Champions League Draw | 17:00 CET | United, PSG, Leipzig, Istanbul

AshRK

I want Madrid and Inter.
On paper such draw will be fun but I would prefer to get easy draws and progress as much as possible than face crazy teams and get knocked out. Anyways it has to be said no match in CL would be an easy tie.

cyberman

On paper such draw will be fun but I would prefer to get easy draws and progress as much as possible than face crazy teams and get knocked out. Anyways it has to be said no match in CL would be an easy tie.
I just want the big games and those 2 sides arent as good as made out. It would be huge for our season to top that group.
Granted we need to pick up form and fitness as well. We need to be seen to be mixing with the big boys.

Schneiderman

Hope my fake draw is wrong:
Real
United
Inter
Lokomotiv

Also got a group of Porto, Shakhtar, Atalanta, Rennes. Stupid system.

AshRK

I just want the big games and those 2 sides arent as good as made out. It would be huge for our season to top that group.
Granted we need to pick up form and fitness as well. We need to be seen to be mixing with the big boys.
But that's a huge risk too because I feel we are not that ready as of now to get past such draws. Also, we have more to lose than gain. Even if we top the group we will still not be rewarded with anything but will still have knock outs to play and if we lose and come 3rd or 4th then that's it for us. Liverpool in 17-18 hardly played any tricky opponents bar city who they always used to get better off and they reached finals. When you are trying to build something then it is better we focus on going as far as possible than just play some tough fixtures and getting knocked out early.

cyberman

But that's a huge risk too because I feel we are not that ready as of now to get past such draws. Also, we have more to lose than gain. Even if we top the group we will still not be rewarded with anything but will still have knock outs to play and if we lose and come 3rd or 4th then that's it for us. Liverpool in 17-18 hardly played any tricky opponents bar city who they always used to get better off and they reached finals. When you are trying to build something then it is better we focus on going as far as possible than just play some tough fixtures and getting knocked out early.
But heres the thing, we are actually very good in the big games. We just need to cement it in peoples heads.
In terms of progressing then you are 100 percent correct, we need the easier draw. I just dont rate these two sides that highly and it would be more of a contest against us than fans imagine.
The worst thing to happen would be to surge through a group stage only to go out v a Bayern. Theres a bit of putting us in our place in that scenario which wouldn't do much for our profile. But get results v Madrid and Inter and it'll give us so much monentum through that period that we'll be bouncing from week to week.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd prefer as shit a group as possible to be honest. Preferably not too extensive travelling involved either.

I've always wanted to draw some big teams, but with the schedule and depth we've got, I'd rather have 2-3 matches where we can rotate a bit without being caned.

Darth Revan

When and where is the draw?
The draw takes place on Thursday 1 October at the RTS studios in Geneva, Switzerland. The draw ceremony will begin at 17:00 CET.

Teams
Pot 1

Bayern (GER), UEFA Champions League holders
Sevilla (ESP), UEFA Europa League holders
Real Madrid (ESP)
Liverpool* (ENG)
Juventus (ITA)
Paris (FRA)
Zenit (RUS)
Porto (POR)

Pot 2
Barcelona (ESP) coefficient 128.000
Atlético de Madrid (ESP) 127.000
Manchester City (ENG) 116.000
Manchester United (ENG) 100.000
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) 85.000
Dortmund (GER) 85.000
Chelsea (ENG) 83.000
Ajax (NED) 69.500

Pot 3
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)* 55.000
Salzburg (AUT)* 53.500
RB Leipzig (GER) 49.000
Internazionale Milano (ITA) 44.000
Olympiacos (GRE)* 43.000
Lazio (ITA) 41.000
Krasnodar (RUS)* 35.500
Atalanta (ITA) 33.500

Pot 4
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) 33.000
Marseille (FRA) 31.000
Club Brugge (BEL) 28.500
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) 26.000
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) 21.500
Midtjylland (DEN)* 14.500
Rennes (FRA) 14.000
Ferencváros (HUN)* 9.000

*Qualified via the play-offs

Draw procedure
  • The 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage will be joined by the six winners of the play-off ties played on 22–23 and 29–30 September.
  • The teams will be split into four seeding pots. Pot 1 consists of the holders, the UEFA Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations who did not qualify via one of the 2019/20 titles . Pots 2 to 4 are determined by the club coefficient rankings.
  • No team can play a club from their own association, with the exact draw procedure to be confirmed before the ceremony.
  • The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League.
Match dates
Matchday 1: 20/21 October
Matchday 2: 27/28 October
Matchday 3: 3/4 November
Matchday 4: 24/25 November
Matchday 5: 1/2 December
Matchday 6: 8/9 December
So scousers in pot 1 via the play-offs, interesting :D

RedorDead21

I'd prefer as shit a group as possible to be honest. Preferably not too extensive travelling involved either.

I've always wanted to draw some big teams, but with the schedule and depth we've got, I'd rather have 2-3 matches where we can rotate a bit without being caned.
Us rotate in the CL?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Us rotate in the CL?
Aye, if possible. I don't mean a full shite 11, more rest a key player or two if they are completely drained and heading for injury. There are a few of teams in the draw that could open up that option.

In any case, I'm just hoping for a relatively easy group (on paper).

marktan

My friend's uncle is ITK and says we've got this:

Real Madrid
Inter
Midgetland

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Give us whatever - playing big games is what the CL is all about.

Enjoy the ride either way.

Pav1878

Would normally be so excited by this but can't even go to any away games at the moment and we also don't look like a team that will trouble any of the better teams so also a little worried we may not get out of the group stage which will be disappointing and embarassing...

Then again, it's the CL!! Feck it I am excited!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’d like a group like last time where we had Juve, Valencia, Young boys. There’s a big team in there, a challenging team who you’d enjoy seeing us play against but who you’d back us to finish above and a guaranteed 6 points.

Pav1878

My Dummy Draw:

Real Madrid
Manchester United
Krasnodar
Club Brugge

Not bad!

Water Melon

Draw simulator brought me this:
Group E - Sevilla, Man Utd, Leipzig, Ferencvaros

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I would like it if we got out of the group and then played big teams.
Of course - I wouldn’t mind playing big teams in the group and still qualifying

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hope we get the group of death. We're not winning the CL and we all know it so we might as well have some brilliant games to look forward to.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope we get the group of death. We're not winning the CL and we all know it so we might as well have some brilliant games to look forward to.
Who do you want? Ronaldo back to Old Trafford again. Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern?
Don't bloody say Sevilla ;).
I think Juve again would be boring and same with PSG. Bayern too bloody good.
Real could maybe be fun.
Sevilla a nightmare the last team I want to play.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
This draw might only last the 2 hours this time, instead of the 7 it seems to go on for normally. Covid finally produces a good outcome.

King Andow

Final wish in order of preference. No boring sides please, we're enough.

Real Madrid/Juventus/Bayern/PSG/meh
Manchester United
Atalanta/Leipzig/Inter/Salzburg/Lazio/whatever
Monchengladbach/Rennes/don't care

Enfant terrible

I want Real, Inter and Ferencvaros

Edit: what channel is this on?

Last edited: