Champions League | Matchday 6

Blackwidow

We're resting a few players - Müller on the bench, Süle and Hernandez not even in the squad. A few experiments going on here, with Tanguy starting in defense and Sané in the Müller spot, although i don't think we will see him try to play the same position(s) Müller does.

The last matches Sane played the left 10/8 and Mûller the right 8/10. I can see Gnabry in Müller's role.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bayern in the beginning of a small crisis? Not really controlling the game, Benfica just scored a (very little) offside goal... Looking far more chaotic than the last CL games of Bayern.

Charlie Foley

Benfica goal ruled out, Pizzi just offside. Then Everton fires a good chance over.

Benfica are a decent little team. Probably not the best luck to have to play the monster that is Bayern in GW 3 and 4 :lol:

Charlie Foley

Bayern in the beginning of a small crisis? Not really controlling the game, Benfica just scored a (very little) offside goal... Looking far more chaotic than the last CL games of Bayern.
To be fair I thought Benfica played very well for most of the last game against Bayern. Bayern looked good but it was a great game for about 70 minutes. Once Benfica had to really come out the floodgates opened.

Charlie Foley

Pizzi was “clean through” from about the halfway line there until Davies caught him. Did anyone see his face after he got dispossessed, like “ah well, no way I was outrunning him!” It would have been a great race if it was Rafa vs Davies

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
To be fair I thought Benfica played very well for most of the last game against Bayern. Bayern looked good but it was a great game for about 70 minutes. Once Benfica had to really come out the floodgates opened.
That's true. Maybe I am a bit to critical, but Bayern conceded 7 (!) goals in the last 2 games, so their defence is obviously a concern at the moment.

Charlie Foley

That's true. Maybe I am a bit to critical, but Bayern conceded 7 (!) goals in the last 2 games, so their defence is obviously a concern at the moment.
Definitely an odd start to the season with some of their results. They are vicious going forward though.

barcelona really need a result tonight

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
1-0 Lewandowski, assist by Coman, who can really do whatever he wants today.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
We are amazing under Nagelsmann, absolutely fecking amazing. The football is like Flick on cocaine, so immensely entertaining.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Perennial 2nd round cup exitees Bayern trying to salvage what they can from the season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Wow... 2-0 Gnabry, assist from Lewandowski this time. Benfica did not use their opportunities and now they are being punished for it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Pogba has been awful. Can’t seem to get anything right so far.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Pen to Bayern after handball
Lewandowski fails to score. Quite some time since he last didn't convert a pen

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Most obvious thing ever he was scoring before HT. Atalanta will collapse in the second half. Again. Just an Italian Leeds, look fancy on the eye but just too open and chaotic at the back.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:eek: Keeper saved it? I also can't remember the last time Lewandowski missed a penalty.
Weak shot right in the middle and Vlachodimos took his time to wait for the shot, that made it an easy save for him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Whoever shoots a penalty with a 'hop' deserves to be embarrassed, even if he plays for Bayern.

I'm fine with his slight to medium stutter, but the full Jorginho hop, not ok.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Remember Jordan Sancho?
I feel sorry for him. It's one thing to make a big move and struggle to live up to expectations. But to just not be given a fair chance to compete is just sad.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
:eek: Keeper saved it? I also can't remember the last time Lewandowski missed a penalty.
Horrible, horrible penalty. He did his stutter, Vlachodimos stood firm and Lewandowski just pushed it slightly towards the left of the middle of the goal.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Horrible, horrible penalty. He did his stutter, Vlachodimos stood firm and Lewandowski just pushed it slightly towards the left of the middle of the goal.
Actually Vlachodimos made a very small step to the right (from Lewandowski's point of view) and therefore fooled Lewandowski who thought Vlachodimos would actually jump to the right.

Bearded One

We’ve got this but why do we always like to be on the back foot?

On the positive side, I am seeing our Portuguese guys begin to form a very tasty partnership and long may it continue.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Whoever shoots a penalty with a 'hop' deserves to be embarrassed, even if he plays for Bayern.

I'm fine with his slight to medium stutter, but the full Jorginho hop, not ok.
Interesting trend this year is Jorginho is taking a much lower hop - think he's throwing keepers off by playing with the timing. Barely got off the ground at the weekend!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting trend this year is Jorginho is taking a much lower hop - think he's throwing keepers off by playing with the timing. Barely got off the ground at the weekend!
He also shoots much harder, and sometimes higher, than he used to before.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Looked a bit on from that replay..

Edit: Thought it was, why was Mcmanaman sounding so certain it was offside just because " yeah Maguires got his hand up" so..? dumb idiot.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané to Lewandowski, great pass (also the one to Sané before), great finish

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Benfica need to be careful now, or the result could get ugly...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thomas Müller getting ready. Such a weird sight to see him come on late ^^