Champions League | Matchday 6

GMoore23

Guardiola just proving that no player is more important than a quality manager.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Eventhough Dortmund had injury problems, it was a very balanced performance from Sporting. Dortmund hardly had a sniff.

Is he a more attacking manager and adjusted for Dortmund?
More defensive. His sides are very clinical.

Many games won last and this season by 1 goal.

He loves the 5-2-3

ti vu

Don't think you can judge Poch on this, that front 3 is so unbelievably lazy. Plus, don't think his heart is in it
I don't know how about those games against weaker Ligue 1 opposition, but this game, Neymar did put some heart into running hard this game. He just had a meh game for his standard though. Mbappe is lazier now than in the past for PSG, but perhaps his head and heart is elsewhere already.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Quite the tedious group stages this year. Everything just about decided before the penultimate fixtures.

KeanoMagicHat

Fantastic performance by City, really outplayed PSG. PSG played in a few bursts but overall from general play are miles off the big English 3 and Bayern. The front 3 give them a chance but also take away as a cohesive unit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There'll be clubs looking at Dortmund and the likes of Bellingham (who we've been linked with) and Haaland now that they're out of the Champions League.

bakalhau

- Amorim wins league title with Sporting for the first time in 19 years breaking the Porto/Benfica dominance

- wins league cup in back to back season 1 in Braga and 1 in Sporting

- Wins super cup with Sporting

- ++ record vs Benfica and Porto

- qualifies Sporting to the R16 tor only the second time and the first since 08

- He is only 36 years old
I'm a Benfica fan, and when Varandas bought out Amorim, I said to my father who has been a lifelong sócio, "we should have gotten him instead". He laughed me off.

I'm not joking when I say I wouldn't mind seeing him in United now.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Fantastic performance by City, really outplayed PSG. PSG played in a few bursts but overall from general play are miles off the big English 3 and Bayern. The front 3 give them a chance but also take away as a cohesive unit.
Very good post and spot on. I was at the game and City were just brilliant. Rodri, Bernardo and Cancelo are playing amazing football.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool pissing a difficult group. Could definitely win it again this year.

KingCavani

Whatever with the pressing stats, I'm almost certain that Ronaldo remains the busier of the two players (at least on tonight's showing).
It’s not even close. Ronaldo runs almost 2km more per match. Messi is just about laziest player in football - Not just because of the lack of distance but he just spends so much time walking. He went about 4-5 straight minutes tonight where he didn't so much as jog. He only really ups the intensity unless the ball is about a metre away. There is absolutely no comparison to Ronaldo, who is alive and moving for any attack.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/players/95803/statistics/?iv=true&ivReturnUrl=/uefachampionsleague/performancezone/

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/players/63706--cristiano-ronaldo/statistics/

It’s hilarious how you constantly hear the narrative that Ronaldo’s lack of pressing hurts United while Messi gets away with this shit. Not once mentioned by the pundits or commentators when he’s blatantly not even showing for his teammates. If it is called out then it's always the three collectively but never him alone.

It’s been going on for years too. Do people think it was a coincidence that Barcelona would get routinely destroyed away at big teams? It's hard to carry passengers at that level and PSG have three of them, although Neymar is less guilty than the other two.

In the CL, Messi covers 5.3 miles per 90 min, Ronaldo averages 3.7 miles per 90 min
What? Where are you getting those numbers?

UEFA's official site show Ronaldo running 9.7km per game to Messi's 8.2km. Not that you'd need the stats. Ronaldo looks like a coked up Road Runner compared to Messi.

Swordsman

I can't predict which 2 teams from Group G can qualify for knockout stage.

Also It's Interesting to see who will qualify as runner up for Group B.

Benfica will have themselves to blame for if they failed to qualify for knockout stage, that last min missed sitter against Barcelona was absolutely shocking.

Waynne

I'd like for teams to press City high up the pitch and not give them so much time on the ball.

PSG especially the front 3 were very poor. Messi seemed to stroll about all game. Very strange to see the ball moving so slowly as well between them.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
It’s not even close. Ronaldo runs almost 2km more per match. Messi is just about laziest player in football - Not just because of the lack of distance but he just spends so much time walking. He went about 4-5 straight minutes tonight where he didn't so much as jog. He only really ups the intensity unless the ball is about a metre away. There is absolutely no comparison to Ronaldo, who is alive and moving for any attack.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/players/95803/statistics/?iv=true&ivReturnUrl=/uefachampionsleague/performancezone/

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/players/63706--cristiano-ronaldo/statistics/

It’s hilarious how you constantly hear the narrative that Ronaldo’s lack of pressing hurts United while Messi gets away with this shit. Not once mentioned by the pundits or commentators when he’s blatantly not even showing for his teammates. If it is called out then it's always the three collectively but never him alone.

It’s been going on for years too. Do people think it was a coincidence that Barcelona would get routinely destroyed away at big teams? It's hard to carry passengers at that level and PSG have three of them, although Neymar is less guilty than the other two.

What? Where are you getting those numbers?

UEFA's official site show Ronaldo running 9.7km per game to Messi's 8.2km. Not that you'd need the stats. Ronaldo looks like a coked up Road Runner compared to Messi.
The source is a bit outdated so it's probably off.

But the average for Ronaldo on the Uefa website is somewhat off. 38.9/5 = 7.8 km per game, so he's still behind Messi in distance covered per game. I'm actually surprised that they're both managing to hit around 8 km per game given how they've been playing.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I fear whomever will be doing the draw for the next round is going to get a rather nasty burn when they pull the PSG ball out to face United :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I’ve watched the highlights to the game maybe 50x and it keeps getting better.

My left arm is astronomically stronger then my right arm now

KingCavani

The source is a bit outdated so it's probably off.

But the average for Ronaldo on the Uefa website is somewhat off. 38.9/5 = 7.8 km per game, so he's still behind Messi in distance covered per game. I'm actually surprised that they're both managing to hit around 8 km per game given how they've been playing.
Nah it just hasn’t updated the distance stats yet as the game was only yesterday. They haven’t changed since I looked at it earlier when still said 4 games.

They’re almost identical to his Euros stats too.

Ronaldo does run and with a fair bit of intensity but only when his team’s in possession.

Stig

City were just incredible. I don't usually watch other teams, and definitely have never watched City, but I watched from 30 minutes onwards and couldn't believe how good they were.

Them v Us is like World Champions v Sunday League.

They were superb.

Swordsman

City were just incredible. I don't usually watch other teams, and definitely have never watched City, but I watched from 30 minutes onwards and couldn't believe how good they were.

Them v Us is like World Champions v Sunday League.

They were superb.
They always self choke at critical moment and pep overthink/overtinkering at times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City the much better team. Basically that. PSG have better players. Armstrong was saying they dont work hard enough though.
City have great players and a great team. Psg just have great players (and not even the squad to match).