Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Hoof the ball

Stuff like this makes me want Spurs to win even more and I didn't think that was possible. The amount of people in the press and media that have been dying for Liverpool to be relevant and force them on everyone is cringetastic.
I know, right?! Also, this idea that they're winning the hearts and minds? it's a myth. A complete and utter fabrication. No other set of fans want Liverpool to win the league or the Champions League. Every sub-reddit I've been in, whether it's Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Cardiff, Real, Barca, Milan, no fan group has been won over by them in their hearts. :lol: There might be a begrudging acceptance of their football this season, but no one is willing them to win.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I know, right?! Also, this idea that they're winning the hearts and minds? it's a myth. A complete and utter fabrication. No other set of fans want Liverpool to win the league or the Champions League. Every sub-reddit I've been in, whether it's Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Cardiff, Real, Barca, Milan, no fan group has been won over by them in their hearts. :lol: There might be a begrudging acceptance of their football this season, but no one is willing them to win.
This is no different to the 80s when we were ruling.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The media have been pushing this 'hearts are minds' nonsense on us all season. There is no truth to it, however.

Liverpool, like United, are universally despised and always will be.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The media have been pushing this 'hearts are minds' nonsense on us all season. There is no truth to it, however.

Liverpool, like United, are universally despised and always will be.
& it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that they're - by far away - English football's 2 most successful clubs, with a massive worldwide following.

Hoof the ball

Right! One down, one to go.

Can Spurs do it?! Would you bet against Pochettino in this one? I think Spurs will be equal to them, as they were in the league. We all know Spurs could (and should) have beaten Liverpool, but for horrible finishing.

They'll be up for it, and it seems they have destiny on their side.

jackwanson

Supports
Man City

Can Spurs do it?! Would you bet against Pochettino in this one? I think Spurs will be equal to them, as they were in the league. We all know Spurs could (and should) have beaten Liverpool, but for horrible finishing.

Spurs winning it will be a nightmare of nightmares for me. That just means Spurs would have won a CL Title before City. Cannot be acceptable. Liverpool already won 5 European Titles, adding another one don't really mean much to City fans. We are behind anyways.

Giggs86

Our only hope is that the 3 weeks break will hurt the momentum Liverpool are having this season. If that final would've been a week from now I'd give Spurs no chance at all. Three weeks from now hopefully it will be a balanced game where form goes out of the window. All that's left is to pray that Spurs are up for it when the time comes.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs winning it will be a nightmare of nightmares for me. That just means Spurs would have won a CL Title before City. Cannot be acceptable. Liverpool already won 5 European Titles, adding another one don't really mean much to City fans. We are behind anyways.
Sometimes you just can't win everything. You have to sacrifice big to get that soul stone. Pep chose not to push his PL title over the ledge and the easiest CL for him this season was gone. He won at Palace and I said at the time he will now win the league but lose the CL.

He likes his league titles in whichever country he manages, nothing wrong with that obviously. But at some point even City fans will be wondering wtf if/when Spurs lift their first.

jackwanson

Supports
Man City
Disagree. They won over the neutrals. Neutrals love a great story. There's no greater image of a 'story' than the Liverpool players standing in front of their singing fans decked in red after they pulled off a miracle. So in that regard, they did win the hearts and minds of neutrals. By 'neutrals', I mean the millions of fans that watch football but have no real rooting interest in a particular English club. It's great being a City fan because we can admit we are behind all the established names in terms of prestige and fanbase. It doesn't matter. One small step at a time.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Disagree. They won over the neutrals. Neutrals love a great story. There's no greater image of a 'story' than the Liverpool players standing in front of their singing fans decked in red after they pulled off a miracle. So in that regard, they did win the hearts and minds of neutrals. By 'neutrals', I mean the millions of fans that watch football but have no real rooting interest in a particular English club. It's great being a City fan because we can admit we are behind all the established names in terms of prestige and fanbase. It doesn't matter. One small step at a time.
I don't know a single football fan who is not a Liverpool fan that wanted them to win.

Kapardin

Spurs have become Liverpool's whipping boys of late, so they are due a big win. Hope it's this time.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Even if the lose the final, they'll pin the "We Broke Barça, 7/5/2019" medal on their chests.
They are clear favourites to win it unfortunately.

