Champions League | Matchday 6

Winrar

Does Bayern really have any glaring weaknesses right now? I see them as early favorites - and anybody who knocks them out will probably win the whole thing.

Winrar

Who are the oppo fans especially Liverpool fans fooling here? If they are seriously happy with United winning they need help.

A Liverpool managed by Gerrard could lose 10 games in a row and I would still not like them to score a goal, let alone win a game just because it might keep him longer in the job.
I found this quite odd too... they're definitely trolling.

I mean yeah, you could at least be like "it sucks but at least it keeps Ole in the job" but actually hoping us to win is weird. I certainly never wanted Liverpool to win a single game when Dalglish was at the helm.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Does Bayern really have any glaring weaknesses right now? I see them as early favorites - and anybody who knocks them out will probably win the whole thing.
No glaring weaknesses, they are quite well balanced at the moment. Squad depth is a bit of a concern (especially at RB and CM), and RB in general is a position where they lack a bit of quality. Mostly they use players there who could also play as CB and therefore lack a bit of the drive you want from a fullback (Pavard, Süle).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We will sit deep and play our wingmen high up to trouble your marauding FBs on the break. Rashford scored 1 goal but his runs almost broke the Atlanta back 4 on his own. You play as high as Atalanta, no need to change that aspect of our play from tonight
I think there's a few goals in it for both sides if Ole gets it right. Definitely worried about Rashford on TAA's side but I think we can dominate the midfield and we can get at your back line. I think it'll end up 3-2 or 2-2, something like that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can see VvD getting twisted by Utd's nimble forwards and not reacting in time, ala Greizman. But then I can see that with Maguire too.

It's just a question of who gets the ball more? Salah or Rashford/Greenwood.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think they’d be the same as when they played Liverpool and were knocked out (was it two seasons before last?), if Lewandowski can’t find space then the lack of pace nullifies him and they can be dealt with for everyone else.

Blackwidow

No glaring weaknesses, they are quite well balanced at the moment. Squad depth is a bit of a concern (especially at RB and CM), and RB in general is a position where they lack a bit of quality. Mostly they use players there who could also play as CB and therefore lack a bit of the drive you want from a fullback (Pavard, Süle).
That is actually fine if you have the other side with Phonzy! Kimmich and Goretzka often run forward, too, even Müller sometimes covers for them - you cannot have 2 only forward thinking fullbacks when you do not have a more sweeping defensive midfielder. Actually I like Süle in that position lately as he plays it relatively flexible and partly even inverted.

But, before the match I was a little sceptical because of the combinations. Without Goretzka and Gnabry Bayern lacks firepower as Sane was a little unlucky the recent matches even if he played good and Coman often lacks the end product. Sabitzer is no Goretzka in the box either. That the first goal needed some time and at the end was a freekick was not really surprising. And that the flood gates somewhen open...

I do not even remember when Bayern lost their last away match in the CL. It was Paris 2017 after which Ancelotti was fired. After that only three draws away, in Liverpool, Amsterdam and that C-team match in Madrid...

Blackwidow

I think they’d be the same as when they played Liverpool and were knocked out (was it two seasons before last?), if Lewandowski can’t find space then the lack of pace nullifies him and they can be dealt with for everyone else.
The quality of thr players was not the problem then... only how they were treated and used...

It was with the coach that said you cannot drive 200 km/h when your car has a max speed of 100... The loss against Liverpool was without Kimmich and Müller and with a different system. Funnily it took Flick only weeks, bringing Müller back in and forming a central axis with Alaba in defense, Kimmich and Müller to win everything possible.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think they are not nearly as bad as Atletico or Sevilla.
Sevilla are the kings of time wasting and diving while Atletico are definitely cnuts and pros in fouling. Benfica kinda combines both approaches but on a lower level. :lol:

Paula

Supports
Bayern
No, this was totaly different.
Kovac was Manager, Bayern played shit, got smashed by Teams in the Bundesliga. Now they look a lot different.
But still its football you can lose quite fast especially in the CL knock-outs, just check Bayern - PGS last year.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Just caught the highlights of the Bayern Benfica game, the two saves from Neuer were just brilliant! Especially the first chance of Nunes.

Bayern looking stronger with each passing game.

Matchday 4

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Paula

Supports
Bayern
the group stage this year is boring, no big surprise. Only Real Madrid shows weakness.
That Barcelona is shit, is nothing new.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Looking forward to Group E further proving to be a worse farmers league than the BL is :lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
the group stage this year is boring, no big surprise. Only Real Madrid shows weakness.
That Barcelona is shit, is nothing new.
I dunno, Sheiff have made it a bit more interesting.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The referee for tomorrow's Sporting match is somehow Sergei Karasev, the guy who called this penalty in the 93rd minute after we played 60 minutes with 10 men, costing the club 30 to 40 million euros and putting the future of the club into jeopardy.

It has to be some sort of joke that he's reffing one of our games again

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
With Varane and Cavani back there may be a sense of stability and intelligence behind and ahead of McFred. Hope Utd win this and secure Ole's legacy. Definitely the game I'm tuning in to tonight.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The referee for tomorrow's Sporting match is somehow Sergei Karasev, the guy who called this penalty in the 93rd minute after we played 60 minutes with 10 men, costing the club 30 to 40 million euros and putting the future of the club into jeopardy.

It has to be some sort of joke that he's reffing one of our games again
The official behind the goal can clearly see it as well. :wenger:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So apparently if you ignore that West Brom game where they conceded five goals, Chelsea have only conceded 18 goals in 45 games under Tuchel.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Kohfeldt having a dream start into his CL manager career, Wolfsburg take the lead :drool:

What shall I do now? I like him, but hate the "club"... :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kohfeldt having a dream start into his CL manager career, Wolfsburg take the lead :drool:

What shall I do now? I like him, but hate the "club"... :lol:
You can always hope they play well but get robbed by the ref. It worked once already.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel does no wrong at the moment does he? Swapped CHO and Ziyech and suddenly CHO in down the right and crosses for Ziyech to score. I actually prefer CHO on the left but what the hell do I know.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They have a great sound engineer in Wolfsburg, making 16'000 sound like a full stadium.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We're resting a few players - Müller on the bench, Süle and Hernandez not even in the squad. A few experiments going on here, with Tanguy starting in defense and Sané in the Müller spot, although i don't think we will see him try to play the same position(s) Müller does.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Boring away win. Cleansheet with no shots on target faced. No injuries. I'll take that.