Champions League | Matchday 6

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
We miss our chances and Atlético gets once again referee help and luck out not nowhere, it's impossible this way.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It’s mind blowing that they’re top of Serie A. The quality in that league seems to be lacking. Chelsea put four in against Juventus.
Forget milan and juventus, I bet bayern would struggle to get top 4 in the pl.

Idxomer

Milan had no chance the minute they decided to play Ibra from the start.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Fecking hell. I made the mistake of saying out loud "meelan can't let liverpool pin them back like that for too long, not with Salah on the pitch". Literally 10 seconds later....

Fml :lol:
You looking at Liverpool-Milan instead of being glued to the match that decides first or second place for Real is the perfect representation of the huge gulf between us and the european elite : (

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Ajax | Erik Ten Hag
-Won all games
-Scored the most
-Conceded the least

-Had the most possession
Bayern have a better goal difference than Ajax despite having only played 5 games so... yeah that post is obvious BS

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You looking at Liverpool-Milan instead of being glued to the match that decides first or second place for Real is the perfect representation of the huge gulf between us and the european elite : (
Eh. Honestly, the choice was taken out of my hands :lol:

I did try on switch it on every chance i got

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Lost by 2 goals with a bench and got to play a bunch of kids to get them valuable experience.

Im mad the streak end at 12 but we were able to give our starters much needed rest for the busy month of December. Tábata looked good and showed he can be a option.

Would of loved to see both teams at full strength but it is what it is.

Ajax are very good.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bayern have a better goal difference than Ajax despite having only played 5 games so... yeah that post is obvious BS
Unless you score more than 1, Ajax has more goals though.

Oh you're playing Barca, never mind.

zee.robs

Supports
not really fan of specificteam

Also RM and Chelea conceded less.
Edit: as have Lille & Sevilla

Hoof the ball

Lost by 2 goals with a bench and got to play a bunch of kids to get them valuable experience.

Im mad the streak end at 12 but we were able to give our starters much needed rest for the busy month of December. Tábata looked good and showed he can be a option.

Would of loved to see both teams at full strength but it is what it is.

Ajax are very good.
Mate, even Goldberg's streak eventually ended.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga are equal in their (lack of) quality.
Tbf PL has top managers from those countries : Pep,Klopp,Conte and Tuchel.

If there is a very promising manager from those countries who isn't coaching Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern and Juventus, PL will snatch him asap.

Can't compete with PL money

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Bayern have scored less than ajax. Whats obvious is that you still have to play tomorrow, so you can ride your horse then.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who, Morton? Mini-Me No? Phillips? Williams? Origi? If Milan were terrified of those five then I really don't know what to say.
Meeelan are a young team and aside from Zlatan pretty much nobody else has any CL experience. They needed to win. They were missing several key players(Calabria, Kjaer, Rebic and Leao). They were scared of the occasion.

Liverpool being really good even with second and third stringers - plus Salah and Mane on the pitch - did the rest. And liverpool play at a pace milan just aren't used to

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Milan had no chance the minute they decided to play Ibra from the start.
Ibra wasn't the problem at all.

Whilst Liverpool had pretty much their B team, Milan did fairly well. Kessie shat the bed more than once. Their RB was a liability though and I didn't understand why Liverpool didn't pile on him rather than systematically going for Salah (who scored tbf). Diaz had 0 impact on the game and Bennaceur should've come on way earlier.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern have scored less than ajax. Whats obvious is that you still have to play tomorrow, so you can ride your horse then.
But you claimed "scored the most, conceded the least" which is just plain wrong, as the simple fact we have a better GD could have told you

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Group of death? Atletico, Milan and Porto + a couple of our B teams and we finish with 18 points. :eek: :houllier:

Hope these wins have seriously filled our coffers and our Americans can pay for Salah's extension.

Blood Mage

Serie A is a joke these days, this utterly pedestrian Milan side being top of the table says it all. It's hard to see a PL team not winning the CL this season, I just hope it won't be Liverpool again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I hate Porto as much as the next guy, but Atletico going through this group stage is a complete embarassment for football, shit ref decisions one after the other. Both Porto and Milan should have finished ahead of them.

Supports
Ajax
We're poised to overtaken Portugal if this keeps up.
Even France is in our sights, though I think they do too well in the Euro Leagues (topping poules) to catch them and even go for #5.

Without the 17/18 season, which falls away next season, we’re already well ahead of Portugal as is actually and with more teams able to score points that lead should theoretically extend. Porto is down to the EL and I don’t think Sporting will last another CL round in all honesty. It is possible, but they’ve shown a lot of exploitable weaknesses.

Door de 0.400 punten van vanavond staat Nederland dit seizoen al op 13.000 coëfficiëntpunten totaal! Stand virtueel (zonder seizoen 17/18):

6. Nederland 40.200
7. Portugal 38.716

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Made light work of that group in the end. Atletico are beatable over two legs for whoever gets them.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Blame the piranhas
context context context, my friend … Milan wasted their chance against Atleti and Porto, all in all they are going out thinking they can focus on the league now without the EL and do better next year… a bit like Inter from last year.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Made light work of that group in the end. Atletico are beatable over two legs for whoever gets them.
Late Feb / mid March is a completely different season and you can’t predict now how teams will show up then. Also, the new away goals rule fits them as a glove over two legs… they will just sh*thouse both games and hope to hit any team like a smash and grab.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Late Feb / mid March is a completely different season and you can’t predict now how teams will show up then. Also, the new away goals rule fits them as a glove over two legs… they will just sh*thouse both games and hope to hit any team like a smash and grab.
They're not that good though. They can't sit back against a Bayern or a Man City. They'd get torn apart.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's quite a record. Seems like these records are falling everywhere. Liverpool are apparently, to my surprise, the first English club to achieve that too.

Have clubs around Europe just got incredibly weaker? Milan, Porto, Atletico, Real, Barca, etc? I would think so.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
That's quite a record. Seems like these records are falling everywhere. Liverpool are apparently, to my surprise, the first English club to achieve that too.

Have clubs around Europe just got incredibly weaker? Milan, Porto, Atletico, Real, Barca, etc? I would think so.
Yes, of course… or, if you want a plausible reason, the Premier League is just the SuperLeague: most money, the best facilities, the best coaches, many among the best players.

It helps having Ceferin acting within UEFA as a Qatari puppet, though. The European Union is also failing its football industry big time by supporting hostile / external parties instead of their own.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watching the post game show on sky italy with Anna Billò and i'm reminded that I fecking hate leonardo :devil: :devil: :devil: