Champions League | Matchday 6

432JuanMata

What about Potter? His patterns of play are delight to watch.
This is a risky appointment that we would never make but I’m all for it. That Brighton side are woeful yet they play some football and he had success in Sweden and with Swansea. He rings of Spurs or Arsenal

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'll post a video later. Discussion with Owen about who's better Suarez or Salah.
He's just saying shit to get attention to his channel at this point.

I love Rio but man's talking doodoo sometimes

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't want to worry any United fans here...but Villarreal have drawn five of their opening six La Liga games. There's only been nine goals in those games as well.

432JuanMata

Michael Owen actually talking 100% sense and even given arguments that crush Rio theory. Owen is right if you base it on 1 season Suarez is miles ahead and Rio saying no because they didn’t win the league is insane. Rio had a mate there

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Michael Owen actually talking 100% sense and even given arguments that crush Rio theory. Owen is right if you base it on 1 season Suarez is miles ahead and Rio saying no because they didn’t win the league is insane. Rio had a mate there
Recency bias. Also think Rio doesn't remember how good Suarez was since he was still playing football for QPR and didn't have time to analyze every goal he does now as a pundit.

432JuanMata

Recency bias. Also think Rio doesn't remember how good Suarez was since he was still playing football for QPR and didn't have time to analyze every goal he does now as a pundit.
That Suarez was insane and the Liverpool side he played in was nothing special. But still Rio saying winning the league makes it is weird and Owen is right my his logic City 11 is the best 11 that season.
City won the league without a ST last year and Kane had a better season than say Jesus but based on Rio argument it would mean Jesus was better.
Owen was talking sense that Suarez was something special and is one of the best seasons ever

Sylar

Not a liverpool fan, but id take Salahs one season (think it was the one where they won the CL, ugh) over Suarez where liverpool slipped.

Owen saying hes never seen anything like it with regards to Suarez season was a bit OTT :lol:
Rio didnt make his points well, but to say Suarez season is miles better than any of Salahs season is surely nonsense.

Any feck liverpool.

432JuanMata

Not a liverpool fan, but id take Salahs one season (think it was the one where they won the CL, ugh) over Suarez where liverpool slipped.

Owen saying hes never seen anything like it with regards to Suarez season was a bit OTT :lol:
Rio didnt make his points well, but to say Suarez season is miles better than any of Salahs season is surely nonsense.

Any feck liverpool.
Actually I’m with Owen that season from Suarez was insane. 31 goals 18 assists in a decent at best Liverpool side. He literally terrified teams and while Salah level for 4 years has been incredible it never reached them heights

Sylar

Actually I’m with Owen that season from Suarez was insane. 31 goals 18 assists in a decent at best Liverpool side. He literally terrified teams and while Salah level for 4 years has been incredible it never reached them heights
I probably mixed up the seasons anyway. I might be thinking of the season Salah broke his arm in the final (so his first season?). I wouldnt argue though, as I didnt hear the question. I think the season Suarez did it, they finished second (more than decent as Sterling and Sturridge? were really good)., and the season Salah did it, they finished third or fourth and added VVD that season in Jan i think?.
Im sure Salah got 32 prem goals in that season, and 44 overall? Ruud levels.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I probably mixed up the seasons anyway. I might be thinking of the season Salah broke his arm in the final (so his first season?). I wouldnt argue though, as I didnt hear the question. I think the season Suarez did it, they finished second (more than decent as Sterling and Sturridge? were really good)., and the season Salah did it, they finished third or fourth and added VVD that season in Jan i think?.
Im sure Salah got 32 prem goals in that season, and 44 overall? Ruud levels.
Salah takes pens for Pool. Suarez didn't. Gerrard scored 10 goals from pens alone that season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Aren't half of those against Arsenal :lol:
He has a pretty great record vs us from 09 onwards. Seemed to score nearly every time. Goal a game against City too. It's only Chelsea that seem to survive him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Suarez was comfortably better. He's one of the handful from players of this generation that goes into that absolute elite category. Complete striker.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He has a pretty great record vs us from 09 onwards. Seemed to score nearly every time. Goal a game against City too. It's only Chelsea that seem to survive him.
He scored either 2 or 3 vs Chelsea last time Barca played them*. They were the last to fall.

e - he had an amazing game vs Jose's Chelsea back in 2005 or 06 (when Ronaldinho was the undisputed star of the team and he was a young addition to the squad), first time facing them, but subsequent performances were poor and he didn't score against them for another ~10 years.

*1 in the 1st leg, 2 in the second+1 assist, 4-1 aggregate.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

He scored either 2 or 3 vs Chelsea last time Barca played them. They were the last to fall.
his record is

9 in 6 Arsenal
8 in 8 City
4 in 6 Us
2 in 2 Spurs
2 in 4 Liverpool
3 in 10 Chelsea.

Chelsea are the only one that seem to get away with a good record
28 goals in 35 plus 6 assists.

But some will tell you he would struggle with Watford

432JuanMata

Oh look another team's failures being used to defend Ole. Must be #devoidoflogic
Real are in rebuild and at their worst in years and we are at our best. These results happen and I wouldn’t be upset about the Young Boys match if it was a one off but it is not it’s starting to become the norm

RedDevil@84

Whoa!! BBC running with "City fall to the great Messi. No inquest needed into Guardiola"

From the game it hardly seemed to be City falling for the genius of Messi. Extrapolating one goal into 90 mins seems way OTT

In Paris on Tuesday, there was no need for any talk of over-complication, and there were no fingers pointed accusingly - this was a simple case of Guardiola and City falling victim to a little genius with an impeccable sense of timing.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Whoa!! BBC running with "City fall to the great Messi. No inquest needed into Guardiola"

From the game it hardly seemed to be City falling for the genius of Messi. Extrapolating one goal into 90 mins seems way OTT

In Paris on Tuesday, there was no need for any talk of over-complication, and there were no fingers pointed accusingly - this was a simple case of Guardiola and City falling victim to a little genius with an impeccable sense of timing.
That goal was sublime, but I agree I wouldn’t say it was 90 minutes of Messi genius that hurt City but rather a moment of genius from Messi that ended the match.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

PSG was already winning before he scored. It's Messi after all and it'll always be him that's influencing the game even if he's invisible for most of it.

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
Neymar and I'll stand by this forever, is wank. Honestly, he's so average.
I always thought he was a low budget Quaresma with more luck and less actual ability with an undying interest in believing his hype. If you are in League 1 and you’re supposed to be the Neymar the world yells about, you should be conveniently coasting it.
But I don’t remember ever watching him and thinking this guy is special.
He isn’t, and he plays too much for the camera.
Why he gets away with so little I don’t know. I would appreciate if someone can share his stats since he got to PSG.

Such a strange game. City absolutely dominated them...except for the 2 goals. Have to ask what they were doing letting Messi run at them like that, he was anonymous otherwise and everybody knows thats his favourite way to score.

Good result for everybody really. City look neutered without a striker, and PSG were second rate for most of it. Both easily beatable.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That Brighton side are woeful
This is just untrue, Brighton have some great players, one of the best defences in the premier league last season, Lamptey, Cucurella, Bissouma, Dunk, Trossard to name just a few are far from woeful. We have a good side, a good chairman and a good manager at the moment.

Hughie77

Why wasn't DBryne tackle not a RED? Same tackles as in Euros were RED as was AWB in YB game . Strange one