Champions League Quarter Finals 2020/21 - Apr 6/7 & 13/14

tomaldinho1

That Bellingham decision is honestly unbelievable. VAR surely needs to overrule when the whistle is so quick?

That's a last man foul from Ederson.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That Bellingham decision is honestly unbelievable. VAR surely needs to overrule when the whistle is so quick?

If a foul was to be given, that’s exactly how it should have been awarded.

Matt851

That was ridiculous strength against dias who is pretty aggressive

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

they need to change the rules. referees clearly aren’t following the protocol correctly whether by habit or by accident, but that shouldn’t mean VAR can’t get a correct decision

Cantonagotmehere

Also this Alexander-Arnold stuff with England has magnified every one of his performances now. When he has a bad game like tonight everyone is going to notice more than they were.
When you head the ball, assisting a Real goal in a CL quarter final, it's going to get talked about....

Mike Smalling

Ref blew the whistle before Bellingham scored (blew it right when Jude was about to shoot to make sure he couldn't overturn it).
Yeah I know, but that is a terrible way to apply it. We see refs not whistling for the clearest offsides to see how things play out, but here he somehow instantly knows it's a foul. It might be the correct way according to the VAR rules, but it obviously makes no sense.

Matt851

Water under the bridge now but it really is a shame bellingham opted for dortmund. Would have been a great signing for us

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Like I said in the Premier League thread, City's football is just so safe, considering the talent they have. It is patience above all else.

And it's obviously devestatingly effective. But it's still painfully boring for me to watch. I'd love to know if City fans enjoy it. You get 70% position for 45 minutes and in a good game take 3 shots. I mean listen, you're never going to concede, so that's nice, but really isn't what the sport should be about.
You called them cowards and never answered the rebuttals.

kidbob

FFS here comes another Spanish implosion. Grow some backbones you tropical cnuts.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
they need to change the rules. referees clearly aren’t following the protocol correctly whether by habit or by accident, but that shouldn’t mean VAR can’t get a correct decision
That's the stupid thing. Offside given seconds later, pens given and overturned but rules say a whistle means they can't review.

football authorities.... making a pigs ear of rules since time began

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool have a go just for a little bit and Real cough up a goal. Porto might just be Chelsea's most difficult team standing between us and the final :D

always_hoping

Typical lucky Liverpool. Should be 3-0 down (clear penalty not given) then they make it 2-1 from their first shot on target.