Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, May 8, 2019.

1. Jun 2, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Third most successful club in Europe. Amazing just thinking about that considering the last 30 years we've just had. I want us to be second soon. Outright. :devil:
  2. Jun 2, 2019

Pav1878 New Member

How are d**ks like this not banned yet?
  3. Jun 2, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :confused:
  4. Jun 2, 2019

Treble Full Member

1 European Cup/CL more than Barcelona but they have more European trophies than you and also 3 fifa club world cups.
  5. Jun 2, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Well...
    https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let...-ucl-titles-or-lets-not.448086/#post-24225415

I think this is a very valid method of counting :p
  6. Jun 2, 2019

starman Full Member

Just saw a picture of the lifting of trophy (the one that seems to be getting used the most).
    It's always funny to see players that contributed the least to the teams success, get frontbilling.
    OX, Sturridge, Moreno, Lovern, Shaqiri & Keita are all in prime positions.
    Salah, Mane & Van Djik are no where to be seen...
  7. Jun 2, 2019

Finn MacCool Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yep same thing happened in Istanbul with that twat Josemi. Maybe it says something about the psyche of the big players, they don’t feel the need to chase the spotlight.
  8. Jun 2, 2019

CognitiveNeuro New Member

Such a RAWKish thing to say. Didn't expect to see something like this on redcafe.
  9. Jun 2, 2019

Harry Harries Full Member

That is so RAWK.
  10. Jun 2, 2019

HackeyC New Member

Spurs players should be very frustrated after that game, they were the better team but just not clinical enough. It was an odd game, I think the ridiculously early goal interfered with Liverpool's game plan. For me Kane should never have started, he was clearly off the pace. A late showing after VVD facing Moura for 70 minutes would have been a much better strategy imo.

Also, the press are quite hypocritical, the Liverpool love in continues:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...-Cup-win-rescinded-indecent-celebrations.html
    This article ran on most mainstream media. A day later:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ol-celebrations-Champions-League-triumph.html

Yes this is sour grapes, but I don't really care :lol:
  11. Jun 3, 2019

Acheron Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    It was a pretty boring match, specially after those semifinals, but Liverpool is the better team so congrats on them for reaching another final and winning this time around. Ideally they should take advantage on this victory to strengthen their team and keep challenging for UCL and their league.
  12. Jun 3, 2019

St Red KRAP

:nono:

Performance was unimportant.
  13. Jun 3, 2019

croadyman New Member

England winning the Cricket World Cup would help a little bit,still so annoyed Moura didn't start the game snd will never understand the decision.
  14. Jun 3, 2019

always_hoping New Member

Out of interest are Liverpool the first team to win the champions league having lost 4 games on route to the final?

When United won it in 2008 and 1999 not a single defeat was had in the 26 games played.
  15. Jun 3, 2019

always_hoping New Member

What game was that? was a few lopsided Hurling games yesterday. The week before i was in Castlebar to see my county end a 33 year wait for a win against our noisy neighbours in that venue, a wait that was longer than Liverpool for a league title and they can wait for another decade at least ;)
  16. Jun 3, 2019

GlastonSpur Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum

Supports:
    Spurs
    Well, it was always going to be difficult after a soft penalty was given just a minute or so into the game. Otherwise it might have been a different story, but we will never know.

In a way, that very early penalty decision ruined the game: made it far less open, as Liverpool sat back more than they otherwise would have, although the stifling heat also had an effect on the energy levels of both teams.

Spurs did well to reach the final, proving wrong those who previously claimed that we'd reached our ceiling. We'll be in Pot 2 for the CL draw for next season, an upgrade from Pot 3 last time, which is some slight consolation.

Anyhow, the favourites won and congratulations to them.
  17. Jun 3, 2019

sideshow_bob Full Member

Supports:
    Healthy nutrition
    Soft penalty for sure.

