Champions League | Matchday 6

tomaldinho1

Funny how so many people wanted Poch here this time last year... even before
Also it is funny how most of the fans ridiculed Tuchel, now he suddenly became the Second Coming
Just watch the Poch thread tonight. If PSG win he will be Christ himself reborn, if they lose he'll be the 'serial bottler'

Ajax are so nice to watch, 2-0 Haller

francobaresi

Ajax demonstrating what can be achieved when you have a coach who actually knows what he's doing. A prime example of a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Pep's Suit

Sterling ffs... why ohh why. Nobody will convince me that this guy doesn't receive special treatment from Guardiola. Torres' good and then he's immediately benched for next three games, Sterling' comically bad for 18 months and nothing happens. Wouldn't even surprise me if City offer him four year extension on 350K+ p/w. Ugh.

Anyway, think PSG will win 2-1.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Christ it’s a good night for nuetrals. All the big boys are playing.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
City should rip them to shreds. Messi, Neymar and Mbappe won’t track back that much and Mendes and Hakimi at fullback.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Glad to see Mahrez start...has played very well against PSG in the past. Will be interesting to see if Walker and Mbappe get in a race tonight.

Cloud7

Sterling ffs... why ohh why. Nobody will convince me that this guy doesn't receive special treatment from Guardiola. Torres' good and then he's immediately benched for next three games, Sterling' comically bad for 18 months and nothing happens. Wouldn't even surprise me if City offer him four year extension on 350K+ p/w. Ugh.

Anyway, think PSG will win 2-1.
Sterling has arguably the best movement of all your forwards. He doesn't make productive use of that great movement all the time, but he does it enough to warrant him staying in the team. Pep is no stranger to alienating players. The fact that Sterling has been pretty much a mainstay under him means that Sterling does exactly what Pep wants.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Horrible second half from Ajax, not sure why they went easy on Besiktas in the second half. Just demolish another team please

tomaldinho1

Horrible second half from Ajax, not sure why they went easy on Besiktas in the second half. Just demolish another team please
Game won and group stages, points are all that matter at this stage really. Tomorrow I'd bite your hand off for a dominant first half, 2-0 up at half-time and then just being crap for 45mins and winning.

The Hargreaves & Rio discussion about the importance of getting defensive effort from your forwards is so applicable to us. We get next to nothing from any of ours.

City can afford to play a De Bruyne/Rodri/Bernardo midfield in an away match against fecking PSG and we can't start a home game against West Brom without both McTominay and Fred.

Obviously Rodri is on a different planet to anything we have, but still...

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
It's hopeless, once again our brilliant manager leaves our best players in the bench.

The best midfielders and attackers we have this year (with the exception of Luis Diaz that is on fire) are all in the bench: Grujic, Vitinha and Fábio Vieira. Why? Because of reasons. Let's play mediocre players instead.
And as the left back Zaidu again, he is an horror show and this year we played in that position several other players including a newly bought left back (Wendell) and every single one of them was much much better. But no, here is he again in one of the most difficult games.

So let's hope our workhorse hoofball bus can get points again.

Pep's Suit

Sterling has arguably the best movement of all your forwards. He doesn't make productive use of that great movement all the time, but he does it enough to warrant him staying in the team. Pep is no stranger to alienating players. The fact that Sterling has been pretty much a mainstay under him means that Sterling does exactly what Pep wants.
When he appeared in XI in CL final 99% of City fans immediately knew Chelsea were winning it. He's terrible, absolutely shocking and usually those few City fans who still defend him it's because of how english media treated Sterling, it's not becuase of his performances.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
On paper that psg attack looks amazing, but as we have seen so far, to many ego among them and it so far appears unbalanced. They need more time to truly work out and get familiar with each other.

They also need to be more clinical. Mbappe, Messi and Neymar should be better finishers.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I still tremendously enjoy seeing Berghuis do well. He's on fire last few weeks.
you are the most level headed rival fan I've ever seen !

When Moutinho went to Porto I wished he stub his toe in the corner of a bed every night before he went to sleep.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Dortmund be gentle please.

They say the first time always hurts (Ajax) so hopefully this go around will be more enjoyable. Hopefully we get to finish this time.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
On paper that psg attack looks amazing, but as we have seen so far, to many ego among them and it so far appears unbalanced. They need more time to truly work out and get familiar with each other.

They also need to be more clinical. Mbappe, Messi and Neymar should be better finishers.
Excuses in early I see.