Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
At least, there's something here that I agree with you. Posting it here at this moment was a terrible idea. However, not even in my most passionate moments, I went bananas like that. Sometimes, you may provoke your rivals in a good way. Many times I provoked Corinthians for not having winning a Libertadores, for example. They won one, so they provoked me back. But we all took it well, after all, life changes. If I hadn't known how to take it slightly, something it is lacking here, I would never have taken a joke at first place.
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with rivals provoking each other. That’s not why posters threw fire your way. But the first part of your post, ok we can leave it at that.

Cliche Guevara

At least, there's something here that I agree with you. Posting it here at this moment was a terrible idea. However, not even in my most passionate moments, I went bananas like that. Sometimes, you may provoke your rivals in a good way. Many times I provoked Corinthians for not having winning a Libertadores, for example. They won one, so they provoked me back. But we all took it well, after all, life changes. If I hadn't known how to take it slightly, something it is lacking here, I would never have taken a joke at first place.
Oh feck off. Corinthians fans attacked their own players after getting skelped by Santos.

We don’t need a lecture from fans in Brazil on how to remain composed and dispassionate in relation to football.

Christ almighty.

hubbuh

feck football. we've dominated for years. let them have there shit day in their sun. rubbish penalty rubbish game.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Oh feck off. Corinthians fans attacked their own players after getting skelped by Santos.

We don’t need a lecture from fans in Brazil on how to remain composed and dispassionate in relation to football.

Christ almighty.
He's banned, mate.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
All the people I want to argue with are getting banned. Damn.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Teams City faced in the CL this season. Basically all they had to face is knockout stage Europa League sides and still completely bottled it. Once again they were exposed in this competition. At least pool beat some proper teams like Bayern and Barca to get there. Not that it makes it better but it's better than City's route below.
- Lyon
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Hoffenheim
- Schalke
- Spurs

Slysi17

feck it. I just wish the new season would start now so I don't have to cope with this Liverpool celebration shit.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The only thing you seem to enjoy more than watching Liverpool win the Champion’s League is shitting on Manchester United on redcafe. You’re a weird one and no mistake.
I barely even post in the football forum anymore. Must have about 10 posts in the last 2 months so no idea what you are talking about. United are a joke at the moment and so rightly deserve to be shat on . Nothing weird about that

CognitiveNeuro

He's been one of their best players this season and one the best DM's in Europe:houllier:
:houllier: Not serious is it? Hes as good a defensive midfielder as there is in Europe
Not really. His positioning is suspect like I said. Look at the Chelsea game and Napoli games earlier this season as well as the Burnley home game and the Crystal Palace home game. He was at fault for several mistakes due to his poor positioning and not properly tracking runners as well as several goals conceded. You all seem to have poor memory.

But he has played well recently and played well this game. I'm glad for it. :)

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Constant wumming. Just an overall shit bloke. Last warning.
VI

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not currently home in England, am I being a blindly bitter bastard or was that a really low quality and terrible game that was a slight smash and grab almost? How are the media talking it up?

Not that Spurs were great, felt like the occasion got to them massively and starting Kane was a very naive mistake. But they grew into the game eventually.

RochaRoja

The football world should be absolutely fecking ashamed of itself that it’s let this shower of shite win a Champions League.

Honestly, what a brutal team and actually a brutal style of football at the highest level.
Imagine being Barça. You had your foot on the throat of this Liverpool side with only an out of form Spurs to play in the final and imploded in the second half at Anfield. Instead of Messi winning his fifth CL, you’ve got Jordan fecking Henderson lifting the trophy. I bet he’s still having nightmares about giving Dembélé that sitter rather than smashing it in himself for a hattrick.

Carolina Red

Staff
I’m not currently home in England, am I being a blindly bitter bastard or was that a really low quality and terrible game that was a slight smash and grab almost? How are the media talking it up?

Not that Spurs were great, felt like the occasion got to them massively and starting Kane was a very naive mistake. But they grew into the game eventually.
It was a poor game made worse by the early penalty. Liverpool were able to just sit and defend for most of the game. Spurs dominated possession but didn’t do anything with it.

During the game the best I could do to sum it up was this..
This game is as if we were forced to watch Mourinho’s United play against LVG’s United.

RochaRoja

Does anyone have a gif of Henderson’s shot midway through the second half?

That shit was iconic and perfectly summed up the game.

Judas

Open to offers
It was a poor game made worse by the early penalty. Liverpool were able to just sit and defend for most of the game. Spurs dominated possession but didn’t do anything with it.

