Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why Keita over Henderson. I think he’s completely shite and Henderson is miles better, he’s a clear weak link in your side whenever he plays and I watch.
Same was said about Thiago on here for a lonnnng time. Until people started realising they were wrong, many months later.

Keita's pressing and use of the ball is infinitely better than Henderson's. It's the likes of Keita being available that's seen us nearly win the quadruple, reaching three finals en route. It's not a criticism of Hendo, but Hendo doesn't possess the footballing ability of Keita. The only issue has always been injuries which he's finally (!) avoided.

Paul_Scholes18

This game is easy to predict. Liverpool to win on pens again.

The only question is does it end 0-0 or 1-1?

FergiesBoot

Same was said about Thiago on here for a lonnnng time. Until people started realising they were wrong, many months later.

Keita's pressing and use of the ball is infinitely better than Henderson's. It's the likes of Keita being available that's seen us nearly win the quadruple, reaching three finals en route. It's not a criticism of Hendo, but Hendo doesn't possess the footballing ability of Keita. The only issue has always been injuries which he's finally (!) avoided.
In high pressure games he constantly gives the ball away and has been pulled off numerous times because of it. He's fine when playing vs league dross advanced up the pitch a bit or when you have a solid lead but if he were to start against Madrid I'd heavily favour Liverpool to lose the midfield battle and ultimately the game. He has shown nothing injured or not that makes me change my view that he is a liability for Liverpool. Out of all the big money signings they've made in recent years he's been the worst by a considerable distance. He lacks the mentality to compete at the top level imo.

Both Thiago and Fabinho look like they'll start and along with Henderson that's the strongest midfield you can put out by a mile imo, I'd even favour Milner over Keita in the final.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Why? They have a good team and will make good signings. Going absolutely nowhere.
The team is very old, they missed out on key signings as well. Seems like a final dance for this Madrid squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

Michael Owen: “Liverpool is better than Madrid and can destroy them. My prediction is 3-1 or 3-0. I think they can beat them convincingly. They are an exceptional team and they are too good for Real Madrid”.

Jamie Carragher: "I just think if Liverpool were playing Real Madrid in a one-off game, having their team and playing near their best, they'd win the game. I'm confident".
Liverpool might win, but I'd be stunned if they won by more than 1 goal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Christ it’s two days away and I’m bricking it already.
I was more nervous about Spurs in 2019. We hadn’t won anything under Klopp, or a trophy of any kind since 2012 (and that was a League Cup). It felt like losing another final under Klopp would’ve been a disaster.

I’ll be disappointed if we lose this for sure, but not as devastated as I was in 2018 or when we lost the Europa final in 2016.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I was more nervous about Spurs in 2019. We hadn’t won anything under Klopp, or a trophy of any kind since 2012 (and that was a League Cup). It felt like losing another final under Klopp would’ve been a disaster.

I’ll be disappointed if we lose this for sure, but not as devastated as I was in 2018 or when we lost the Europa final in 2016.
Looking forward to the match, you could bury us if you take your early chances, which i have no doubt you will get a few of.

On the other hand, leave us hanging in there...things may turn around.
I'd say 60/40 to you overall though, considering you got all your midfielders back just in time.

Particulary interested in seeing how far TAA dares go forward though, considering the threat of Vinicius at the counter, he might be the player of yours i fear the most when you go forward, he is a briliant passer and crosser.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

I thought we were gonna lose the last time against RM. We just weren’t there yet so I wasn’t destroyed. After winning two cups with the team we had and coming so close to the league losing this would hurt a lot. You’re right about Spurs though, losing that would have really set us back. The good news is we have such a history in this tournament I feel we always have a shot to win it in any year but 7 just sounds really really good doesn’t it?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

I agree but you just know he’s going to start Henderson.

Bondi77

Looking forward to the match, you could bury us if you take your early chances, which i have no doubt you will get a few of.

On the other hand, leave us hanging in there...things may turn around.
I'd say 60/40 to you overall though, considering you got all your midfielders back just in time.

Particulary interested in seeing how far TAA dares go forward though, considering the threat of Vinicius at the counter, he might be the player of yours i fear the most when you go forward, he is a briliant passer and crosser.
You two should get a room!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Imagine the score line if our current United team took on Madrid. Maguire would be cupping his ears in celebration after a successful clearance - about the only joy we'd see.

In all seriousness, Liverpool and Real will be close but I'd say Real have just enough to edge it

Lost bear

I thought we were gonna lose the last time against RM. We just weren’t there yet so I wasn’t destroyed. After winning two cups with the team we had and coming so close to the league losing this would hurt a lot. You’re right about Spurs though, losing that would have really set us back. The good news is we have such a history in this tournament I feel we always have a shot to win it in any year but 7 just sounds really really good doesn’t it?
No.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
real madrid to be champion odds 2.65

can't get much better value than that

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I get your point but he’s completely different to Thiago for me who is a genuine world class player. Every time I’ve watched you this season I think Keita looks your worst player. I’m sure his energy is useful I just think he looks incredibly wasteful and error prone. I’d target him big time if I was madrid manager.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The team is very old, they missed out on key signings as well. Seems like a final dance for this Madrid squad.
Nah I don’t see it. Benzema has a couple more years in him. Then they have a really good young core coming through in Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavingha, Valverde, Militao, Mendy. That’s a good building point and if they can add a couple more pieces they will continue to challenge. Think you’re underrating some of their players.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The RM 'core' has a few old people in it (Kroos, Modric, Benzema) but the rest are almost all 30 or under except Nacho. More than half of the starters from the 3-CL winning team have been sold or don't play anymore, with most of them being 30+ (Ramos, Ronaldo, Navas, Bale, Isco, Varane).

It's more an unbalanced team where the players are either near the end of their careers, or early into them. Could use a few 26-27 year olds.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What's his record against Liverpool? I don't recall him scoring many against them in a Chelsea shirt.
18 games, 7 goals, 2 assists (2 games and 1 goals out of that for Lille)

Very good record against a side like Liverpool including at least two absolutely cracking goals.

Obviously that was then, Liverpool are better and Hazard is worse.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Quite right. The new Chelsea owners will be celebrating as well with the bonus payment they'll be getting from Real Madrid.
Win win situation

Hopefully enough consolation after your sudden collapse a few rounds back.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Pity Sergio Ramos is not around but the greatest team in the history of football should waltz this with the asthma pills. :D