's got to at some point.
dad's book said:
After several weeks of flirting with him she spent the night in his room on Bleeker Street next door tgo the Russian strip joint. As soon as he closed and locked the door he put his hand up her skiret and grabbed her buttocks slid his hand under her panties spread her cheeks and rammed his fingers into her. In spite of her fear she eventually responded and they couypled on the rickety bed jolting it untill its metal legs nearly gave way
sexual assault accusation against Biden said:
There was no exchange, really, he just had me up against the wall," she said to podcast host Katie Halper in March 2020.

"I remember it happened all at once... his hands were on me and underneath my clothes." He then penetrated her with his fingers, she said.

"I remember him saying, first, as he was doing it 'Do you want to go somewhere else?' and then him saying to me, when I pulled away... he said 'Come on man, I heard you liked me,
I've highlighted the similar bits in green for the slows out there. The extent of the similarities extend only as far as both being a very basic description of the necessary steps in the common sexual act of fingering. The stuff in red is everything else that is entirely different, and furthermore provides completely different contexts, not least the issue of consent and the very different ways that the women respond to each sexual advance/assault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingering_(sexual_act) ("Digital penetration against a person's will is considered sexual assault")

"Biden Accuser Reade's Allegations Match Scene from Dead Father's Novel."

"contains a scene, which bears uncanny similarity to her allegation against Joe Biden"
"It's real Y'all"

It's a load of nasty malicious bullshit.

The Russian bot stuff is fecking insane too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The hypocricy of the people now siding with Biden by default is hilarious.

Who would have thought that rich old white men with a (D) behind their name can also be sex offenders.

The bummer for Biden is that some of his potential voters might actually not vote for a rapist whereas Trump's voters think rape is a good way to assert our rightful male dominance.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
This discussion is difficult to follow in both threads. I thought it was quite well stated this morning on Morning Joe. Take the allegation seriously, then investigate. It's sounds like Gilllibrand thinks the investigation is over, which is bizarre.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Alyssa Milano, the woman who started this whole MeToo movement, is suddenly a fan of due process when the allegations against Biden came out.

Meanwhile Asia Argento, another leader of the MeToo movement, slept with someone underaged and then paid for his silence.

Perhaps this movement needs better leaders if it wants to be taken seriously.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The bummer for Biden is that some of his potential voters might actually not vote for a rapist whereas Trump's voters think rape is a good way to assert our rightful male dominance.
This is just delusional. Do you seriously think that republicans believe rape is a good thing? Is this seriously something that you believe?

But yes, beyond your hyperbole, there is some truth in your claim. Republicans are less likely than democrats to automatically believe rape accusations. Therefore rape allegations hurt Trump less than they hurt Biden.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is just delusional. Do you seriously think that republicans believe rape is a good thing? Is this seriously something that you believe?

But yes, beyond your hyperbole, there is some truth in your claim. Republicans are less likely than democrats to automatically believe rape accusations. Therefore rape allegations hurt Trump less than they hurt Biden.
Have you seen some of his supporters? Wouldnt really put it past them. Unless the victim is white of course.

Mostly, it was hyperbole, but fact remains, this will hurt him even though Trump has raped most women he met.

Sorry, I cant help myself.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If we're talking about Republican politicians, their wives often seem the type of people who'd hold the victim down for their husbands.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why does it matter?
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't but politicizing terrible events like this is just poor form. I'm not saying that her motivations are driven by anything other than seeking justice but that is why I ask the question.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't but politicizing terrible events like this is just poor form. I'm not saying that her motivations are driven by anything other than seeking justice but that is why I ask the question.
Perhaps the wave of support for him and seeing him become the nominee was just too much for her. Who knows.

But “why now” is a question often asked in an attempt to dismiss allegations.

I’ve no idea how credible the allegation is, but it being a long time ago doesn’t matter at all.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Perhaps the wave of support for him and seeing him become the nominee was just too much for her. Who knows.

I’ve no idea how credible the allegation is, but it being a long time ago doesn’t matter at all.
Nobody is dismissing allegations but they have a right to be objective. Joe Biden has always been a popular figure and was VP for 8 years. He's been in the public eye substantially during the presidential candidacy run. There were also attempts to paint him as a bit of a letch during that time.

Having been the victim of a false allegation myself because I snubbed a co-worker, perhaps I have a different perspective on things.

People are always too quick to jump on the bandwagon and imply that someone is sexist, misogynistic etc., etc., call it what you like just because they ask questions in situations like this. I'm not saying she is lying or dismissing her allegations at all. I think my question is a legitimate one.

DoomSlayer

Poor defenseless Joe Biden. He's one of the good guys in this storyline, how dare someone try and tarnish his image or legacy? :mad:

Revan

Assumptionman

He has been a popular VP though. Hardly an anonymous person.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
You're taking that tweet out of context, which has been explained here.

I don't see how that changes the context other than it excludes the idea that she and Grim worked together. She believed she'd be represented by Times Up and would be coming forward soon. Ultimately, how she came forward changed, but she still brought her story to the public once it was a two horse race. The tweet, in context, was late on Super Tuesday when it was clear that it would be a Biden-Bernie race.

Grim is defending himself from an idiot who thinks he and Reade colluded to cook up the story, which is nuts. It doesn't change the context of when she came forward publicly.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Why has this woman come forward now?
Why not.
Her perpetrator's growing prominence has dredged up a painful experience that was never afforded closure.
She hasn't. She had already spoken out prior about less severe unpleasant behaviour by Biden.
Some other reason.

All acceptable answers.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why not.
Her perpetrator's growing prominence has dredged up a painful experience that was never afforded closure.
She hasn't. She had already spoken out prior about less severe unpleasant behaviour by Biden.
Some other reason.

All acceptable answers.
Come on now really?