Champions League | Matchday 5

Swordsman

City were just incredible. I don't usually watch other teams, and definitely have never watched City, but I watched from 30 minutes onwards and couldn't believe how good they were.

Them v Us is like World Champions v Sunday League.

They were superb.
They always self choke at critical moment and pep overthink/overtinkering at times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City the much better team. Basically that. PSG have better players. Armstrong was saying they dont work hard enough though.
City have great players and a great team. Psg just have great players (and not even the squad to match).

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Just a poor attempt at a joke: when juicy draws are made in cup competitions then conspiracy theorists say the cup organisers have heated certain balls so the guys making the draw know which ones to select to make the match the organisers want to generate maximum interest. Here UEFA will so desperately want us to draw PSG for our recent history with them, for Messi vs. Ronaldo, for the Poch angle, maybe even Ramos vs. Varane if they're not both injured, that they will heat the ball so much that the poor guy drawing the ball will burn himself.

As I said, poor joke, but I do think we will draw PSG now that we've won our group and they've finished second.

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
Messi, Neymar and Mbappe have been embarrassing.
I think they need to cash in on one of them, as it would take a very top tier coach to be able to bench any of the front three. And the one to go for me would be Neymar, just not worth the hype, doesn’t contribute enough to be guaranteed a starting spot.

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
Ten Hag > Poch
I personally don’t see the fuss about Poch. He is a great guy, but I don’t see a pattern of play that makes him that. He also isn’t ruthless enough.

Real Name

The state of Mbappe, Neymar and Messi yesterday. 7 other of their teammates were defending, yet they were strolling around without a worry in the world. No wonder City had it easy and if anything they should have won by a bigger margin.

Chaky_Best

We already know some of the teams we will face in the next round in Feb : (in the order I don't want them to face)

PSG
Real or Inter (not decided)
Porto, Atletico or Milan (not decided)
Juve
Benfica or Barca (more probably Benfica)
Sporting

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They still should have gotten our of that group!
Illustrates their massive reliance on Haaland, they had lots of the ball but just no one to target their passes to.

I can't remember the last time Dortmund actually looked convincing in a win, they've been scrapping through small victories and bad loses for months now.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sporting, Porto and Benfica all in the knockouts would be insane and ir seems completely possible.

Benfica fecking it up after that Seferovic miss would make my year though.
Porto-Atletico will be feisty to put it mildly, that’s a must-watch game.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They still should have gotten our of that group!
There is some truth to that, but it's not like this was a massive bottle job either. They won their first two games against Besiktas and Sporting, then came the match in Amsterdam, which was unacceptable, but in general Ajax are in great shape and losing at their homeground is something that can happen, just not by 4 goals. Then in the return game Dortmund started as the better team, but got shafted by that early red card for Hummels and then we're already talking about the game yesterday, where they didn't play great football, but Sporting had absolutely no idea what to do, aside from parking the bus, until Schulz and Pongracic (who naturally only played because several of their team mates were injured / suspended) collaborated for an epic brain fart and then a beautiful long shot from Goncalves on top of it, then another red card that was a bit random and a penalty given away by Zagadou, who had played four minutes of Bundesliga football this season, before he came on.

Cloud7

We are definitely drawing PSG in the next round. There's no way UEFA can resist the Messi vs Ronaldo showdown at different clubs