Champions League Quarter Finals 2020/21 - Apr 6/7 & 13/14

dbs235

Lineker saying the thing that struck him the most from the review of the 2018 final was how close the pundits are together, that was the same thing that stuck out to me as well :lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
So which is the best match to watch then?

I’m thinking maybe the Man City game but the Real game could be good too.
I think the Real game will be very defensive with both teams being cautious. I think Dortmund will try to take it to City. Unsuccessfully, but it is their only chance.

Deery

Dreary
I think the Real game will be very defensive with both teams being cautious. I think Dortmund will try to take it to City. Unsuccessfully, but it is their only chance.
Maybe watch the City game then but I do enjoy watching Real whenever I get the chance.

saivet

Googled the Knauff and it seems he has 2 appearances for Dortmund this season, both off the bench amounting to 40mins pro football in his career.

Any reason why he is starting ahead of Hazard, Brandt and Reyna? Seems an odd time to give him his debut.

Deery

Dreary
This is the point where Pep usually falls to pieces be funny to see the lack of striker costing them tonight and Haaland popping up with one or two.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Worst case scenario:

City 7 - 4 Haaland

City and Haaland fall in love with each other.

javanmard

Supports
Liverpool
not too confident tonight. as much as I want us to destroy those cnuts I still think they will edge it in the end

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This is the point where Pep usually falls to pieces be funny to see the lack of striker costing them tonight and Haaland popping up with one or two.
Analogy does not work here. City have played without a striker for a lot of games this season. This is their strongest team, no 4-D chess from Pep

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
BT sport :lol: Ffs.

doing a piece on haaland and goes on to say that his father played for city but his career got cut short by injury with that still picture of Keane standing over him. What a steaming pile of horseshit

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barely no hopes for this game. A 3-5-2 formation was the only possibility to have some chances plus Madrid's lackings in the defensive line are taylor-made for Liverpool's front three.

A 0-0 would be almost a miracle.

Statue of Limitations

Barely no hopes for this game. A 3-5-2 formation was the only possibility to have some chances plus Madrid's lackings in the defensive line are taylor-made for Liverpool's front three.

A 0-0 would be almost a miracle.
Liverpool will not keep a clean sheet tonight, don't worry friend :)

Boavista

Googled the Knauff and it seems he has 2 appearances for Dortmund this season, both off the bench amounting to 40mins pro football in his career.

Any reason why he is starting ahead of Hazard, Brandt and Reyna? Seems an odd time to give him his debut.
Very surprised by that too. I think those three aren't in great form but still odd. I saw Knauff play against Cologne a few weeks ago, and he looked very lively in those 10 minutes but to give him his debut against City seems risky when you have Hazard available.

always_hoping

No Ramos, Varane and Hazard for Real Madrid. Won't surprise me if Liverpool do as Man City did last season and beat Real Madrid home and away.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worst case scenario:

City 7 - 4 Haaland

City and Haaland fall in love with each other.
Best case Fernandinho does him with a studs up challenge creating a deep hatred for Haaland hell bent on retribution next season in the Manchester derby :keano:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Hazard and Brandt have been atrocious. Not sure about Reyna though. Knauff offers the yolo approach and Dortmund will be absolutely annihilated tonight.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard and Brandt have been atrocious. Not sure about Reyna though. Knauff offers the yolo approach and Dortmund will be absolutely annihilated tonight.
Reyna was on the pitch for the USMNT friendlies, the accolades stop there. He has been out of form.

Deery

Dreary
Analogy does not work here. City have played without a striker for a lot of games this season. This is their strongest team, no 4-D chess from Pep
They’ve been playing with a striker a lot recently and you need to take your chances in the champions league, would expect them to win but would be such a Pep move to lose.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Brandt and Reyna don't put in the defensive work and Brandt in particular has games where he's also a liability on the ball. Hazard has been injured for the first half of the season and looks like a nothing player ever since he returned. So by elimination Knauff is a logical choice. Because at least he's putting in the work and quite rapid, though of course there is a huge question mark behind his quality.

Chairman Steve

So the press have decided to do some MAJOR revisionism on Alfe Inge Haaland and now he's some young, innocent kid who got robbed off a career by United? :lol: He was some bang average utility player in the 90s

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So the press have decided to do some MAJOR revisionism on Alfe Inge Haaland and now he's some young, innocent kid who got robbed off a career by United? :lol: He was some bang average utility player in the 90s
He’s a city legend who got his career cut short by Roy Keane :lol: Follow the script