Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I would too but then I draw myself back to my fears before the 2028 final where your energetic midfield looked like it might overrun the pedestrian Madrid one but Kroos and Modric’s technical ability shone through in the end. There are four more years in those legs now, however, but I’d still be tempted if I was Ancelotti that they can repeat the trick on Saturday.
You from the future?
sorry for being pedantic, just having some fun.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
If we can hang on the first half even or losing by just one goal we might have a chance, otherwise I think Liverpool can stomp us and liquidate us in the first minutes.

NoPace

If we can hang on the first half even or losing by just one goal we might have a chance, otherwise I think Liverpool can stomp us and liquidate us in the first minutes.
Is Kroos expected to start? Seems like they'd be mad to play him over Camavinga or just using Valverde and playing Rodrigo to start on the right. Feels like you'll risk getting overrun if he's out there, and it's not like he can't come on at the hour mark when everyone's a bit tired.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So with more news coming out it seems the midfields will be Modric, Kroos, Casemiro versus Fabinho, Thiago, Keita.

Tough to leave Camavinga and Henderson out but they will play a part later. What's the opinions on the above then?

I didn't watch Real's games against City and Chelsea but I do know Kroos and Modric can kill an opposing team in a few seconds. However how they run around for the rest of the seconds/minutes remains to be seen.

the_cliff

So with more news coming out it seems the midfields will be Modric, Kroos, Casemiro versus Fabinho, Thiago, Keita.

Tough to leave Camavinga and Henderson out but they will play a part later. What's the opinions on the above then?

I didn't watch Real's games against City and Chelsea but I do know Kroos and Modric can kill an opposing team in a few seconds. However how they run around for the rest of the seconds/minutes remains to be seen.
Kroos's recent form is a worry tbh. From Madrid's standpoint. I'd prefer Camavinga, Modric and Casemiro starting in midfield.

Valverde will defo play rw in my opinion to help Carvajal against Salah.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Kroos's recent form is a worry tbh. From Madrid's standpoint. I'd prefer Camavinga, Modric and Casemiro starting in midfield.

Valverde will defo play rw in my opinion to help Carvajal against Salah.
Salah plays down the other wing though, Vini's side. Vini will have to help out the LB if Liverpool are likely to have the majority of possession.

the_cliff

Salah plays down the other wing though, Vini's side. Vini will have to help out the LB if Liverpool are likely to have the majority of possession.
Yeah true, my mistake. That's an interesting one to see what Madrid will do as Vini isn't the best defensively.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

Kroos is the weak link for us, Casemiro is 50/50. You never know what version of him you’re gonna get. Modric will be our best. I think Valverde will play on RW (on paper) and rush up and down. Kroos will probably be subbed for Camavinga around 60-70 (depending on score etc.)

I think your best bet will be pressing high, especially when we try to build out from the righthand side with Militao and Carvajal. A lot of issues there for us.

From our pov it is hard to think of anything else than countering when TAA and Robertson are up on our half. Vinicius and Benzema will need a bit of magic.

I’m not expexting Klopp to do this but it would be a mistake of trying to sit deep and hit us on the counter. I think we could handle that better than being pressed all the way up. Should be an interesting game.

Josh 76

This comment must have been saved as a draft in 2019.

Our last 6 games, we went behind in the 3th, 13th, 3th and 3th minute (Villarreal, Villa, Soton and Wolves). That's not really what we do anymore.
Didn’t you beat City in the FA cup semi final playing with high intensity in the first half ?
Thats been your best performance of late.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Michael Owen: “Liverpool is better than Madrid and can destroy them. My prediction is 3-1 or 3-0. I think they can beat them convincingly. They are an exceptional team and they are too good for Real Madrid”.

Jamie Carragher: "I just think if Liverpool were playing Real Madrid in a one-off game, having their team and playing near their best, they'd win the game. I'm confident".

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Like it or not, we are going to witness a duel between the two biggest European clubs of all time in terms of Leagues/European Cup ratio.

I never thought Liverpool would get 7 titles (same as AC) before Bayern or Barca (with Messi).

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Like it or not, we are going to witness a duel between the two biggest European clubs of all time in terms of Leagues/European Cup ratio.

