Champions League | Matchday 6

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
All you Fred defenders I implore you to watch the PSG game and see how Veratti plays. As I type this, he just collected the ball from the defense on top of his own pk box, turned and broke the press and passed the ball forward. Something Fred rarely does successfully.

Withnail

All you Fred defenders I implore you to watch the PSG game and see how Veratti plays. As I type this, he just collected the ball from the defense on top of his own pk box, turned and broke the press and passed the ball forward. Something Fred rarely does successfully.
I don't think anyone is claiming Fred is on Verratti's level :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I don’t see much value in comparing Verratti and Fred. You are the only person even mentioning them in the same sentence.

(well, I suppose I have now too.)

Art

Art the artist
Verratti is arguably top 3 CMs in the world. Not sure anyone on here claims Fred is top quality. Will he ever be ? Don't think so either.

DarkXaero

You really gonna compare Fred to Verratti?? What's next, Dan James to Messi?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve watched PSG numerous times this season and am yet to see any of their front line score.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Is Mahrez wearing an invisibility cloak?

Art

Art the artist
Don't think there's any CM in the world that is as press resistant as Verratti is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
imagine mentioning Fred and Verratti in the same sentence:lol::lol::lol:

PoTMS

I don't think the ardent of Fred supporters would dare compare the two.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the point @NinjaZombie was making is that’s the kind of central midfielder we want and need.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You really gonna compare Fred to Verratti?? What's next, Dan James to Messi?
I'm just saying that should be the kind of level you have to be to be considered as important to United as Ole seems to think he is.

DarkXaero

I think the point @NinjaZombie was making is that’s the kind of central midfielder we want and need.
But the problem is that you can't play a midfielder like Verratti next to Pogba and Bruno either. We love to hate on Fred but a defensive midfielder who can successfully play next to Pogba & Bruno might not even exist.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm just saying that should be the kind of level you have to be to be considered as important to United as Ole seems to think he is.
That's silly. Unless you really expect us to have world class players in every position on the pitch? We need a better CM than Fred sure but let's be realistic too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But the problem is that you can't play a midfielder like Verratti next to Pogba and Bruno either. We love to hate on Fred but a defensive midfielder who can successfully play next to Pogba & Bruno might not even exist.
You definitely can, for the vast majority — because you play to dominate possession and matches. In bigger games you tweak, but a Pogba Verratti pivot would have enough to control midfields against most sides around.

Moot point though, would never happen (at least for us).