Champions League | Matchday 6

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Zenit should be annoyed with themselves that they've not equalised with the chances they've created.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting lineup by the look of it, James and Barkley at CM? Good to see Havertz made the bench, was concerned about injury last week.

Having the early kick off is really a pain! Hope to watch second half.
Looks more like James, Mount and Barkley in the midfield. Saul and CHO the wingbacks and Lukaku and Werner up front in a 352. Very interesting, and kind of disjointed so far, as you would expect.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
This is a complete failure of pointing technique, i blame lukaku, why wasn't he pointing people where to be?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Zenit are just running through our non-existent midfield. Should be 4-1 down.

TheLord

:lol:

Chelsea are at sixes and seven. All eleven players look out of form. I don't know what happened in just a few weeks!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
United would want Chelsea to win the group. Juventus look a decent last 16 draw.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Chelsea are at sixes and seven. All eleven players look out of form. I don't know what happened in just a few weeks!
They are playing a midfield/wing-back four of Saul, Barkley, James (central), and Hudson-Odoi. Feels like an unserious team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Injuries. Without at least two of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic we can't control a game.

We have Barkley, Saul and Sarr out there. CHO playing in an unfamiliar position James and Barkley in a weird double pivot. I'm not surprised by this game.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Chelsea finish 2nd, they could end up playing Bayern, Real or Ajax. But we all know they'd end up with the winner of Group G.

CraftySoAndSo

Bit late i know but couldn't believe the state of bbc 5live's commentary during the liverpool game last night. As during the red card frenzy in the porto game they thought that all 3 red cards had gone to atletico and the commentator even said that Wendell and Marchesin had been sent off and all of them had thought that atletico had gone down to 8 after Correa had gone as well!!!
What i find amazing is that the commentary team which included Pat Nevin and Neil Lennon didn't seem to know that Wendell and Marchesin play for porto not atletico and Marchesin is the back up goalkeeper. What topped it off though is no-one corrected them and they spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out what formation atletico could be playing with 8 men and astounded that atletico went on to score 2 more goals!!! Completely boggles the mind.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea finish 2nd, they could end up playing Bayern, Real or Ajax. But we all know they'd end up with the winner of Group G.
We've had rotten luck with our CL draws over the years. Don't confuse our luck in the FA Cup with this completion.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We've had rotten luck with our CL draws over the years. Don't confuse our luck in the FA Cup with this completion.
Oh yeah maybe I'm thinking of City then and their group stage luck?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good. I want them in the R16. Be interesting to see how much of last season was them being better and how much was fitness

Sviken

Good. I want them in the R16. Be interesting to see how much of last season was them being better and how much was fitness
You'll be sent packing, tbh. Real aren't at all convincing this season.

AltiUn

Chelsea? They're a very good outfit but not worth their hype. City and Liverpool are both clearly superior sides, in my view. They're the pinnacle of hard to beat and use that to tremendous effect, they remind me a bit of that Juventus side in the mid 2010s. I think the way they play lends itself very well to cup competitions.

AltiUn

Can Young Boys still get Europa or is that completely off the table?

PoTMS

Hopefully Chelsea get top spot. I'd fancy our chances against Juve.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s funny on here with Lukaku. You can just sense a severe amount of sobbing every time he scores.

Werner was fantastic there. He would start every match for me.Constant pressing and pressure with endless running in behind. If he was composed in front of goal he’d be absolutely lethal.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Malang Sarr is rather dodgy isn’t he? Positioning is bizarre.