Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

This is an absolutely magical performance from Neymar mixed with the worst finishing I've ever witnessed. Like Atalanta a lot but I enjoy watching incredible players like Neymar, another early exit would be such a waste.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Icardi just isn’t as aggressive as Cavani in attacking the balls across the 6-yard-box. Imagine the Uruguayan would have a couple so far.
In a CL knock out game for PSG? Not a chance.

James Peril

Neymar the best player on the pitch by far, until the last touch... very strange. He can turn this game around in the second half all alone... if he changes boots.. L is obviously on R and vice versa.

KC91

PSG played a lot better in that last 10 minutes. Hard to see them not scoring here, have to feel Atalanta have another goal or two in them as well though.

90 + 5min

All credit to Atalanta. Playing their own style and not changing tactics because they are up against PSG with all their players.

A big concern about Tunchel and his ability to coach. He is often brought up (together with Pochetino and Nagelsmann) to be ultimate manager for us. Tunchel have shown today and in previous years (not incuding onesided French League) that he has long way to go to even be talked as a very good manager. IF they go out today I wouldn't be suprised that PSG hierarchy will be looking at future and questions will be raised if Tunchel is the man to take them further in Champions League.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Neymar has to score the first chance but the one in the 42 minute he doesn't. He's clearly their best player, nothing to see from Icardi or the other ones. Fingers crossed it stays this way but i can see Mbappe coming on early. :nervous:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Struggle to believe PSG can be that wasteful for another 45 minutes. Atalanta need couple more goals minimum to be in comfortable winning position.

Eddy_JukeZ

Neymar excellent until he has to finish.

Similar to his 2016-2017 season at Barcelona.

Verratti is a big miss for them.

How fit is Mbappe?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We just need a Kyky hat trick in the second half. :angel:

RoyH1

So if Atalanta win, Poch to PSG?
If he's in it for the money, why not? He'll win a couple of french leagues and be in the wings for when the Madrid job becomes available again.

redom

Neymar must be a nightmare to play against when he's motivated like this, luckily for Atalanta he's been equally bad with his finishing so far.

Lyricist

Neymar has to score the first chance but the one in the 42 minute he doesn't. He's clearly their best player, nothing to see from Icardi or the other ones. Fingers crossed it stays this way but i can see Mbappe coming on early. :nervous:
Was that the one from the bad backpass? Sorry, but he has to score, the goalkeeper isn't even positioned well.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually dont think Atalanta were that good, they looked very open and let PSG run at them in open space.
Need to do better in the 2nd half, or they`ll concede.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Champions league should continue this single match knockout format.

Very fun to watch as players can give everything in a single 90min without worrying about the next leg. Would give smaller teams a chance to win. I realize there’s tons of money being made from 2nd legs but still.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I really like Atalanta. This is only the third game where I see them playing but still. Really going for it. No nonsense and quick passing. Hope they can keep that going.
Don‘t see their players standing around like ours do it way to often in my opinion.
Do they have heat excuse, like us, or not?

Red00012

Very fun to watch as players can give everything in a single 90min without worrying about the next leg. Would give smaller teams a chance to win. I realize there’s tons of money being made from 2nd legs but still.
Ya but we’d never ever play a Knockout game at OT again

fps

This is an absolutely magical performance from Neymar mixed with the worst finishing I've ever witnessed. Like Atalanta a lot but I enjoy watching incredible players like Neymar, another early exit would be such a waste.
Yes he’s been incredible and yet terrible, it’s been so weird.

mu4c_20le

Hmm I thought it was the usual from him, clearly he's a level above everyone else on the field. But he looks.....old

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Atalanta is a bit out of its depth at this level but PSG is gassed and thinner on the bench, this makes the second half pretty even imho, even more with advantage Atalanta.

redom

Atalanta also picked up a couple of yellows down their left side towards the end of the half, wouldn't be surprised to see Neymar target them in the second.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

I'm also liking this single match format. The first of two legs always feels a bit meh, knowing there'll be a return.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Atalanta needs another goal if they're going to keep playing so high. Can't imagine PSG not scoring with Mbappe coming in