Champions League and Europa League draws (11am UK time) - LASK or Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehiror or FC Copenhagen

Fully Fledged

can sanchz play against us (and smalling for that matter)
not sure i fancy coming up against Young, Lukaku and Sanchez in the final as they all might have a point to prove
I assume Hakimi cant play for inter either can he... wouldnt be cup tied but registered too late?
Not unless they sign permanently for Inter. Their loan deals end at the end of this month.

CM

Inter have a pretty easy route to the final. Sevilla revenge and then Conte revenge for the 2018 cup final? :smirk:

jackal&hyde

We are in the semifinals basically. This is good because it means we have 2 games (LASK too) to give some of the kids play time.

Fully Fledged

or unless we extend the loan... if we did that ca we insert a clause saying they cant play against us (im not sure UEFA competition allows that or not)
I think that we are using the Europa as a carrot to try and get them to sign them permanently so I can't see us going for an extended loan deal.

Dudu

Anyone have a picture of the overall bracket? Excluding that awful one from BR.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Don't understand the defeatist attitude on here. We'd be licking our lips if we were drawn against any of these teams in the CL.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good draw. Hope we take it seriously as we're by far the best side in the tournament.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So for United, a tough semi potentially, but super kind quarter final.

United are comfortably the best side in the tournament so will be favourite each step of the way, but it is cup football.

Honestly can’t wait for August. Could be one of the best feasts of football we have ever had with the CL and EL finals weeks. So many potentially great games and a real World Cup/Euros feel. I would not at all be surprised to see this become a permanent thing with the quarters, semis and final of each comp becoming a concluding week/10 days to the European club calendar. Most of UEFA’s recent adaptations, i.e. the Nations League and the expanded Euros w/ the vast majority aiming to qualify, have been great changes for the majority of those involved.

Andy_Cole

We are in the semifinals basically. This is good because it means we have 2 games (LASK too) to give some of the kids play time.
We won’t be playing our kids in a one off knock out game after the premiership season has ended. We will call Lask of course.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Eh? What defeatist attitude are you on about? If anything, its the opposite.
Yeah because we've been drawn against two teams that most on here would struggle to name a single player from. But as soon as the SFs were drawn the reaction was "oh feck Sevilla/Wolves :(", as if you can make it all the way to the semis and still expect to come up against absolute cannon fodders.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My fear is only Inter on one game. If someone beat them earlier, great. But my bet is Inter-United final.

jackal&hyde

We won’t be playing our kids in a one off knock out game after the premiership season has ended. We will call Lask of course.
You think we will play the first 11? My thoughts are about injuries tbh. I can see this game being decent for someone like Laird, maybe even Garner. Not a full team of kids of course but one or two.

Andy_Cole

You think we will play the first 11? My thoughts are about injuries tbh. I can see this game being decent for someone like Laird, maybe even Garner. Not a full team of kids of course but one or two.
I think so. Only 3 games after Lask so will be full strength for all three.

Silas

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but with the deadline Dortmund have set for the Sancho transfer, is there a tiny chance we see him make an appearance in the latter stages of the cup, off the bench?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What dates are the 2nd leg and quarters taking place?
Why? You want to buy tickets?
Sorry.

Apperently we are playing Lask on August 5th. Don't know about Inter and Getafe, are they playing two games or just one?
And then:
Quarter-finals: August 10/11 (8pm BST)
Semi-finals: August 16/17 (8pm BST)
Final: August 21 (8pm BST)

Aaaand Solskjaer has won iiiiiit !!!!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't want to get ahead of myself, but with the deadline Dortmund have set for the Sancho transfer, is there a tiny chance we see him make an appearance in the latter stages of the cup, off the bench?
no. He wont be registered.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
It is still 19/20 season, don't think if players are signed from other clubs will be allowed to play until next, 20/21 season starts.

Onerealunited

Why? You want to buy tickets?
Sorry.

Apperently we are playing Lask on August 5th. Don't know about Inter and Getafe, are they playing two games or just one?
And then:
Quarter-finals: August 10/11 (8pm BST)
Semi-finals: August 16/17 (8pm BST)
Final: August 21 (8pm BST)

Aaaand Solskjaer has won iiiiiit !!!!
inter and Getafe and all other teams that didn’t play the first leg will play one game in Germany and then move to next round.

istanbul which we with great likelihood will play against is a good team and they would have a chance given we are only playing one leg. They are currently top in the Turkish league with 3 games remaining. They have some very experienced players in the team like Clichy, Demba Ba etc. and have a young though very hungry coach in Okan Buruk, former Inter and Galatasaray player

InfiniteBoredom

I really really want us to meet Sevilla and absolutely dumpster them. Nothing against that club, but that 2nd leg and the following presser at OT was a stain that needs to be washed out by a convincing victory.

Devil81

Looking at our draw it's favourable, to say the least, it would be rude to look beyond the two potential teams we could play in the quarters but the reality is we should beat both.

As for the Champions League draw it's a disaster if Madrid can't turn that game around I don't think either Juventus or Lyon can touch City.