Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just having to mute this fecking game.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Neymar is either going to score a worldy or get sent off this game

Fredrik.A

Hope they win this for the beautiful city of Bergamo after all the hardship they been through.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Just muted mine. Sure people are dying and starving across the world today but knowing there was a goal 5 seconds before I saw it is just too much.

fps

LOVE single leg ties, this is so much better than two legged Champions League matches. It’s also fairer - this is the format for the final, so should be for the rest of the knockouts.

Bojan11

All that money and PSG midfield is plain average without Verratti.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Neymar has been ChelseaPSG's biggest threat so far. He's thriving in his free role even though he had that terrible miss at the start. The rest of the team, however, are leaving the front 2 of Icardi and Neymar isolated. They are badly missing di Maria and Verratti's passing range, vision, and creativity.

Last edited:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Atalanta are seriously impressive.

Guy Incognito

LOVE single leg ties, this is so much better than two legged Champions League matches. It’s also fairer - this is the format for the final, so should be for the rest of the knockouts.
Yep, it's more exciting. Lots more at stake.

PoTMS

Neymar has been Chelsea's biggest threat so far. He's thriving in his free role even though he had that terrible miss at the start. The rest of the team, however, are leaving the front 2 of Icardi and Neymar isolated. They are badly missing di Maria and Verratti's passing range, vision, and creativity.
They really do own all the players.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I was wondering today whether UEFA are considering this format long-term. I have to say, I’d be in favour of it although it would eat into the summer schedule every year, which I doubt they’d favour.

It’s brilliant so far, both in the Champions League and the Europa.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Neymar has been Chelsea's biggest threat so far. He's thriving in his free role even though he had that terrible miss at the start. The rest of the team, however, are leaving the front 2 of Icardi and Neymar isolated. They are badly missing di Maria and Verratti's passing range, vision, and creativity.
:lol:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Probably earn them less ad revenue though, so I doubt we'd see it again in the future

BootsyCollins

I agree. Talked about this with my son the other day and we both would love if the CL and EL playoffs was like this every year. Just with audience.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I was wondering today whether UEFA are considering this format long-term. I have to say, I’d be in favour of it although it would eat into the summer schedule every year, which I doubt they’d favour.

No way, that would be one less match per round and probably lose everyone a ton of money.

Toni Roncoroni

I really like Atalanta. This is only the third game where I see them playing but still. Really going for it. No nonsense and quick passing. Hope they can keep that going.
Don‘t see their players standing around like ours do it way to often in my opinion.

Guy Incognito

I think the money factor is why they are probably against single leg ties.

The longer the teams are in the competition, more money they can generate. That's probably why they haven't done away with the group stage format.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
PSG are playing into Atalanta's hands by having so many defensive players in their midfield. The majority of the team barely wants to commit themselves forward, including Bernat, and it allows Atalanta to regain their shape and press them.

Even when PSG counter, Atalanta are quick to bring bodies back and regain their shape. Their best bet in getting back into the match is in the 2nd half when Atalanta will tire out presumably.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think the money factor is why they are probably against single leg ties.

The longer the teams are in the competition, more money they can generate. That's probably why they haven't done away with the group stage format.
Also they want the big boys through, this format although I am really enjoying it, could lead to upsets. The smaller teams with smaller squads suffer over two games.

mu4c_20le

Atalanta need to stop committing silly fouls. I can see PSG scoring from a set piece

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I agree. Talked about this with my son the other day and we both would love if the CL and EL playoffs was like this every year. Just with audience.
I go see live football since the late 70ies,regularly since 1992. All of the most memorable matches I've witnessed were CL knockout stage return matches. There is *nothing in football* that comes close to the feeling when your team just came back from a bad fist leg to go through and you as a supporter in the stands have contributed. Go away :D