Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, May 8, 2019.

1. May 9, 2019

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    I think Spurs might pose a harder team to beat than Ajax but I cant see them beating liverpool.

So much for liverpool's chance of champions league glory being gone after the defeat to madrid last year, yet here they are in the fecking final again.It will be the same sh!t with the league next season they will be challenging and might even win it with less points than this season.
  2. May 9, 2019

OrangeRed New Member

Placing a bet on Liverpool to create a win-win situation for myself. Just have to think about a amount that's worth it.
  3. May 9, 2019

predator Youth NITK

Just read that there is restricted view for certain seats at the Wanda metropolitano. How is this possible given it's bowl like shape? Is it the first few rows near pitchside due to advertisement board etc?
  4. May 9, 2019

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I have literally no idea. Liverpool and us also getting 32,000 seats out of a 68,000 seater stadium? Silly.
  5. May 9, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

Come on spurs.

Should be a great match. Hopefully Kane is back.
  6. May 9, 2019

Stookie Nurse bell end

Fair play to both sides. They’ve got there on merit.
  7. May 9, 2019

ThatsGreat Full Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Yeah, but it'll hurt Arsenal the most. West Ham is a tier below, and Chelsea have already won the CL. Imagine if spurs won the CL before us, everyone will scream themselves hoarse talking about a power shift and what not.
  8. May 9, 2019

Fts 74 New Member

Spurs for me.

No one gave them a chance against city and at half time last night I thought no way.

Can't help but think it's their year, but was does it say about the champions league?Luck plays a massive part.

Both teams scraped out of their group Liverpool have lost 4 times spurs the same I think.

Anyway, I really hope spurs win it and I think they will
  9. May 9, 2019

Stookie Nurse bell end

Fair play to both sides. They’ve got there on merit.
  10. May 9, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    So below is the respective form of both sides since the beginning of 2019.

Liverpool
    Played 24
    Won 16
    Drew 5
    Lost 3 (City, Barcelona & an FA Cup game with Wolves).

Spurs
    Played 27
    Won 14
    Drew 1
    Lost 12

If Spurs fail to beat Everton then they'll have a 50% win ratio for all of their games played in 2019. I know anything can happen in a one off game but I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't beat them. They look like they're as likely to lose a game as they are to win one based on recent form.

It'll feel like we're destined to never win anything under Klopp if we can't win this.
  11. May 9, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The whole of Egypt will be watching. Apparently we're becoming big in Brazil too. The Firmino and Fabinho connection? Or just Klopp. Plus fans who absolutely hate us and want to see us lose. Like the 100m Utd and Chelsea fans in India. :lol:
  12. May 9, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    10,000 Euros should do it. ;)
  13. May 9, 2019

Guy Incognito Full Member

Spurs won the league and domestic cups before you. And have more European trophies in their cabinet. No one really screamed 'power shift' back then and won't exactly change my view of how the two clubs are perceived.

Luck plays a massive part in a cup competition and you just need breaks. It's almost like destiny Spurs will win it, but then I can't see Klopp letting slip the opportunity of winning a trophy. This means more and la.
  14. May 9, 2019

BristolRuss Full Member

A friend of mine has just won two VIP tickets to the final and doesn't even like football or own a passport. So he's not even going to go. The luck of some people :lol:
  15. May 9, 2019

Number4. New Member

Tactically - Ajax, were Liverpool dream. A high pitch, high energy press, which leaves them constantly exposed on the counter. Liverpool would have picked them off very easily and once 1-0 up; Ajax would have been dead on the counterattack.

Liverpool still favorites against Spurs, but much more marginal.
  16. May 9, 2019

LimePark New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I expect Manchester City to end up with 90+ points again next year, so they I think any team wanting the win the title next year will need to have close to what Liverpool have amounted this season.
  17. May 9, 2019

Ibragol New Member

Supports:
    Milan
    Fantastic semi-finals with extraordinary drama. Just incredible. It has been great watching Tottenham's and Liverpool's ways to the final and they are fully worthy finalists. I wish Milan could come back to their glory days like Liverpool has.

However, a Champions League final containing Tottenham and Liverpool is the greatest mismatch for UEFA since Porto-Monaco final in 2004.

There is no larger-than-life feeling in a game between Tottenham-Liverpool in the same way as it would have been in a game between Barca-United or Real Madrid-Juventus. This year's final sounds like an average joe Sunday afternoon game between two slightly-behind-the-top teams that play each other 58 times a year in different chili sauce-sponsored cups. A game that will be forgotten the next day.
  18. May 9, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    It will be interesting to see how Pochettino will bring Kane back to this team. I assume that he is going to come of the bench and Pochettino will go with the same starting lineup against Ajax second leg. However, with everyone baring Aurier, I would go with:

Lloris
    Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
    Sissoko - Winks
    Moura - Eriksen - Son
    Kane

If Spurs play with a midfield of Eriksen and Sissoko, they will get over run and Liverpool will take them apart. They will need to have a more structured lineup initially and if Liverpool takes the lead and begin to sit back, Eriksen can be pushed deeper as a plan B. Hard to imagine dropping Moura after his recent performance.
  19. May 9, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The Southampton final.

