Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 6 - 1/2 November

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Chillwell got injured - looked like a hammy. After the match Rio comes up with the fixture congestion as the issue for his injury eventhough Chillwell has barely played for Chelsea this season - he has less than 800min under his belt.

always_hoping

So, Liverpool avoid PSG in the next round because Benfica won 6-1. The 6th goal coming deep into injury and 5-1 result would have PSG 1st in the group hmm.

Canagel

Their attack is still good enough to score vs anyone but they just cannot keep a clean sheet and look shaky vs pretty much anyone. I think they had zero clean sheets in their CL group. That's just not good enough.
As crazy as it sounds I actually think they would have struggled to make it out of this group if Juventus had been at full strength. They should have gone for the kill tonight but looked passive even when attacking. Its just 1 or 2 players attacking at most

wr8_utd

:'(
As crazy as it sounds I actually think they would have struggled to make it out of this group if Juventus had been at full strength. They should have gone for the kill tonight but looked passive even when attacking. Its just 1 or 2 players attacking at most
They may have raised their game a bit if Juve put up more fight but yep, I don't rate this PSG side highly. Their attack is more functional than last year but they really need a better third CB if they want any chance. They had 35 mins to get a third goal today and they didn't even try. It was quite bizarre.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So, Liverpool avoid PSG in the next round because Benfica won 6-1. The 6th goal coming deep into injury and 5-1 result would have PSG 1st in the group hmm.
The only infuriating part about that is the ref who stopped PSG's last game against Haifa without any extra time because he thought that was enough goals for the night. This was a terrible decision in a group that tight.

That being said, we didn't beat Benfica so that's where we lost the top spot for real.

Josh 76

So they can only play 4 teams in next round
Real Madrid
Bayen
Benfica
Porto

They will get the latter and then get a easy draw in QF (there is always one unfancied team that gets through).

The luck they have in this competition is unreal.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is it only me or does Dortmund really look like the weakest of the four German teams that are still in the CL?

always_hoping

So they can only play 4 teams in next round
Real Madrid
Bayen
Benfica
Porto

They will get the latter and then get a easy draw in QF (there is always one unfancied team that gets through).

The luck they have in this competition is unreal.
Klopp is lucky general they'll miss him when he's gone.

wangyu

I'm not going through dozens of pages to find my answer. How come Benfica tops the group after two 1-1 draws with PSG an equal goal record and an equal amount of goals scored?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm not going to dozens of pages to find my answer. How come Benfica tops the group after two 1-1 draws with PSG an equal goal record and an equal amount of goals scored?
More away goals scored

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
The draw probabilities:
Preferred draw
Bayern vs Brugge
City vs Milan
Spurs vs PSG
Madrid vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs Inter
Benfica vs Frankfurt
Napoli vs Dortmund
Porto vs Leipzig

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There's a lot of paranoia on here about us and the Champions League. I don't think we've got a run in us personally.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Congrats to Benfica, they believed and really smashed the group. Happy to see Chiesa back, hopefully many other will follow to have a better 2023 and invert this downward trend. Nov 14 is the day the stakeholders have their annual meeting… fair prediction is a carnage at all levels.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Joe Cole couldn't name 3 of the best young players at the moment. Let that sink in at how fecking clueless these ex-footballers wannabe pundits are :lol:

Witchking

There's a lot of paranoia on here about us and the Champions League. I don't think we've got a run in us personally.
You underestimate your team. They tend to rise up for difficult occasions the past 3-4 seasons. If you get a team like Benfica or Porto, you are through and if you get Madrid, the away game will be important, win or draw that and you most probably will be though.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think we will do much so we may as well play Real Madrid right away for entertainment and maybe get revenge. We’ve got so many cups so may as well go down in flames

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I don't think we've got a run in us personally.
I think you will be a much better team by the time the knockouts come around (Feb 14th 2023).

You probably have the least amount of players involved in the World Cup from all the top 4 challengers and the most of the ones who are likely to be involved aren't likely to be starting.

The only players I can think of that are definitely going to start for their country are Alisson and VVD.

Firmino, Nunez, TAA, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Konate probably won't start if selected.

Salah, Robertson, Diaz, Jota, Matip, Gomez, Tsimikas, Elliot, Carvalho, Milner, Matip, Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain, Jones and your back up keepers aren't going.

I can see you being a completely different beast post world cup.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Our (Bayern's) round of 16 looks likely to be a premature semifinal, with potential opponents Liverpool, PSG, Milan. I'll gladly take Brugge :lol:

Real Name

What's up with Chelsea fans, are they always this quiet, Dinamo fans took the Bridge by storm. At least we won in the stands. :D

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's up with Chelsea fans, are they always this quiet, Dinamo fans took the Bridge with storm. At least we won in the stands. :D
Isn't that just the default for English fans? Little organization and all? "You only sing when you're winning" as they say.

devil99

Well what determines 'natural' - smash a ball at 100 peoples face and see what they do.... does that determine what's natural?
Haha. You made it easy for people to understand why it is not. It was a good decision

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You can get a chance to at least pretend like you're putting in some work for your titles!
Our last 6 CL runs:
PSG-Chelsea-City-Liverpool
Atalanta-Liverpool-Chelsea
City
Ajax
PSG-Juventus-Bayern-Liverpool
Napoli-Bayern-Atletico-Juventus

We're due for a 2016 run thank you very much

Josh 76

Every Liverpool fans saying they have the best record in this competition in recent years (English Club). Chelsea have won it more than you guys in last 10 years!