Champions League and Europa League draws (11am UK time) - LASK or Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehiror or FC Copenhagen

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Why would most of the world want Atlético to win it? They are possibly the most boring and cynical team remaining in the competition.
The way they bantered the "European Champions" out of the tournament for starters, and given they aren't one of the traditional serial winners and not too small to be the unrealistic underdogs, I'm fairly certain there will be a big following.

From what I've read on here, there seems to be genuine optimism for Simeone and his team.

Gerald G

I would rotate the entire 11 in the return leg vs LASK.

Romero; Laird--Bailly--Mengi--Williams; McTominay--Fred; Chong--Mata--James; Ighalo

We should then advance and fancy our chances vs Istanbul or Copenhagen. I'd bring the big boys back for that but possibly keep Romero in goal for that. The good thing is we would know whether we've made the Champions League through the normal format (top four finish) by the time Europa League commencing which takes all the pressure away.

IF we do secure top 4 in the league I would possibly make rotate players for the remainder of the Europa League, as the Premier League will likely start in September so there wouldn't be much rest for our first teamers.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If there's one team that deserves a Champions League title it's Simeone's Atletico. People might not enjoy their style of play but the consistency in Europe for the past 7/8 years has been incredible and it's crazy that they've failed to win it after knocking out so many top teams.

I'd actually be surprised if they don't make the final after that draw. PSG will have had a lot of time off and 1 leg ties favours Atletico more than any other team imo. It feels like it's written in the starts with the final being in the same stadium as the 2014 final.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What is Getafe like? I see they are 6th in LL, 4 points away from fifth Villareal. That is all I know about them. Seems to me everyone thinks Inter will win easy.
Maybe not?
And I also think City might not win Real M. They get a lot of help from refs in both Spain and Europa, would not be surprised to see another "Chelsea-Barca" game.

Pavl3n

There are good chances to meet Sevilla in the semi. And they've been on a 14/15 game unbeaten run.
On a one off game, they could beat us. Hopefully we go through the rest of the PL without any injuries.

Mr Smith

If there's one team that deserves a Champions League title it's Simeone's Atletico. People might not enjoy their style of play but the consistency in Europe for the past 7/8 years has been incredible and it's crazy that they've failed to win it after knocking out so many top teams.

I'd actually be surprised if they don't make the final after that draw. PSG will have had a lot of time off and 1 leg ties favours Atletico more than any other team imo. It feels like it's written in the starts with the final being in the same stadium as the 2014 final.
The 2016 final is the one that I felt was particularly harsh. Don't think I've ever felt so gutted for another team. Atletico had to beat Barca and Bayern on the way to the final, while Real had Wolfsburg and the poorest Man City team since 2010. Plus Real's goal was offside, Atletico missed a penalty during normal time, and they lost on pens by the finest margin. Felt like such an injustice.