Champions League QF Draw | Manchester United v Barcelona

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think it's about time we got a bit of luck... so Porto please.

Which obviously means we're getting City or Barca.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Porto or Spurs or Ajax. In that order. I don't want Barca and Liverpool. Barca is the strongest team around and Liverpool would be too much for my mental health

Bwuk

Dream scenario. Bayern put Liverpool out. Lyon put Barca out.

City v Atletico. Spurs v Bayern. > Atletico v Bayern

United v Porto. Ajax v Lyon. > United v Ajax

United v Bayern final. Last minute winner from a corner to win 2-1.

dogwithabone

Dream scenario. Bayern put Liverpool out. Lyon put Barca out.

City v Atletico. Spurs v Bayern. > Atletico v Bayern

United v Porto. Ajax v Lyon. > United v Ajax

United v Bayern final. Last minute winner from a corner to win 2-1.

...... scored by sub Mason Greenwood !!!!

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Look at the draws us and City have had in the various cups this season. We're getting one of the more difficult fixtures while City again will have an easy one.

Rooney24

It doesnt really matter. More important is that all of a sudden no team will fancy playing us anymore.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
From a Spurs fan perspective I agree with some of the United fans here. Don't want an English draw, what is the point in that? Boring!

Adebesi

Tense for sure, but the CL is the opportunity to play the top European sides, we can play the English teams any time.
That's true. Playing top European sides is a lot of fun. But playing City or Liverpool especially (but you guys as well) will make me a lot more anxious than playing Porto.

This isnt meant to be a dig at all but maybe its different for Spurs fans, playing the likes of Lyon or Schalke isnt much of a novelty as we were in Europe every year for so long. Though having said that I think a lot of United fans would agree with you, so maybe that has nothing to do with it.

Charlie Foley

I didn't say that you should be scared of us, I said we're clearly a harder draw than Porto/Ajax.

For what it is worth, I wouldn't be too unhappy with drawing United either. After Ajax and Porto I'd view you as the easiest draw.

edit: ffs you got me :lol:
:lol::lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That's true. Playing top European sides is a lot of fun. But playing City or Liverpool especially (but you guys as well) will make me a lot more anxious than playing Porto.

This isnt meant to be a dig at all but maybe its different for Spurs fans, playing the likes of Lyon or Schalke isnt much of a novelty as we were in Europe every year for so long. Though having said that I think a lot of United fans would agree with you, so maybe that has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I think this might be the case. We're really not used to playing the top European sides so we relish these opportunities, I loved facing A.C/Inter Milan back in 2010 too.

Playing the likes of Barca, Real etc is amazing as a Spurs fan, whilst I'm optimistic for our future there is always the chance we could drop out of the CL again so we really value being able to play these sort of teams.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Are these kind of comments just trying to wind Glaston up or do people genuinely believe we're an easier draw than Porto or Ajax?
I’d prefer to draw your lot than Ajax. I think Ajax would pass us off the park even if we could get a result. I’d be confident of getting past spurs.

Adebesi

Yeah, I think this might be the case. We're really not used to playing the top European sides so we relish these opportunities, I loved facing A.C/Inter Milan back in 2010 too.

Playing the likes of Barca, Real etc is amazing as a Spurs fan, whilst I'm optimistic for our future there is always the chance we could drop out of the CL again so we really value being able to play these sort of teams.
The novelty of playing Barca, Real, AC Milan etc never wears off, not for me anyway. CL nights are best when you are playing European aristocracy.

Its two different things anyway. I would rather play a foreign club but not because playing an English team is boring, more because the fear of losing it is much greater.

Nick.

My heart couldn't take it if we drew City and they knocked us out. Same for Liverpool. Anybody but them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I’d prefer to draw your lot than Ajax. I think Ajax would pass us off the park even if we could get a result. I’d be confident of getting past spurs.
We passed you off the park at Wembley not so long ago and lost.

Siorac

We passed you off the park at Wembley not so long ago and lost.
Only in the last thirty minutes, really. I'd even say we were overall the slightly better side in the first half. Faded badly in the end though, no question.

But a CL quarter-final tie would be entirely different for both teams anyway.

ArjenIsM3

Any club that isn't English please. We already know how we stack up against other PL teams. I'd rather play Barca.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My heart couldn't take it if we drew City and they knocked us out. Same for Liverpool. Anybody but them.
Liverpool will go out.

3 in 8 chance we get an English side.

Point is, who'd want to face us?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Only in the last thirty minutes, really. I'd even say we were overall the slightly better side in the first half. Faded badly in the end though, no question.

But a CL quarter-final tie would be entirely different for both teams anyway.
I meant purely in terms of possession. We had more of the ball first half and your focus was more on the counter.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I could see us beating anyone but the two Spanish teams.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You'd rather get us than Ajax (despite us clearly being a much stronger team than Ajax) because they might pass you off the park, despite the fact we are clearly able to also pass you off the park?

It doesn't make sense, at all. People are making far too much of a one off game that Ajax had against Madrid, they're not top of a league most on here would call a farmers league and they were getting smashed by Feyenoord not so long ago. It's downright weird to want us more than them.

They have some bright young talents and Tadic is a tidy player, but they wouldn't be a top six side in the Premier League.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Want Bayern in the final, if possible. :drool:
Next round I'd take anyone.