Our only hope is that the 3 weeks break will hurt the momentum Liverpool are having this season. If that final would've been a week from now I'd give Spurs no chance at all. Three weeks from now hopefully it will be a balanced game where form goes out of the window. All that's left is to pray that Spurs are up for it when the time comes.
Spurs are a real Jekyll and Hyde side, which Spurs is going to turn up is the question? The Spurs that strolled around and got beat by Hammers at home. Or the Spurs that put 6 past Everton and knocked City out of the CL? Could have the strollers turn up and it will probably end 4-1 to Liverpool, or the full tilt version of Spurs, which would actually make a game of it for the neutrals.

CallyRed

Predicting 2-1 Liverpool win. Think it will be similar to the recent league game, with Spurs deserving more but coming up short

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not convinced Chelsea want Liverpool to win
Id hate tottenham to win tbh being the only london team to win the cl is a nice bragging right. (God knows how arsenal fans would cope) but the alternative is jordan henderson lifting the cl. And the endless 6 times bleating. No win situation really.

RedCurry

If I were Liverpool I'd want the game to happen sometime this week. I personally believe that Poch is a better tactician than Klopp and these three weeks will really give him time to close the gap with Liverpool.

Both teams are high energy teams and every player will be well rested. They should essentially cancel each other out. Either tactics win the game or key errors lose the game. My money is on Spurs to clinch it by one goal.

Supports
England
Spurs have become Liverpool's whipping boys of late, so they are due a big win. Hope it's this time.
Last time Spurs pasted them was when Kane clowned Lovren and embarrassed their defence (2 goals, 1 assist). VVD will surely never completely forget the time that Kane made him look a complete mug at Southampton as well.

People saying that Kane shouldn't start if he's fit is madness. To quote another poster in this thread, he's the only Spurs player Liverpool's defenders are genuinely scared of.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We're going for warm weather training in marbella.

We're fecked. We always come back looking way off the pace from these.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
Unfortunately, I'm fully expecting Spurs to go all "Spursy" :-(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We're going for warm weather training in marbella.

We're fecked. We always come back looking way off the pace from these.
Maybe they should try going to cold weather training in northern Russia and see how that goes? The warm weather ones always end in disaster.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't know a single football fan who is not a Liverpool fan that wanted them to win.
Why would you? You would be mad.

They're horrific winners. I mean in fairness, all football fans are .. but Liverpool fans aren't even shutting up about how great their points tally is, imagine how bad they would be if they won something tangible?

The poetry is already being prepared for the CL final.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So annoying. Two weeks is fine but three? It'll be June already.
It’s 2 weeks for Spain and Germany, only 1 for Italy. Couldn’t have done it any sooner with the Serie A ending so late.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
I actually want Liverpool to win. They deserve it
I want Liverpool to win too and I believe their brand of football deserves the CL trophy and I hope they showcase Klopp's football to the global audience and overwhelm Tottenham's defense. The way they outclassed both Barca (the flagship Spanish team) and Bayern (the flagship German team) was inspirational and it undoubtedly will leave La Liga teams and Bundesliga teams bewildered at how easy it was and wondering whether these two teams really should be consistently dominating the way they are.

This is actually the greatest Liverpool side in history, arguably. The problem is, they came up against one of the greatest Real Madrid's in history last year, and this year, they came up against the greatest Man City side in history which is why they lost out in the PL.

Poch built the greatest Tottenham side in history. If Tottenham are going to win it, it will be now. This is their moment. Liverpool can always rebuild and come back at a later stage but the same can't be said about Tottenham, even with their new stadium. If Spurs do it, it will be fully deserved and like Poch himself said, it will be the end of something, not the beginning of something new. He said he will close the 5 year chapter and move on if he wins the Cl and rightly so. He has done a remarkable job.

Last edited:

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Stuff like this makes me want Spurs to win even more and I didn't think that was possible. The amount of people in the press and media that have been dying for Liverpool to be relevant and force them on everyone is cringetastic.
Won the hearts and minds of who exactly? Other Liverpool fans? Everyone who is not a pool fan wanted City for the league and now Spurs for the CL. They’re deluded.

lex talionis

I'm very comfortable praying for a Spurs win. I don't see any downside to seeing Suarez-loving Liverpool fans coming up short on a CL trophy.

The only side that "deserves" to win it is the one who actually wins it, absent abominable officiating.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The poetry is already being prepared for the CL final.
The Reds are marching up the hill
With Kenny and Bob and Rafa and Bill
Aaaand Carra and Macca and Lawro and Klopp
We'll throw Michael Owen and Roy off the top

With hearts and minds and poems and songs
We'll march to Madrid like a bunch of...fans
And when we arrive, the locals will cheer
"Don't go near the fountains! The scousers are here!"