During the game the best I could do to sum it up was this..
Yep, from a neutral point of view the worst thing that could happen to the game was an early Liverpool goal, it killed it.

Was that the first Champions League final thats been contested between two teams who have never actually been Champions of their domestic league?

s e n s e i

Supports
Dortmund
Not really. His positioning is suspect like I said. Look at the Chelsea game and Napoli games earlier this season as well as the Burnley home game and the Crystal Palace home game. He was at fault for several mistakes due to his poor positioning and not properly tracking runners as well as several goals conceded. You all seem to have poor memory.

But he has played well recently and played well this game. I'm glad for it. :)
Agreed, he struggled with the pace early on.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I didn't even bother watching the game.

I don't mind accepting I'm bitter. Football is not the same fun without rivalries.
Second this. I don’t know how people could stomach, watching the game. Some even watched the trophy ceremony :lol:

RochaRoja

Was that the first Champions League final thats been contested between two teams who have never actually been Champions of their domestic league?
Liverpool and Spurs have been English champions 20 times between themselves so definitely not.

Giggs86

Feck it. I'm just going to write off this season's CL final as a glorified FA Cup final. Liverpool and Spurs ffs. Two clubs that weren't even the best team in their own country once in like three decades.

Winrar

Second this. I don’t know how people could stomach, watching the game. Some even watched the trophy ceremony :lol:
I thought I was a glutton for punishment watching the full match even after liverpool scored after 2mins up to their second goal, and even that's down to how dull most of the match was. The most interesting thing that happened was a half naked streaker running halfway across the pitch at 15 mins.

Apparently some people have kept the game on after the match and watch liverpool lift the CL trophy and there was one even going out the streets and hugging liverpool fans just because he wanted to enjoy a "good atmosphere". I don't understand it but live and let live.

youmeletsfly

Well congrats to Pool, I guess.

On another side though, Poch absolutely screwed his starting eleven by playing Kane and Delle Alli.

Kane was definitely not fit and D.Alli is just not that good of a football player. Moura deserved a start, hell even Llorente.

rednotled

On a positive note, now the world will see how weird they are screeching "six time la" whilst waving one hand in the air...

Kapardin

After the first few minutes when Liverpool scored the 1st goal, I switched off the TV and was playing Dark Souls on my laptop. Feck the trophy ceremony. Atleast giving a few enemies a bloody death in the game is the perfect way to let off steam.:D

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm going to be banned for saying this but no harm in honesty, I saw the trophy ceremony because I wanted to see Klopp. Been such a massive fan of his from his Dortmund days, even remember his Mainz team being exciting in the mid 00's with Mohammad Zidan, and was heartbroken when his Dortmund team lost to Bayern (not so last season, for obvious reasons). Bittersweet that it has had to come for Liverpool, but anyways the man deserves it. Great manager finally getting his due European trophy.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Well congrats to Pool, I guess.

On another side though, Poch absolutely screwed his starting eleven by playing Kane and Delle Alli.

Kane was definitely not fit and D.Alli is just not that good of a football player. Moura deserved a start, hell even Llorente.
Agree, Pool deserved a trophy after last couple of seasons.

Utterly baffling from Poch, when has Kane ever performed in a big game? Hadn't played for 2 months and Moura scored a hat-trick in the semi. He must be absolutely fuming not to start the final.

Josh 76

Didn't watch the game. Went to bed not knowing the score. Woke up this morning and just found out the score 20 mins ago.
I was 99% convinced they would win it, so it hasn't ruined much. I've not watched any of the footage or scenes from the game, so it's kinda like it's not really happend.
My final point is going to shock you all. This team has been the best in European football for the last 2 seasons. In fact reaching 3 finals in the last 3 seasons they have been on Europe is crazy. Don't think Klopp has lost a two legged European as manager of Liverpool. Feck me. What can you say. They deserve it.
Now my sky and BT has been cancelled football doesn't exist for me anymore.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Yeah it does. Back to back CL finals and 97 points in the league without a sugar daddy or United style funds.

Fabulous management by a world class manager.
United style funds??!!!
You don't know what you're saying with all the Oil money around.

It's the first final he's won - took him some time didn't it?!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Agree, Pool deserved a trophy after last couple of seasons.

Utterly baffling from Poch, when has Kane ever performed in a big game? Hadn't played for 2 months and Moura scored a hat-trick in the semi. He must be absolutely fuming not to start the final.
:lol: