Champions League | Matchday 6

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Sané has looked like a different player since Nagelsmann put him in that half-wing-half-center-spot on the left.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It’s easy to see why Wijnaldum opted for PSG and not Barcelona.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What’s said is if Benfica were more competent in front of goal they’d deserve to be up 5-0

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Feels like every couple of years Barca is overdosing on Dutch people.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Choupo is so underrated. He's an absolute stud as a back up.

Charlie Foley

It’s probably better for Barca that Dynamo didn’t beat Benfica, but if I were Benfica, having stolen a point in that game I would be seriously be looking at that next match at home to Barca and thinking they are there for the taking.
I am class

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Donny FUMING at not coming on for United, team mates consoling him on bench before he angrily takes the chewing gum from his mouth and throws it down towards Phelan...

Charlie Foley

Garcia sent off, Barca down to 10.

I have to say it’s very confusing watching 2 red vs yellow matches :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That penalty and sending off against Wolfsburg looked a bit dodgy. The stands are erupting.

Lyricist

Wow, it'll be tough to find a sillier penalty+red card this matchday than what Sevilla was just gifted. I get why it can be seen as a foul. But there's literally 4 angles where it looks like nothing, yet VAR shows the one singular still frame where it looks bad and the ref only sees that and gives a second yellow + penalty for it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wow, it'll be tough to find a sillier penalty+red card this matchday than what Sevilla was just gifted. I get why it can be seen as a foul. But there's literally 4 angles where it looks like nothing, yet VAR shows the one singular still frame where it looks bad and the ref only sees that and gives a second yellow + penalty for it.
I mean if the ref calls it a penalty himself, then maybe that's a reasonable call. But upon seeing another replay I really can't understand why this would even be close to VARable.

What happened?
Guilavogui (cleanly) kicked the ball away and then made contact with a Sevilla player who had been trying to kick the ball. Ref waved it through, but for whatever reason VAR stepped in and turned it into a penalty + second yellow.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Guilavogui turns around to poke away a loose ball inside Wolfsburg's penalty area. After successfully poking the ball, the bottom of his foot barely hits Lamelas shin. Second yellow card and penalty to Sevilla.
Just saw a replay. The state of reffing in football, jesus christ.