But I can't help but think Poch messed up the starting 11 & formation. Something like this would have tested Pool more:

------------ Llorente -----------
    - Son | Eriksen | Moura -
    ------ Winks | Sissoko -----
    Rose | Vert | Alder | Trip

Kane & Alli on as subs instead
  18. Jun 3, 2019

MagicKarpet New Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Starting lineup and formation were fine, Michael Cox's analysis proved that Poch got his tactics correct, where Spurs were lacking was the end product

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2019/06...ool-goals-either-side-of-tottenham-dominance/

19. Jun 3, 2019

0le Full Member

Can the mods please lock this thread...I don't want to be reminded of this fecking thing every time I look at recent posts...
  20. Jun 3, 2019

Schneckerl Full Member

Real 99/00 and Milan 02/03, but they played 4 additional games due to the 2nd groupstage
  21. Jun 3, 2019

AFC NimbleThumb Full Member

People laughed at RAWK for years & here we are [a Manchester United Forum] bumping a thread [& debating the merits] about a game played between 2 Premier League rivals, one our most historic rival.

It’s been 48+ hours now, we’ve been magnanimous enough & congratulated them, time to move on to matters United surely.
  22. Jun 3, 2019

CognitiveNeuro New Member

A CL is worth more than those though. I'm sure Barcelona would trade the rest of their minor European trophies for a CL. In fact I know some Barcelona fans that said they would trade the last 3 La Ligas for another CL. It's that highly rated.
  23. Jun 6, 2019

Stookie Nurse bell end

Well you’re kinda right, in the end I didnt put it all on, a leaf spring on my old bus I’m doing up went so I had to get that fixed. Still got some on it though.
  24. Jun 8, 2019

Oga on top. Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    All I want to say is thank you Sissoko. One week late but still. Apparently Barcelona are still waiting for that corner :lol: We actually came inches within the double, GOAT Liverpool team in prem history.
  25. Jun 8, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    Feck off. Man City rules in England and you only played the UCL final because Barça collapsed. Alisson still has nightmares with that free kick.
  26. Jun 8, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    One week ago today we had 5 European Cups. Now we don't. Allez. :cool:
  27. Jun 8, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    Take cover. Bayern and Barça are thirsty for that 6th and 7th.
  28. Jun 9, 2019

Oga on top. Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :lol::lol: I think I would say we are the most decorated club in English football. I rate the champions league higher than the domestic so yeah... Like it or lump it Casanovo.
  29. Jun 9, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    What you've done is impressive, yes, knocking out both Bayern and Barça (two 5 UCL clubs) and winning your 6th, but make no mistake: everybody will try to chop Liverpool down in 19/20.
  30. Jun 9, 2019

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    As things stand, I'd say there's more chance of us getting to number 7 before Bayern or Barca win their 6th.
  31. Jun 9, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    I think Barça will win UCL 19-20. It's an existentialist challenge for them now.
    To win the 6th before Messi gets old-retires.
  32. Jun 9, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Not sure Messi has what Ronaldo has at an older age. That's not a slight on Messi as I think he used to be the better 'footballer'.
  33. Jun 10, 2019

redman5 Full Member

It's been an 'existentialist' challenge for them the past 2 seasons, yet they've blown it big time having gotten themselves - on both occasions - in a seemingly unbeatable position. Messi, Suarez, & co will be another year past their peak next season. How are they going to drag up the extra levels of skill, commitment, desire etc required to take on younger, hungrier sides, who themselves will be just as keen to put 'big ears' in their trophy cabinet ? You're basing your opinion on emotion, not logic.
  34. Jun 10, 2019

Casanova85 Full Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    Summer transfer window hasn't even started, ffs. Suarez sure is past it, not Messi. De Jong is supposed to fix Barça's midfield problem.
  35. Jun 10, 2019

redman5 Full Member

What does the transfer window have to do with it ? This is about mentality, or lack of it in their case. For the past 2 seasons Barcelona have crumbled away to Roma, & then to us last season. This after having put themselves firmly in the driving seat by winning the first leg at home by 3 clear goals. You can't buy mental strength, you need a manager who has it in him to instill it into the players. Those who run the club would be better searching for such a manager before trying to buy the next Coutinho etc. I wish them all the luck in the world with that.