Champions League | Matchday 6

Matchday 1

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Blackwidow

Glad there is a conference option for the Champions League in German TV for Tuesday. With Lazio vs Dortmund, Chelsea vs Sevilla and Paris vs United there is 3 interesting matches and I would have difficulties to decide which of the matches I would want to watch.

pass.pass.pass

Some predictions.

Chelsea 1 Sevilla 3 (Sevilla to do a counter-attacking number on Frank)
PSG 1 United 2 (Rashford to do it at the death again, this time featuring Baby Neymar's tears on the pitch. ADM to share a beer post-match with Greenwood on Zoom.)
Lazio 2 Dortmund 0 (Sancho with two own-goals)
Bayern 1 Atletico 0 (Lewandowski volley)
Ajax 7 Liverpool 2 (Villa did this to them with VVD in the team. Imagine them without him)

Last edited:

Samid

They need to make better use of the early kickoff slot, shame that all the fun games are played at the same time.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Eduardo Camavinga against the Krasnodar Colossus Kristoffer Olsson is the midfield battle to look out for on this round.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some predictions.

Chelsea 1 Sevilla 3 (Sevilla to do a counter-attacking number on Frank)
PSG 1 United 2 (Rashford to do it at the death again, this time featuring Baby Neymar's tears on the pitch. ADM to share a beer post-match with Greenwood on Zoom.)
Lazio 2 Dortmund 0 (Sancho with two own-goals)
Bayern 1 Atletico 0 (Lewandowski volley)
Ajax 7 Liverpool 2 (Villa did this to them with VVD in the team. Imagine them without him)
Makes you wonder how Everton didn't put eleventy-nine goals past us as well. I'm expecting a 10 goal drubbing on Saturday at home to Sheffield United too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sevilla have had a similar start to the season as Chelsea. Interesting test for us but if we play the preferred back 5, I hope our firepower up front will be too much for them.

4-2 Chelsea

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Aston Villa put 7 past them. Ajax can manage a few.
I hope we're not using the Villa game as a point of reference for our footballing ability over the whole season. We'll be bottom of the Lawrenson prediction league.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I hope we're not using the Villa game as a point of reference for our footballing ability over the whole season. We'll be bottom of the Lawrenson prediction league.
I'm using it as one point of reference for what this Liverpool team is capable of. They're the best team in the country but most certainly beatable. Especially without their no.1 goalie and also their best player.

Blackwidow

Michael Oliver is named as coach for Bayern - Atletico...

We Bayern fans fear for our players...

Spark

The sad thing is the sackless clown actually sent Gigi off for this, but not Pickford for smashing Van Dijk into 5 pieces.
Wasn't he the one that got headbutted by Hart a few years ago and did nothing?

Raredaredevil

Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Brugge
Dynamo Kiev vs Juventus
RB Leipzig
vs Istanbul Basaksehir
Rennes vs Krasnodar
Lazio vs Borussia Dortmund Draw
Chelsea vs Sevilla Draw
Paris Saint Germain vs Man Utd
Barcelona vs Ferencvaros
RB Salzburg vs Lokomotiv Moscow
Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Ajax vs Liverpool Draw
Man City vs Porto
Midtjylland vs Atlanta
Olympiacos
vs Marseille
Bayern Munich vs Atletico Madrid
Inter Milan vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

RashyForPM

He was VAR last night and didn't send Jimenez off for kicking Koch in the koch.
He’s a complete clown. This guy is seen as the best ref in the country remember.
Sending Buffon off was the best thing he ever did. Refs (including Oliver) take far too much shit from players.
Wasn't he the one that got headbutted by Hart a few years ago and did nothing?
Yeah and I wouldn’t mind that if he was consistent and also sent off players like Hart for literally nutting him, as Spark said. Instead, he takes shit off some but not others. Btw, emotions were running high. I mean, Buffon swore and stuff because he was about to be knocked out of the CL. He didn’t say anything personal as far as I’m aware. He didn’t cross the line, which for example Costa did when he told some Spanish ref ‘I shit on your mother’ in the Barca game in 2019. That was a red.

Santos J

They need to make better use of the early kickoff slot, shame that all the fun games are played at the same time.
Is it not because of the time difference for the Russian/Ukrainian teams? They'd be having 11PM kick offs from next week if they were in the late slot.

Samid

Is it not because of the time difference for the Russian/Ukrainian teams? They'd be having 11PM kick offs from next week if they were in the late slot.
That's part of the reason but those teams were always playing their home games early anyway. 2-3 years ago they changed the kickoff times and specifically added some interesting games to the early slot. But this season they've seemingly returned to only having Russian/Ukrainian/Turkish teams playing early.

TrustInOle

Sorry if this has been discussed before, or whether the idea wouldn't work due to format, but have we ever considered doing a Last Man Standing for the European competitions?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feel good CL story of the day: Pirlo against the manager who gave him his debut

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jesus Christ. Dynamo's #10 needs to be sent off for whatever abomination is going on with his hair

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Weirdest ridiculous goal ever in zenit-brugge :lol: