Celtic and Rangers

DVG7

My cousins were raging at that game, saying the Dons were not even interested in trying to make a game of it and making the most of time wasting from about the 20th minute. Aberdeen play Rangers like it's their cup final.
most teams play the old firm like it’s a cup final to be honest, but the rangers Aberdeen rivalry is largely rooted in hooliganism I believe.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
most teams play the old firm like it’s a cup final to be honest, but the rangers Aberdeen rivalry is largely rooted in hooliganism I believe.
Also one of the most disgraceful tackles ever has contributed to that. Durrant missed 2-3 years of his career thanks to Neil Simpson.

DVG7

@Gio combined old firm XI from your lifetime, what would it look like?

I’d go;

GK. Klos

RB. Agathe
CB. Amoruso
CB. Van Dijk
LB. GVB

RM. Moravcik
CM. Petrov
CM. Ferguson
LM. Albertz

ST. Larsson
ST. Hooper

Fingeredmouse

I’d go;

GK. Klos

RB. Agathe
CB. Amoruso
CB. Van Dijk
LB. GVB

RM. Moravcik
CM. Petrov
CM. Ferguson
LM. Albertz

ST. Larsson
ST. Hooper
Goram
Stevens
Gough
VVD
McNamara
Laudrup
McStay
Gascoigne
Collins
Larsson
McCoist

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
My cousins were raging at that game, saying the Dons were not even interested in trying to make a game of it and making the most of time wasting from about the 20th minute. Aberdeen play Rangers like it's their cup final.
Yeah, it was a masterclass in game management from McInnes, ref was hopelessly weak in dealing with the time-wasting.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@DVG7 I've got the benefit of picking the fruits from Rangers 9-in-a-row side.

Goram
Hutton - Gough - Van Dijk - Numan
Laudrup - Gascoigne - Ferguson - Van Bronckhorst
Larsson - McCoist​

Subs: Woods, Butcher, McNamara, McStay, Moravcik, De Boer, Hateley.

Hutton because he hit a really high peak, but for longevity you'd go for either Gary Stevens or Jackie McNamara. Centre-halves are fairly straightforward and would be superbly complementary. Numan was class when he signed for Rangers straight after the 1998 World Cup, but Tierney isn't too far off, while Davie Robertson and Tosh McKinlay were good wing-backs too. Lots of competition in midfield, as we're not mentioning the likes of Collins, Tugay, Gattuso, McCall, Davis, Brown, Reyna - but compelling cases for each of the four above. Strikers pick themselves, and you could call upon a range of more physical target men to offer something different in Hateley, Sutton, Hartson or the more current trio of Dembele, Edouard and Morelos.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive

I’d go;

GK. Klos

RB. Agathe
CB. Amoruso
CB. Van Dijk
LB. GVB

RM. Moravcik
CM. Petrov
CM. Ferguson
LM. Albertz

ST. Larsson
ST. Hooper
Surely you need to have Nakamura, McNamara, De Boer, Skacel

DVG7

@DVG7 I've got the benefit of picking the fruits from Rangers 9-in-a-row side.

Goram
Hutton - Gough - Van Dijk - Numan
Laudrup - Gascoigne - Ferguson - Van Bronckhorst
Larsson - McCoist​

Subs: Woods, Butcher, McNamara, McStay, Moravcik, De Boer, Hateley.

Hutton because he hit a really high peak, but for longevity you'd go for either Gary Stevens or Jackie McNamara. Centre-halves are fairly straightforward and would be superbly complementary. Numan was class when he signed for Rangers straight after the 1998 World Cup, but Tierney isn't too far off, while Davie Robertson and Tosh McKinlay were good wing-backs too. Lots of competition in midfield, but compelling cases for each of the four above. Strikers pick themselves, and you could call upon a range of more physical target men to offer something different in Hateley, Sutton, Hartson or the more current trio of Dembele, Edouard and Morelos.
I considered a lot of those players but I don’t remember them enough, but the late 90s/early 00s teams were brilliant. Hutton did have a spell where he looked like he could become a world class right back, especially for Scotland.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, it was a masterclass in game management from McInnes, ref was hopelessly weak in dealing with the time-wasting.
That would have done my head in watching that. I was at the one a few years ago when they won 1-0 and defended for their lives all game and the time wasting was ridiculous, very frustrating.

Do you listen to the Open Goal podcast? I think it's great for the interviews of players and ex players and their round up weekly episode is great crack as well.

ROFLUTION

Legendary SoMe shitstorm going on in Denmark right now - The Copenhagen Police tweeted this after fans had acted decent in Copenhagen yesterday

DVG7

Morelos losing value every game at the moment, whereas Edouards is increasing.