Champions League QF Draw | Manchester United v Barcelona

Trizy

My biggest fear is we knock out Barcelona, knock out Liverpool and then get embarrassed by City in the final.

killerboi2

We will beat Barcelona on the counter attack. Play to our strengths, none of this going toe to toe nonsense like we tried in 2011 with Park, Valencia, Carrick and Old man Giggs in midfield!!

izec

You think Liverpool will get past Barca in the semis ?
Yes. I think Juve-City will be closer, but i believe Liverpool have better chances against Barca than they would against City/Juve. They are 'perfect' for them this late in the tournament.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great draw for Liverpool. Easiest draw in the quarters and they get the second leg of the semifinals at Anfield.
Is that confirmed? Great news if true.

I like that we're at home first against Porto as well. Could put the tie to bed with a convincing win there.

Trizy

I like your confidence. Barca have not lost at home in 30 games i think. A good 6 years or so ...
0-0 at Old Trafford, 1-1 at Nou Camp. Then Barcelona can retain that 1-team-league record :D

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
bunch of wet wipes in this thread. Stick to Europe League and your Villareal's. This is what CL is about.

Castia

Another tough draw but it is the quarters so feck it.

Should be a cracking game. Well if we win anything this year it’s through pure ability because we’ve had a tough draw in almost every round of every cup.

Kapardin

So are we playing at home 2nd? I prefer the second leg away not sure anyone else feels the same? Just you completely know where you stand with away goals that way.
Yep, me too. Luckily we are playing at home first I think.

Can those who watch Barca regularly tell us how they have been this season in comparison to previous ones? Are they beatable or just unstoppable? Any weaknesses?

Siorac

So if City and United progress we'll have our semi-final first-leg draw against 'pool reversed too hopefully!
Actually yes. That didn't even occur to me because, well, us winning this tie didn't occur to me either.

Alemar

Ander Herrera will have some man-marking job to do, it seems. If he manages to nullify Messi, then who knows..

stepic

imagine the scenes if we were to win the CL having knocked out PSG, Barca, Liverpool and then City.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not if City and United go through … United v 'Pool first leg will be reversed
That's a good point. I'd actually fancy United to get to the final if they somehow get past Barcelona then. Having the second leg at Old Trafford would be a big advantage imo.

ForestRGoinUp

All this whining about the luck of others my god. We just got 2 legs of PSG with no Neymar or Cavani and advanced on an extra time penalty.

Get over it.

AJ10

So, city haven't faced a decent team in FA cup/League cup/ CL and pool had the worst Bayern for decades now they have Porto and we have Barca. Need jones to mark messi, if you know what i mean. :lol:

RedNed77

So to win the CL we need to most likely have gone through, PSG, Barca, Liverpool and then City/Juve.
On the plus side if we get through that, then regardless of where we finish in the league, nobody can argue against us being the best team in Europe :keano:

Parma Dewol

When do we find out the exact day of our first leg? Need to know if it's Tuesday or Wednesday for travel plans.

Can't wait for the game to be honest, was hoping for Barca or Juve. What a night it will be at OT.

Patrick08

You are right, but eventually we need a bit of luck. It couldn't have gone any worse, that's the thing.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves in the FA Cup.

PSG and Barcelona in the Champions League.
If ole gets the job it won't be before serious tests as a manager. I'd say bring it on.

Alemar

It's funny that Spurs and City will play THREE games in a row (they will have an EPL game in between CL games) :D

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
This is exciting, safe to say that if we win it this year it will be one of our greatest achievements in a long time. Especially considering the teams we faced along the way.

Chris-Red

Had my first look around Bluemoon out of curiosity... What the hell! Its like a conspiracy forum akin to Alex Jones lot! Refs are out to get them, they dont trust VAR. The United PSG thread was full of crap how everything is being done so City dont progress and United do. If thats that case the draw would have been much different today. Very strange place....

Kapardin

And because of fecking City we must play first at OT
It's actually better. Let us know the away goals count first rather than nervously defending in the second leg. Psychologically, our players will be inspired to go all out at Camp Nou knowing away goals count.

I think a 0-0, 1-1 and 1-0 Barca win would be favorable results for us at home in the first leg (unless we win and they don't score ofc). Any more than that and we are up against it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How can anyone not love this draw . We may not even be in this next season and we are one of the least likely teams to win it . These are the ties you live for as a fan