Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I think Spurs might pose a harder team to beat than Ajax but I cant see them beating liverpool.

So much for liverpool's chance of champions league glory being gone after the defeat to madrid last year, yet here they are in the fecking final again.It will be the same sh!t with the league next season they will be challenging and might even win it with less points than this season.

OrangeRed

Placing a bet on Liverpool to create a win-win situation for myself. Just have to think about a amount that's worth it.

predator

Youth NITK
Just read that there is restricted view for certain seats at the Wanda metropolitano. How is this possible given it's bowl like shape? Is it the first few rows near pitchside due to advertisement board etc?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just read that there is restricted view for certain seats at the Wanda metropolitano. How is this possible given it's bowl like shape? Is it the first few rows near pitchside due to advertisement board etc?
I have literally no idea. Liverpool and us also getting 32,000 seats out of a 68,000 seater stadium? Silly.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Probably most Chelsea and West Ham fans, too, I imagine.
Yeah, but it'll hurt Arsenal the most. West Ham is a tier below, and Chelsea have already won the CL. Imagine if spurs won the CL before us, everyone will scream themselves hoarse talking about a power shift and what not.

Fts 74

Spurs for me.

No one gave them a chance against city and at half time last night I thought no way.

Can't help but think it's their year, but was does it say about the champions league?Luck plays a massive part.

Both teams scraped out of their group Liverpool have lost 4 times spurs the same I think.

Anyway, I really hope spurs win it and I think they will

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So below is the respective form of both sides since the beginning of 2019.

Liverpool
Played 24
Won 16
Drew 5
Lost 3 (City, Barcelona & an FA Cup game with Wolves).

Spurs
Played 27
Won 14
Drew 1
Lost 12

If Spurs fail to beat Everton then they'll have a 50% win ratio for all of their games played in 2019. I know anything can happen in a one off game but I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't beat them. They look like they're as likely to lose a game as they are to win one based on recent form.

It'll feel like we're destined to never win anything under Klopp if we can't win this.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think this will be the lowest watched CL final in a while outside of the UK.

Obviously Liverpool have history but Spurs? Teams like Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus are teams that have huge world wide fanbase and history that people tune in to watch.

It’s also quite interesting that both teams struggled to get out their group and both teams made the final.
The whole of Egypt will be watching. Apparently we're becoming big in Brazil too. The Firmino and Fabinho connection? Or just Klopp. Plus fans who absolutely hate us and want to see us lose. Like the 100m Utd and Chelsea fans in India. :lol:

Guy Incognito

Yeah, but it'll hurt Arsenal the most. West Ham is a tier below, and Chelsea have already won the CL. Imagine if spurs won the CL before us, everyone will scream themselves hoarse talking about a power shift and what not.
Spurs won the league and domestic cups before you. And have more European trophies in their cabinet. No one really screamed 'power shift' back then and won't exactly change my view of how the two clubs are perceived.

Luck plays a massive part in a cup competition and you just need breaks. It's almost like destiny Spurs will win it, but then I can't see Klopp letting slip the opportunity of winning a trophy. This means more and la.

BristolRuss

A friend of mine has just won two VIP tickets to the final and doesn't even like football or own a passport. So he's not even going to go. The luck of some people :lol:

Number4.

Tactically - Ajax, were Liverpool dream. A high pitch, high energy press, which leaves them constantly exposed on the counter. Liverpool would have picked them off very easily and once 1-0 up; Ajax would have been dead on the counterattack.

Liverpool still favorites against Spurs, but much more marginal.

Reactions: golden_blunder

LimePark

Supports
Chelsea
So much for liverpool's chance of champions league glory being gone after the defeat to madrid last year, yet here they are in the fecking final again.It will be the same sh!t with the league next season they will be challenging and might even win it with less points than this season.
I expect Manchester City to end up with 90+ points again next year, so they I think any team wanting the win the title next year will need to have close to what Liverpool have amounted this season.

Ibragol

Supports
Milan
Fantastic semi-finals with extraordinary drama. Just incredible. It has been great watching Tottenham's and Liverpool's ways to the final and they are fully worthy finalists. I wish Milan could come back to their glory days like Liverpool has.

However, a Champions League final containing Tottenham and Liverpool is the greatest mismatch for UEFA since Porto-Monaco final in 2004.

There is no larger-than-life feeling in a game between Tottenham-Liverpool in the same way as it would have been in a game between Barca-United or Real Madrid-Juventus. This year's final sounds like an average joe Sunday afternoon game between two slightly-behind-the-top teams that play each other 58 times a year in different chili sauce-sponsored cups. A game that will be forgotten the next day.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It will be interesting to see how Pochettino will bring Kane back to this team. I assume that he is going to come of the bench and Pochettino will go with the same starting lineup against Ajax second leg. However, with everyone baring Aurier, I would go with:

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Moura - Eriksen - Son
Kane

If Spurs play with a midfield of Eriksen and Sissoko, they will get over run and Liverpool will take them apart. They will need to have a more structured lineup initially and if Liverpool takes the lead and begin to sit back, Eriksen can be pushed deeper as a plan B. Hard to imagine dropping Moura after his recent performance.

