Champions League QF Draw | Manchester United v Barcelona

Treble

So, favourites have been drawn against non-favourites. Conspirative theories will have a field day.

diarm

Bloody City.

They are going to be in:

The semi finals of the FA Cup after playing Rotherham, Burnley, Newport and Swansea.

The semi finals of the Champions League after playing Lyon, Hoffenheim, Shaktar, Shalke and Spurs.

Winners of the EFL Cup after playing Oxford, Fulham, Leicester and Burton Albion to reach the final.

They are the poxiest team in every single football draw they're entered into. I'm not totally sure Porto would've been an easier draw for them than Spurs.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our run of fixtures isnt the worst around the Barca game. Looks like we have 7 days prep for a home game. And then West Ham at home isnt a bad game to rotate / rest and make use of squad (and everton away after the second leg).

Can see Spurs drawing one of the matches but it wont matter.
We only have a 7 day break if we lose to Wolves tomorrow. Otherwise it'll be the FA cup semi on the weekend before we play Barca. What are the odds we end up playing City in that semi?:lol::lol:

ekestubbe

Of course Liverpool drew the worst team left in the competition. I've never seen a team be as lucky as they have been this season. It's absurd.
One could argue that drawing Napoli, PSG and Red Star in the group stage is not very lucky at all.

Sylar

We only have a 7 day break if we lose to Wolves tomorrow. Otherwise it'll be the FA cup semi on the weekend before we play Barca. What are the odds we end up playing City in that semi?:lol::lol:
oh gosh, youre right. And I can see that happening. Or us getting watford / palace as they play Millwall.

stu_1992

Hoo boy, that's a tough one. Made worse by the far easier draws for our rivals. Oh well, playing Barca is what thr Champions League is all about. Exciting times!

BaseFishing

Can we please stop complaining about our and/or other teams' draw?

I think we have a decent chance against Barca. Defensively they've been pretty bad for a couple years now. It'll just take some Messi-nullifying and we can get at them.

I'd actually be more worried about Liverpool in the semis to be honest. I think, were we to beat Barca, a semi final at Anfield would be really tough.

Another hard draw for us, whilst City once again get the luck. Barca aren't the force they were a few years ago, but are still top quality and will be clear favourites to go through. The first leg being switched to OT isn't helpful either. If we can put out something like a full strength side, we have a chance.

izec

So, favourites have been drawn against non-favourites. Conspirative theories will have a field day.
You have to be naive to think they are not influenced in some way. It is like hearing the other day Fifa got 850m for Qatar and be shocked. Look at Citys draws in every competition this year, it is an absolute joke.

El Zoido

Bloody City.

They are going to be in:

The semi finals of the FA Cup after playing Rotherham, Burnley, Newport and Swansea.

The semi finals of the Champions League after playing Lyon, Hoffenheim, Shaktar, Shalke and Spurs.

Winners of the EFL Cup after playing Oxford, Fulham, Leicester and Burton Albion to reach the final.

They are the poxiest team in every single football draw they're entered into. I'm not totally sure Porto would've been an easier draw for them than Spurs.
It’s unreal isn’t it? As if they even need the luck of the draw.

IRELANDUNITED

I'm calling it now, City v Liverpool final with City going for the quad and us not having a fecking clue what to do.

Razvan

You have to be naive to think they are not influenced in some way. It is like hearing the other day Fifa got 850m for Qatar and be shocked. Look at Citys draws in every competition this year, it is an absolute joke.
I think you have to be a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist to think they are rigged.

chicha14

Not gonna happen, City will get the easier semi.

Rafaeldagold

Happy with the draw- we get a glamour tie, playing at home first isn’t as important as some think it is (look at us & Liverpool last round)
There’s an interesting all English tie to watch, either city or Juve both can’t make the final (the two favourites)
Only downside is Liverpool got the easiest draw but overall pretty interesting draw

BaseFishing

Surely if it was rigged in City's favour they would have got Porto and Liverpool would have got Spurs?

Pogba winner v’s Juve in the final then.

Seriously though...United/Barca...proper European glamour tie. Buzzing for it.
It's time United got some revenge on barca for those finals. Can't wait for these games.

feck playing spurs, city or porto - the magic of the European Cup is when true giants of the game go toe to toe.

Treble

I'm not excluding corruption, just saying that draws like fuel conspiracy theories. Some of which might be true, actually.

diarm

Surely if it was rigged in City's favour they would have got Porto and Liverpool would have got Spurs?
I don't believe it's rigged but I'm not sure they'd prefer Porto.

They've struggled tactically at times when up against continental sides and their different styles in Europe. Obviously I still think they'd batter Porto over two legs but they'll batter Spurs as well without even worrying about it too much.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
City wouldn't have wanted all that EPL physicality as well at this late stage in the season.
I'd say that's irrelevant. Because ever since City have sorted out their backline Spurs can't get near them. It's grimacing watching City play the ball around Spurs players like they aren't even there. In the last three games, I'd say Spurs have created less than a handful of good chances.

They have tried playing a pressing game and got humiliated, they tried playing defensive and were better but City still missed a host of chances.
City have far better players and are in far better form. We've also been fecked by the draws, but atleast we have a decent schedule around the game.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Bloody City.

They are going to be in:

That really is an absolute disgrace.

Matst1

The Cafe is fairly obsessed with Liverpool, I'm sure it's the same with their equivalent.
I'm sorry, but its a bit infuriating they got the easiest draw and we keep getting the hardest draw possible, the FA Cup and now Champions League. And as someone pointed out above, just look at City's route this year in cup comps. It's just laughable. Saying that I do like that we're playing Barca, feel it's doable and it will be a great night at OT

izec

I think you have to be a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist to think they are rigged.
i dont think you have. I think with all the leaks and whistleblowers in the last few years and corruption all over the place, people would actually be aware that some things arent running as it seems from the outside. Football isnt an exclusion to that, in contrary, with all the money and parties involved. Some things will never come to light due to the sheer magnitude of football nowadays. But of course, everyone can believe in whatever they want. I also dont care at this point, we should beat everybody anyway.

RedDevil@84

Don't see any chance against Barca. Unlike PSG, Barca dont bottle.
But hey ho. This is what CL is all about.