Champions League Quarter Finals (3rd - 11th April)

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Firstly, if you are responding to several posts then you shouldn't have quoted me especially since I never said it was a stonewall. Don't know what you were thinking. Also, the fact that there are conflicting views on the incident supports my initial post that it could have gone either way. You keep saying that it shouldn't have been given at the 93rd minute but why does that matter? A penalty at the 1st or 50th minute is different from the one given in extra time? That's just wrong.
Secondly, calling my response lecturing mode and know it all makes your response petty and not worthwhile. If you wanna go down that route, spare everyone's time including mine. Thirdly, you can say all you want about there being a conspiracy about Real being favored. But of course, you have no way of proving it. It's just your opinion and perception without any facts. Sure, some decisions in Turin could have gone against Juve but that doesn't mean Oliver owes you any favors. And I stick with my initial statement that the first leg should have no bearing on the second. Finally, you say "they should have sent a better referee with more personality who is aware of what is going on." Who is the know it all and in lecturing mode again? Blindly biases and irrational as always.
I never said that a penalty should not be given at the 93rd minute nor that the first leg decisions should have any bearing on yesterday's ones. On the contrary I have said that penalty could be given and it was not a scandal to give it, while it is less acceptable that every time there was a dubious decision it went one way in both legs. You keep attributing me things I have not said and I do not think, such as the fact that there is any kind of conspiracy and that way of debating is either dishonest or moronic, possibly both.
Since I have no interest in entertaining in dishonest debates for me the conversation ends here, best of luck

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
the feck he did
He said 'If it was in our favour we would be calling for a penalty too'. Alright, you're right that he didn't say it was penalty.

He pushed him in the back and then kicked him in the chest. It's easy to understand why so many people are arguing otherwise and it's easy to understand the frustration from Juve fans due to the way the game was going but it is a penalty.

From this angle it's obvious Benatia's contact was enough to make Vasquez lose his balance

BananaIceman

I never said that a penalty should not be given at the 93rd minute nor that the first leg decisions should have any bearing on yesterday's ones. On the contrary I have said that penalty could be given and it was not a scandal to give it, while it is less acceptable that every time there was a dubious decision it went one way in both legs. You keep attributing me things I have not said and I do not think, such as the fact that there is any kind of conspiracy and that way of debating is either dishonest or moronic, possibly both.
Since I have no interest in entertaining in dishonest debates for me the conversation ends here, best of luck
Sure buddy, next time when you respond on the forum make sure you read what they wrote beforehand.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Don't understand what all the fuss was all about - it's a definite penalty!

Was pushed from behind and then kicked him in the chest - bundled off a certain goal.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
They scored after 3 crosses. They should do it more. It was obvious that mandzukic and higuain are better than real defenders in the air.
To be fair, Sergio Ramos was suspended. He is the best player in the air alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

Does any of you really believe that if the situation was reversed, Oliver would give a penalty to the Italians to make it 0-4?

In front of 80,000 Real fans? In the 93 minute? A non-existent (or even "controversial") penalty to the Italians? Do you really think it it possible? And a straight red card to Ronaldo for pushing the referee and complaining? Is there a single person who believes that this is remotely in the realm of possibilities?

I am too old to be this naive. Yes, place and time ALWAYS mater.
Why in this world a referee should not give a clear penalty just because it is in minute 93 and vs a big team in his stadium? I think you have to be professional enough to give it with all that pressure and in that moment, and that some referees wouldn't give it because of that pressure, being afraid of all that will be said after the game.

Cristiano Ronaldo in August while playing the Spanish Supercup gave the referee a soft push because he was send off for a foul he didn't even committed. For that push he was banned for 5 games, not one. So again, you know nothing and you suppose too much.

To make the correct call will never be wrong, it doesn't matter the context. The rules apply for everyone and a referee always has to be objective, not subjective.

Come on guys no need to rationalize the decision. It's pretty obvious what the pattern is. Every time Real get into trouble or the game has a 50/50 feel to it the ref produces a red card/penalty or both in their favour. Today, Bayern last year and Nani's red are just three examples on top of my head. To all the fans saying it was a penalty remember Nani's red. So that's how gutted the Juve fans are
Today? For giving a clear pen in minute 93?

