Champions League Quarter Finals 2020/21 - Apr 6/7 & 13/14

Pagh Wraith

April 6
Man City v Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid v Liverpool

April 7
Bayern Munich v Paris Saint-Germain
Porto v Chelsea

Main reason for posting this early is that Bayern have just announced that Lewandowski will be out for four weeks. Which will not only see him miss both ties against PSG but seriously puts his shot at breaking Gerd Müller's almost eternal record of 40 league goals in one season at risk (Lewandowski is on 35 at the moment).

There's been a huge reaction to the news in the betting markets and Bayern are now close to evens to win the first leg, up from sub 1.70 a couple of days ago. Which shows you what a massive loss he is.

Anyway, really looking forward to all four ties this year. Really good match-ups.

SER19

April 6
Real Madrid v Liverpool

April 7
Porto v Chelsea

Main reason for posting this early is that Bayern have just announced that Lewandowski will be out for four weeks. Which will not only see him miss both ties against PSG but seriously puts his shot at breaking Gerd Müller's almost eternal record of 40 league goals in one season at risk (Lewandowski is on 35 at the moment).

There's been a huge reaction to the news in the betting markets and Bayern are now close to evens to win the first leg, up from sub 1.70 a couple of days ago. Which shows you what a massive loss he is.

Anyway, really looking forward to all four ties this year. Really good match-ups.
Early predictions

City 4-1 Dortmund
Real 1-1 Liverpool
Bayern 1-2 Psg
Porto 0-0 Chelsea

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

April 6
Real Madrid v Liverpool

April 7
Porto v Chelsea

Initial reports were that he would miss 10 days... Shame that was revised upwards.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
All the English teams will win.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well, that's a bit shite that Lewandowski will miss both ties. Gives the edge to PSG for me. Which is a shame, because I hate them.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Seeing reports we will play both legs in sevillas stadium.
How come we couldn't play atletico in Spain but can now ?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Seeing reports we will play both legs in sevillas stadium.
How come we couldn't play atletico in Spain but can now ?
Spanish government has relaxed the rules as it has been confirmed that restrictions on incoming flights from the United Kingdom will ease on March 30, just in time for the match on April 6.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Our win against Leipzig today and PSG's loss against Lille make me feel better about our Lewandowski-less chances of winning this tie.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our win against Leipzig today and PSG's loss against Lille make me feel better about our Lewandowski-less chances of winning this tie.
oh shit is he missing for your game?

fecking annoying both City and Liverpool's games are on the same night

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
oh shit is he missing for your game?

fecking annoying both City and Liverpool's games are on the same night
More likely out for the entire QF than not. There's no realistic hope of him making the second leg, really.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No Ramos and now no Varane either. Dippers' luck is unbelievable at times.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Dumb question, but if Varane tested positive < 7 days after playing with Pogba, surely there's something to that?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I feel a bad night coming on :nervous:
Yup.

I just want to see Liverpool go out. I know City are still in it but at least everything they do seems a bit shallow. Need Liverpool out of this competition. Sadly, I think they have a great chance of making the final and hence winning it. They've just about turned a corner and their run to the final is nothing special.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
No Ramos and now no Varane either. Dippers' luck is unbelievable at times.
Is this the same Liverpool who have been without Van Dijk and Gomes for almost the whole season? Lucky.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yup.

I just want to see Liverpool go out. I know City are still in it but at least everything they do seems a bit shallow. Need Liverpool out of this competition. Sadly, I think they have a great chance of making the final and hence winning it. They've just about turned a corner and their run to the final is nothing special.
I think both arch enemies will win comfortably tonight with Haaland not getting even a sniff against City (which is the only reason I'm even watching to see him hopefully do something against them)

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Seeing a backline with Lucas Vazquez, Militao and Nacho in CL quarters will be quite an experience :houllier:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Seeing a backline with Lucas Vazquez, Militao and Nacho in CL quarters will be quite an experience :houllier:
That's some decent experience, no? Compare to us:

TAA - one of the worst, if not the worst (ask Gary), defensive RB England have ever produced.

Nat Phillips - who? Exactly.

Kabak - played really poorly for a year in a really poor team. Lack of experience.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I have a feeling Liverpool are going to finish the season strongly, they'll beat Madrid comfortably and probably pip us to the top 4 as they have a good run in.

Hopefully if we can do the business against Porto which is by no means guaranteed we can try and get one over them in the semis.

Elsewhere i reckon City and PSG will progress, i think this is the blue half of Manchester's year in the CL

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Is this the same Liverpool who have been without Van Dijk and Gomes for almost the whole season? Lucky.
Yes. Could you imagine if both VVD and Gomes played all season and were ruled out for these matches due to injury?
People would be all over RM easily beating us even without Ramos.
luck indeed

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
That's some decent experience, no? Compare to us:

TAA - one of the worst, if not the worst (ask Gary), defensive RB England have ever produced.

Nat Phillips - who? Exactly.

Kabak - played really poorly for a year in a really poor team. Lack of experience.
Oh, I never noticed it was that bad. We are going to demolish you.

djembatheking

It will have to be the City game tonight , scousers always win if I watch them .

HTG

Supports
Bayern
City 5-1 Dortmund
Real 1-2 Liverpool

So there’s going to be quite a celebration on here once City have destroyed the evil Dortmund.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The „pussy“ is positive for COVID.
My first thought was that the sore throat was a euphemism for a positive Corona test. So that's him out for two weeks at least, unless it turns out a false positive against all likelihood? Great, great.

Blackwidow

My first thought was that the sore throat was a euphemism for a positive Corona test. So that's him out for two weeks at least, unless it turns out a false positive against all likelihood? Great, great.
Positive test - out for atleast 10 days
Contact person 1 - out for atleast 14 days in Germany (as there could be an incubation period, too)

He could already be out of quarantine for the match against Wolfsburg at Saturday next week - but he is no Kimmich or Müller - so it probably will be earliest for the match against Leverkusen the following midweek. As Lewy is already out that is a very miserable timing.