I never thought Liverpool would get 7 titles (same as AC) before Bayern or Barca (with Messi).
And I'm the opposite, I can't believe we were denied second (joint or otherwise) place for so many decades. This is LFC we're talking about. Not that we've won our seventh yet.

Either way Real and LFC combined will have 20 Champions League titles combined on Saturday (either 13-7 or 14-6). 20!! That's proper European Royalty.

Chelsea, Utd and City have 5 combined. :lol:

Giggs' right foot

And I'm the opposite, I can't believe we were denied second (joint or otherwise) place for so many decades. This is LFC we're talking about. Not that we've won our seventh yet.

Either way Real and LFC combined will have 20 Champions League titles combined on Saturday (either 13-7 or 14-6). 20!! That's proper European Royalty.

You shouldn't kick one when they're down and buried in our case

Pretzels81

Not Salty…

Utd, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Arsenal.

matt10000

I would too but then I draw myself back to my fears before the 2018 final where on paper your energetic midfield looked like it might overrun the pedestrian Madrid one but Kroos and Modric’s technical ability shone through in the end. There are four more years in those legs now, however, but I’d still be tempted if I was Ancelotti that they can repeat the trick on Saturday.
They just don't make time machines like they will do.........

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They should make him wear it during defensive drills. Figure out what neurological anomaly occurs on that side of the half-way line. ;)
I think Trent’s one on one defensive weakness is overstated personally. I’ve seen him do well fairly often this season in that scenario.

His biggest weakness is being caught high up the pitch when we’re attacking. Robertson has the legs to get back but Alexander-Arnold doesn’t and so we end up open on that side.

It’s why I’d be tempted to play Konate. He’s faster and more imposing than Matip and would be able to handle being drawn out wide better. He does have an occasional mistake in him though like we saw against Wolves on Sunday.

Sounds like Thiago is looking positive so I think we’ll start like this:

Alisson; TAA, Konate/Matip, VVD, Robertson; Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson; Salah, Mane, Diaz.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I cannot help but try to imagine my chess pieces are the football players that will be involved in the final on Saturday.

Vinicius (bishop), Modric (knight) and Benzema (queen) threaten at this very same moment TAA (rook) and Matip (pawn) positions and I can assure you something: it is not looking good for Liverpool.

If I was a scouser I would try to find an alternative plan for this weekend.

USREDEVIL

I'll be praying to the football gods that Madrid takes this. If Benzema is on point, they have a good chance. Their team is starting to really gel.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We need Casemiro to take out VvD, Mane and Salah in one swift move. Injuring two and somehow getting VvD red carded.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I cannot help but try to imagine my chess pieces are the football players that will be involved in the final on Saturday.

Vinicius (bishop), Modric (knight) and Benzema (queen) threaten at this very same moment TAA (rook) and Matip (pawn) positions and I can assure you something: it is not looking good for Liverpool.

Are you at all concerned that you’ve lost more CL games than we’ve lost in all competitions this season?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

No one has mentioned the king yet. No not Salah.

Mane was pushed to central striker and scored in the last final against Madrid. This season, with Diaz taking his spot, Mane has been pushed central again. I read somewhere that in his last 13 games he has scored 12 goals. Quietly deadly.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm kind of tempted to pop over to Liverpool for this match and watch it with a few of my mates in a pub. Their last final was one of the few games I've ever wanted them to actually win so I kind of enjoyed the sickening celebratings after. This time my motives would be different and I'd hope to see plenty of scouse tears la.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No one has mentioned the king yet. No not Salah.

Mane was pushed to central striker and scored in the last final against Madrid. This season, with Diaz taking his spot, Mane has been pushed central again. I read somewhere that in his last 13 games he has scored 12 goals. Quietly deadly.
Yeah Mane’s been quietly going about his business up top whilst Salah’s goals dried up. Diaz will carry a lot of threat as well. I think he’ll be up against Carvajal?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is probably the last time Madrid will be in the CL final for the next few years. Here is hoping they end off with a bang

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Christ it’s two days away and I’m bricking it already.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Why Keita over Henderson. I think he’s completely shite and Henderson is miles better, he’s a clear weak link in your side whenever he plays and I watch.