Champions League | Matchday 6

Lee565

With so many unpredictable shock scorelines already popping up in the domestic and European matches, plus the champions league group stage fixtures being played quicker than usual I think there will be 1 or 2 shock big name eliminations from the group stages this season.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
While I fully agree with you, I was really surprised by his Champions League stats.
In now 31 CL games he has 10 goals and 11 assists. Quite some scorers for a still quite young (24) winger. Maybe he just doesn't really bother anymore in our dead/one horse race/farmers league ;)
Even when he scored a goal here and there, he way more often than not made bad decisions with the ball and killed lots of promising attacks because of it. So many that they often outweighed his goal and assist stats in fact. Yesterday he played with purpose, confidence and versatility. If he can do that regularly, he'll turn into an absolute elite player. He's still got time, but he can't afford any more seasons derailed by injury.

Matchday 2

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

RashyForPM

Just realised our group is full of nonsense, fake teams. Sounds controversial but it’s true.

PSG - Founded in 1970, backed by Qatar.
RB - Founded in 2009, RB backed. They’d be in the 4th tier without them.
IB - Refounded in 2014, state backed. Accounts aren’t even released.

Only we have a semblance of history in this group, playing against teams who should honestly be nowhere near the CL.

Blackwidow

No matches worth watching on Tuesday, right?

It's a pity Juve-Barca clashes with our game, wanted to watch that one.
There is no real top match - but a lot that could be interesting.
Bayern plays in the early match - I think I will either watch the goal show or switch from Gladbach - Real, Atalanta - Ajax or Atletico - Salzburg, all could be tactically interesting.

Tomorrow it is Juve - Barcelona and United - Leipzig that could be the most interesting.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Whatever slight underdog chance Krasnodar had against Chelsea looks ruined now with the amount of injuries and cold/covid cases they have.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Just realised our group is full of nonsense, fake teams. Sounds controversial but it’s true.

PSG - Founded in 1970, backed by Qatar.
RB - Founded in 2009, RB backed. They’d be in the 4th tier without them.
IB - Refounded in 2014, state backed. Accounts aren’t even released.

Only we have a semblance of history in this group, playing against teams who should honestly be nowhere near the CL.
Why would being founded in 1970 contribute to making a team fake? It's half a century ago ffs.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
There is no real top match - but a lot that could be interesting.
Bayern plays in the early match - I think I will either watch the goal show or switch from Gladbach - Real, Atalanta - Ajax or Atletico - Salzburg, all could be tactically interesting.

Tomorrow it is Juve - Barcelona and United - Leipzig that could be the most interesting.
Atalanta - Ajax could be worth a watch, yes - I would expect goals there. Atletico/Real/City games get interesting only if they're trailing by half time or thereabouts, they might end up being very one sided.

Blackwidow

Atalanta - Ajax could be worth a watch, yes - I would expect goals there. Atletico/Real/City games get interesting only if they're trailing by half time or thereabouts, they might end up being very one sided.
They are even interesting as long it is a draw because everyone expects a win of them. If they have an early 2 goal lead I'm out...

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Erm
Erm this happened last week. Why would Chelsea's Premier League squad sheet of last week be posted in the Champions League thread a week later?

Sorry mate but this is old news and we all think big Pete is better than Kepa and younger than Willy. I would love to see him on the bench.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Disappointed by the starting lineup, but having Sané, Gnabry and Costa on the bench isn't that bad haha

kolli

If Fred could pass, Wan-Bissaka could cross and Pogba would do runs into the box, we could score goals like this against deep defences too

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shaktar have 9 Brazilians in their squad. Such a weird team.
Pretty sure the Ukrainian league only allows 4-6 foreign nationals in the first 11. I bet they must rotate a lot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Both Goreztka and Kimmich are 25 y.o. Expecting at least another 5 years of having the best CM pair in the world for Bayern by spending 0 millions.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Both Goreztka and Kimmich are 25 y.o. Expecting at least another 5 years of having the best CM pair in the world for Bayern by spending 0 millions.
They don't need to;sit back and wait for the best German talent to join.

PS: Kimmich wasn't on a free so they did have spend some thing

Jaxa

What's everyone watching tonight ? Games are a bit meh, leaning towards the Madrid game probably in case/hope of another upset

Inigo Montoya

What's everyone watching tonight ? Games are a bit meh, leaning towards the Madrid game probably in case/hope of another upset
I'd rather watch a Youth/U23 game.

I'll be on Netflix TBH

Inigo Montoya

You're right. Kimmich wasn't free. He cost about half James fee.
Don't what hold they have on other Bundesliga clubs but they never seem to spend a lot on talent internally. Spending 45-60mill for Sane seems an anomaly for them but that was from a foreign club

Raredaredevil

Is Klopp throwing this game away? No Salah, Mane, Firmino in the starting 11, this is basically their B team. No wonder Liverpool's odds went up drastically.