Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

VP

I barely even post in the football forum anymore. Must have about 10 posts in the last 2 months so no idea what you are talking about. United are a joke at the moment and so rightly deserve to be shat on . Nothing weird about that
If you find nothing weird with going to Anfield to watch Liverpool in a CL final as a United fan, I suggest you give up on this sport and feck off to the NFL.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If you find nothing weird with going to Anfield to watch Liverpool in a CL final as a United fan, I suggest you give up on this sport and feck off to the NFL.
Jeez some absolute snowflakes in this thread

Wolf8312

I thought I was a glutton for punishment watching the full match even after liverpool scored after 2mins up to their second goal, and even that's down to how dull most of the match was. The most interesting thing that happened was a half naked streaker running halfway across the pitch at 15 mins..
To be honest even the streaker was a big disappointment! What self respecting streaker wears clothes? Should be ashamed of herself!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Pool deserved nothing as they were favoured by refs and also by stupid goalie mistakes all season.

Barca and Dembele gave them the CL.

Roy'sMagicHat

Maybe there’s a silver lining to this. Maybe, just maybe it’ll light a fire under Woodward and the Glazers. The pressure on them has just risen enormously.

Winrar

Pool deserved nothing as they were favoured by refs and also by stupid goalie mistakes all season.

Barca and Dembele gave them the CL.
Don't forget Bayern Munich as well. 0-0 was a decent result at Anfield but they done fecked up at Allianz.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Looking at social media, we are more upset on here about last night's result than Spurs fans. It’s full of posts about how proud they are of their team and even some congratulating Liverpool! I’d be fuming given that penalty and the way they played! Typical Spurs I guess.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Looking at social media, we are more upset on here about last night's result than Spurs fans. It’s full of posts about how proud they are of their team and even some congratulating Liverpool! I’d be fuming given that penalty and the way they played! Typical Spurs I guess.
We should be happy this morning that we fecked the PL for them with our Reserve team at OT - the two points that lost them the league. :D

I think last nights CL final tops the worst final I've watched in recent times,with regards to this competition.
Milan vs Juve is close,though that game was painfully boring atleast the passing from both teams usually found their man.This on the other-hand was just bloody horrible.

Granted lifting aloft the trophy is memorable enough and praise thrown at Liverpool will be fully justified but the game itself was just pants.

Raw

A lot of them are just happy they got there in the first place. They knew how much of an underdog they'd be when they knew they had to face either Liverpool or Barca.

That being said I'd still be annoyed by the way they lost. I wouldn't stop myself from wondering what would have happened had that penalty not been given.

Rory 7

We should be happy this morning that we fecked the PL for them with our Reserve team at OT - the two points that lost them the league. :D
Funny that is the only crumb of comfort I can find this morning. Other than that last night is up there with the worst. I totally forgot how bad 05 was, yuk.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know Oxlade-Chamberlain has done well to come back from injury but he went straight into the Terry books of full kit wankerism last night.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Maybe there’s a silver lining to this. Maybe, just maybe it’ll light a fire under Woodward and the Glazers. The pressure on them has just risen enormously.
You'd hope so but it's not just players, City have Guardiola, Liverpool have Klopp

Bestietom

Jeez we have to put up with this 6 times champions league winners now. At least we can hit back with NO premiership.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Refused to watch it. Don't know why you put yourself through the wringer like this. Just going to ignore them completely. We really need to get our act together.

Not only the owners and CEO but hopefully Ole and the players.
I dont expect overnight success,dont think many here do,but we need to look and perform like we're finally on the right path.

Refused to watch it. Don't know why you put yourself through the wringer like this. Just going to ignore them completely. We really need to get our act together.
To be honest,I'm not bothered by Liverpool (or Spurs) winning the CL.
I was more disappointed that the game was awful,in all honesty.

Also,the league has always been my personal choice with regards to preference and I dont think that will ever change.

RoyH1

The morning after.
All in all, it was a really bad final. So many Spurs players had a bad game (delleAlli, Kane, Eriksen, Trippier etc). And Liverpool, other than the monumental van Dijk and the sure handed Allison, were not much to write home about either.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Funny that is the only crumb of comfort I can find this morning. Other than that last night is up there with the worst. I totally forgot how bad 05 was, yuk.
Don't worry - it's still 20 - 18 and that's more important.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
To be honest,I'm not bothered by Liverpool (or Spurs) winning the CL.
I was more disappointed that the game was awful,in all honesty.

Also,the league has always been my personal choice with regards to preference and I dont think that will ever change.
Agree with you 100% !

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I know Oxlade-Chamberlain has done well to come back from injury but he went straight into the Terry books of full kit wankerism last night.
Not surprising. He can join the rest of the full kit wankers. On my way to work this morning I saw two FKW in full Liverpool regalia. One just getting out Of a car and the other a few mins later outside the hospital smoking a tab. This is at 6:30 in the morning as well.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Average match, played alright up until the final 3rd then looked limp. Handball killed us and we were always facing an uphill battle. Liverpool were crap, they looked nervous and kept hoofing the ball away.

Feels a bit meh in the end, obviously disappointing to lose but did well to get there in th first place. Some of those players have played their last match for Spurs I feel, just need the man upstairs to back the manager.

Congrats Liverpool.

singhters

@Ayush_reddevil

Are you kidding me the only time I’d go to anfield is to watch Utd play there or to take a number 1 or number 2.

Fake Utd fan go support someone else ffs I’ve heard it all.
Average match, played alright up until the final 3rd then looked limp. Handball killed us and we were always facing an uphill battle. Liverpool were crap, they looked nervous and kept hoofing the ball away.

Feels a bit meh in the end, obviously disappointing to lose but did well to get there in th first place. Some of those players have played their last match for Spurs I feel, just need the man upstairs to back the manager.

Congrats Liverpool.
Kane cost you if moura played from the start I think you would have won can’t believe he played Kane who wasn’t match fit.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
@Ayush_reddevil

Are you kidding me the only time I’d go to anfield is to watch Utd play there or to take a number 1 or number 2.

Fake Utd fan go support someone else ffs I’ve heard it all.

Kane cost you if moura played from the start I think you would have won can’t believe he played Kane who wasn’t match fit.
I've heard this argument so many times this morning and honestly it's so boring. The game didn't hinge on whether Kane starts or not and had we lost if Lucas was on the pitcj which was a real possibility then people would just reverse the argument and he'd be criticised fir not starting Kane, even more so.

Crimson King

Not surprising. He can join the rest of the full kit wankers. On my way to work this morning I saw two FKW in full Liverpool regalia. One just getting out Of a car and the other a few mins later outside the hospital smoking a tab. This is at 6:30 in the morning as well.
I missed the game because I was down in Brighton on a night out with friends.

Full kit wankers everywhere, for a minute I thought I'd got on the wrong train and ended up in scouseland, except no one was actually a scouser.

They're an awful bunch, no matter where they come from it seems.

PaulRich

The histrionics of the semi final will go down in folk lore but lets not forget they got table ended in their 3 away group games and very nearly didn't get to the later rounds. They've ridden their luck to some tune this season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hmm, do I risk banning with my next witty comment? Nah I'll leave it. :cool:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

I'm pissed tbh. Getting there was fantastic but then to put in such a shit performance (lacking in any desire or concentration when we got in to good areas) was totally unacceptable.

Personally I think despite what he'll say in the press Pochettino will be very disappointed in his players for last night. It was a fantastic opportunity completely wasted. Liverpool were utter dirt and for us to allow them to win 2-0 despite that is so, so shit.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'm pissed tbh. Getting there was fantastic but then to put in such a shit performance (lacking in any desire or concentration when we got in to good areas) was totally unacceptable.

Personally I think despite what he'll say in the press Pochettino will be very disappointed in his players for last night. It was a fantastic opportunity completely wasted. Liverpool were utter dirt and for us to allow them to win 2-0 despite that is so, so shit.
I think both teams suffered from the long break.

I don't get why the Prem didn't have a winter break in January to put the end of the English season closer to the cup finals.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yeah, I’m obviously generalising a lot there. It was there for the taking, I think Moura should have started over Kane though, he always takes a while to get match fit after injury and he looked nowhere near it.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think both teams suffered from the long break.

I don't get why the Prem didn't have a winter break in January to put the end of the English season closer to the cup finals.
True. It was a really flat game in general, and neither side could get their combination plays right.

Made for a really poor spectacle. Either way you probably win (you're obviously the much better side) but at least if we both play to our potential it's an entertaining match.

But despite that, I do think the biggest issue for us was nerves in the final third.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
True. It was a really flat game in general, and neither side could get their combination plays right.

Made for a really poor spectacle. Either way you probably win (you're obviously the much better side) but at least if we both play to our potential it's an entertaining match.

But despite that, I do think the biggest issue for us was nerves in the final third.
Commiserations to you; I also feel really bad for Son, it'd have been nice for him to get a winner's medal (he's such a likeable guy).

I do think Kane was really out of it. Shouldn't have started in the first place. Moura would've caused us a lot more problems, I think.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

You're better without Kane. You're probably gonna disagree, and I'm sure you pay way more attention than I do to Spurs. Whenever I watch you I feel like he slows you down. Have a free flowing front 4 of Lucas, Son, Eriksen & Alli and I think you look much better.

Starting Winks was a baffling move to. Biggest game in your history and you start 2 players who have missed months with injuries. Poor game from Poch. Wanyama and Lucas should have started.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You're better without Kane. You're probably gonna disagree, and I'm sure you pay way more attention than I do to Spurs. Whenever I watch you I feel like he slows you down. Have a free flowing front 4 of Lucas, Son, Eriksen & Alli and I think you look much better.

Starting Winks was a baffling move to. Biggest game in your history and you start 2 players who have missed months with injuries. Poor game from Poch. Wanyama and Lucas should have started.
I do disagree, when Kane is fit and firing we're much better with him. Debatable whether that was the case tonight but when he's on it that's when we play our best football. We've played plenty of games with the free flowing attack you mention and played dismally - vs West Ham, Brighton, Bournemouth etc that was pretty much the lineup.

Winks was very good, the mistake was taking him off. Wanyama is broken and we don't really have other options.