20. May 9, 2019

bond19821982 Full Member

Don't feck it up Spurs. Just make it happen !
  21. May 9, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    Real Madrid vs Atletico 2014, British 2019 version; wait and see :(
  22. May 9, 2019

Xaviesta Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    That 2014 final was pure torture.
  23. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

I don't think it's about certain players being over run by Liverpool's midfield. (Henderson , Milner , Wynaldham or Fabinino are not exactly world class.) It will all be down to tactics. If Ali and Erikson try to keep possession in the middle of the park, then they might aswell give the trophy to Liverpool now. Spurs just need to let Liverpool have the ball and keep it tight at the back. Make sure the Liverpool full backs have no space to run into.
    Then use son, moura and sisskos pace to break.
    This is why Liverpool are so good in Europe. The European teams play right into their hands. The only team i think they would have struggled in Europe was against Athletico Madrid.
    Spurs have the energy and techincal players to hurt Liverpool.....It all comes to the tactics.
  24. May 9, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    Liverpool has unlocked many teams that have tried to park the bus on them. However, I agree that they are weak against counter attacking teams as their fullback push very high up the pitch and they play with a high line. Klopp heavy metal football looks to exploit teams that tries to play from the back, so it will be risky if Spurs tries to pass their way out of it. A Target man will be key for Spurs and even though Llorente is perhaps the best Spurs has when it comes to launching it forward, he doesn’t have the legs to run in behind or do anything else. As such the return of Kane will be very important for them. Moreover, Spurs 4-2-3-1 with two holding mid present which give their cb an option to pass the ball to and two wide player is a good counter to it. Overall, It is about having the correct balance toward controlling the flow of the game and being tight at the back. They need their cdm and cb to be good at launching it accurately forward and also be calm in possession. Eriksen and Ali has made a lot of errors from deep recently so Klopp gegenpressing will make those two a liability if playing deeper early on.
  25. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

I agree with most of your points. But their is a big difference with teams with quality players parking the bus and teams like Cardiff parking the bus. Everton, Utd, Arsenal, Leiecster and City have all done a job on Liverpool by getting the balance right. Spurs at Anfield showed they have got it in their locker to cause Liverpool problems.
  26. May 9, 2019

Bale Bale Bale New Member

Can I have them? :D
  27. May 9, 2019

vadimivich Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Chelsea fans fecking hate us, and the feeling is mutual. I'd say there's more hate than between Arsenal and us (the Chelsea anti Semite shite in particular is egregious).
  28. May 9, 2019

AaronRedDevil Full Member

I'm probably the only man Utd fan wanting Liverpool to win. Cant stand tots
  29. May 9, 2019

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    Chelsea fans hate everyone don't they ?
  30. May 9, 2019

redman5 Full Member

Just in case anyone doesn't know, but both sides have met before in Europe. It was way back in 1973 & Liverpool won the semi-final UEFA Cup tie on away goals. 1-0 to Liverpool at Anfield. 2-1 to Spurs at WHL.
  31. May 9, 2019

redman5 Full Member

Would Spurs actually start Kane ? He might be physically fit by the time the final's played, but he'll be short of match fitness. I think Poch might have him on the bench with a view to bringing him on if things aren't going to plan.
  32. May 9, 2019

Eric7C Full Member

Yep.

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Spurs? Is it because of Glaston?
  33. May 9, 2019

Oga on top. Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I did say we would win a trophy this season (check the ‘you can quote me’ thread) I haven’t changed my mind. We can do Spurs. Even if they were to go a goal ahead they would conspire to allow the occasion to get to them. Let’s not forget they allowed an ok United team to get past them in the FA cup semis after going ahead (unforgivable when you haven’t won nowt) they are bottlers and the people who tend to dislike that term the most happen to be Spurs fans funny that. @noodlehair got it spot on his assessment.
  34. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

I guess you want Liverpool to win the league too?
  35. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

Bet you went saying you would a win trophy this season on Tuesday morning
  36. May 9, 2019

Oga on top. Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Well if you concentrated on reading my posts more clearly rather than rushing to talk utter drivel about Liverpool as usual you would see that I actually made that post in a thread you can search for and find, I’ll let you find the thread.
  37. May 9, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Far from it.

It's a word that is used by armchair managers.
  38. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

:lol:
  39. May 9, 2019

AaronRedDevil Full Member

Let's just say there's someone i despise more then anything. And he's a Tottenham fan. Rather see my 10 year old liverpool supporting cousin cheering.
  40. May 9, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

Your too young to hate Liverpool. So I get it.