Josh 76

It will be interesting to see how Pochettino will bring Kane back to this team. I assume that he is going to come of the bench and Pochettino will go with the same starting lineup against Ajax second leg. However, with everyone baring Aurier, I would go with:

Lloris
Sissoko - Winks
Moura - Eriksen - Son
Kane

If Spurs play with a midfield of Eriksen and Sissoko, they will get over run and Liverpool will take them apart. They will need to have a more structured lineup initially and if Liverpool takes the lead and begin to sit back, Eriksen can be pushed deeper as a plan B. Hard to imagine dropping Moura after his recent performance.
I don't think it's about certain players being over run by Liverpool's midfield. (Henderson , Milner , Wynaldham or Fabinino are not exactly world class.) It will all be down to tactics. If Ali and Erikson try to keep possession in the middle of the park, then they might aswell give the trophy to Liverpool now. Spurs just need to let Liverpool have the ball and keep it tight at the back. Make sure the Liverpool full backs have no space to run into.
Then use son, moura and sisskos pace to break.
This is why Liverpool are so good in Europe. The European teams play right into their hands. The only team i think they would have struggled in Europe was against Athletico Madrid.
Spurs have the energy and techincal players to hurt Liverpool.....It all comes to the tactics.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I don't think it's about certain players being over run by Liverpool's midfield. (Henderson , Milner , Wynaldham or Fabinino are not exactly world class.) It will all be down to tactics. If Ali and Erikson try to keep possession in the middle of the park, then they might aswell give the trophy to Liverpool now. Spurs just need to let Liverpool have the ball and keep it tight at the back. Make sure the Liverpool full backs have no space to run into.
Then use son, moura and sisskos pace to break.
This is why Liverpool are so good in Europe. The European teams play right into their hands. The only team i think they would have struggled in Europe was against Athletico Madrid.
Spurs have the energy and techincal players to hurt Liverpool.....It all comes to the tactics.
Liverpool has unlocked many teams that have tried to park the bus on them. However, I agree that they are weak against counter attacking teams as their fullback push very high up the pitch and they play with a high line. Klopp heavy metal football looks to exploit teams that tries to play from the back, so it will be risky if Spurs tries to pass their way out of it. A Target man will be key for Spurs and even though Llorente is perhaps the best Spurs has when it comes to launching it forward, he doesn’t have the legs to run in behind or do anything else. As such the return of Kane will be very important for them. Moreover, Spurs 4-2-3-1 with two holding mid present which give their cb an option to pass the ball to and two wide player is a good counter to it. Overall, It is about having the correct balance toward controlling the flow of the game and being tight at the back. They need their cdm and cb to be good at launching it accurately forward and also be calm in possession. Eriksen and Ali has made a lot of errors from deep recently so Klopp gegenpressing will make those two a liability if playing deeper early on.

Josh 76

Liverpool has unlocked many teams that have tried to park the bus on them. However, I agree that they are weak against counter attacking teams as their fullback push very high up the pitch and they play with a high line. Klopp heavy metal football looks to exploit teams that tries to play from the back, so it will be risky if Spurs tries to pass their way out of it. A Target man will be key for Spurs and even though Llorente is perhaps the best Spurs has when it comes to launching it forward, he doesn’t have the legs to run in behind or do anything else. As such the return of Kane will be very important for them. Moreover, Spurs 4-2-3-1 with two holding mid present which give their cb an option to pass the ball to and two wide player is a good counter to it. Overall, It is about having the correct balance toward controlling the flow of the game and being tight at the back. They need their cdm and cb to be good at launching it accurately forward and also be calm in possession.
I agree with most of your points. But their is a big difference with teams with quality players parking the bus and teams like Cardiff parking the bus. Everton, Utd, Arsenal, Leiecster and City have all done a job on Liverpool by getting the balance right. Spurs at Anfield showed they have got it in their locker to cause Liverpool problems.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool/Arsenal/West Ham v Spurs/United/City/Everton.

I wonder who Chelsea fans will support...
Chelsea fans fecking hate us, and the feeling is mutual. I'd say there's more hate than between Arsenal and us (the Chelsea anti Semite shite in particular is egregious).

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

Lloris
Sissoko - Winks
Moura - Eriksen - Son
Kane

Would Spurs actually start Kane ? He might be physically fit by the time the final's played, but he'll be short of match fitness. I think Poch might have him on the bench with a view to bringing him on if things aren't going to plan.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I did say we would win a trophy this season (check the ‘you can quote me’ thread) I haven’t changed my mind. We can do Spurs. Even if they were to go a goal ahead they would conspire to allow the occasion to get to them. Let’s not forget they allowed an ok United team to get past them in the FA cup semis after going ahead (unforgivable when you haven’t won nowt) they are bottlers and the people who tend to dislike that term the most happen to be Spurs fans funny that. @noodlehair got it spot on his assessment.

Josh 76

I did say we would win a trophy this season (check the ‘you can quote me’ thread) I haven’t changed my mind. We can do Spurs. Even if they were to go a goal ahead they would conspire to allow the occasion to get to them. Let’s not forget they allowed an ok United team to get past them in the FA cup semis after going ahead (unforgivable when you haven’t won nowt) they are bottlers and the people who tend to dislike that term the most happen to be Spurs fans funny that. @noodlehair got it spot on his assessment.
Bet you went saying you would a win trophy this season on Tuesday morning

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Bet you went saying you would a win trophy this season on Tuesday morning
Well if you concentrated on reading my posts more clearly rather than rushing to talk utter drivel about Liverpool as usual you would see that I actually made that post in a thread you can search for and find, I’ll let you find the thread.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Far from it.

It's a word that is used by armchair managers.

Josh 76

Well if you concentrated on reading my posts more clearly rather than rushing to talk utter drivel about Liverpool as usual you would see that I actually made that post in a thread you can search for and find, I’ll let you find the thread.
:lol:

AaronRedDevil

Yep.

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Spurs? Is it because of Glaston?
Let's just say there's someone i despise more then anything. And he's a Tottenham fan. Rather see my 10 year old liverpool supporting cousin cheering.