The Bayern myth? A game where the referee gave Bayern a wrong called penalty, where Vidal had to be red carded much before he actually did (since min 2 of the 2nd leg), and where the goal that make Bayern equalise the game and take it to extra time was a blatant offside of Lewandosky? For real?

Last edited by a moderator:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The Bayern myth? A game where the referee gave Bayern a wrong called penalty, where Vidal had to be red carded much before he actually did (since min 2 of the 2nd leg), and where the goal that make Bayern equalise the game and take it to extra time was a blatant offside of Lewandosky? For real?
Yeah, I support Bayern and don‘t like Real, but that ref wasn‘t bought by Real. He was just shite and got all important decision wrong. It was a shocking performance.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
To be fair, Sergio Ramos was suspended. He is the best player in the air alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

Why in this world a referee should not give a clear penalty just because it is in minute 93 and vs a big team in his stadium? I think you have to be professional enough to give it with all that pressure and in that moment, and that some referees wouldn't give it because of that pressure, being afraid of all that will be said after the game.
You are right mate this referee had to show an incredible courage to give a penalty to Real at Bernabeu such a rare occurence , lucky that you found another courageous one last week that managed not to concede a penalty against Real in Turin for the foul on Cuadrado.....keep telling yourself that :)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You are right mate this referee had to show an incredible courage to give a penalty to Real at Bernabeu such a rare occurence , lucky that you found another courageous one last week that managed not to concede a penalty against Real in Turin for the foul on Cuadrado.....keep telling yourself that :)
Madrid also had a non given penalty on Carvajal in the first leg and Isco's goal to make it 1-1 in the second leg was onside too. Juve have no reason to complain.

ti vu

Madrid also had a non given penalty on Carvajal in the first leg and Isco's goal to make it 1-1 in the second leg was onside too. Juve have no reason to complain.

:houllier:

Look at the line on the pitch...

Hope to god, VAR technicians would be better than this or WC would get ruined

Edit: just clarify anyways so I don't have to come back.

In the zoomed in pic. The 5.5 m box lines contrast the drawn line in that, the drawn line is too straight. Then the upper 16.5m line show that the pic was rotated right to certain extend. The line looks steeper than what was in the normal original pic. How the tip of Matuidi head is closer to this 16.5m line in zoomed pic than the original pic is another telling

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Very good arguments. I think if you look deeply at the bottom of your heart you will find a good Madridista :D. All thanks to Cristiano.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

what penalty on carvajal? are you joking?

Isco's WAS offside, look at the video not at a doctored still image where you cannot see when the ball is kicked

BananaIceman

sure sure, now will you feck off already and stop annoying me with useless quotes....
lol, did I touch a nerve? By the way, in case you didn't read again those useless quotes are from you and I have to agree with you on that one.

Last edited:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

it was clear only for you otherwise there would not be so many neutral observers including many former referees also from Spain that did not think it was a penalty. The 93rd minute is only relevant to the extent it makes the penalty basically final and because in the first leg a really clear penalty was not given against you at the end of the match, nobody is claiming that a clear penalty should not be given.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
what penalty on carvajal? are you joking?

Isco's WAS offside, look at the video not at a doctored still image where you cannot see when the ball is kicked
You know that on the video, depending of the angle is how onside or offside you will see it right? When an architect who knows how to get a vanishing point and make real and exact projections of the field and the players, then you stop supposing where he is based of what you see from the angle of the camera and get the real and exact measurements. All of this are exact sciences, not suppositions made by a heart broken Juve fan like you.

In this case the person that made the projection is Nacho Tellado, a spanish architect that works for the most viewed football program in all Spain and his exact projections have been hundreds of times versus Madrid an hundreds of times in favour, he only shows the real measurements.

The guy has already developed a program where he takes all the info he can from all the reviews from different angles, makes all the calculations and the he can show the replay in VR from where the linesman is, so you can see exactly the same as he saw.

When you have a Degree, and a Master in Architecture, you can make that kind of things man, surprise!!

it was clear only for you otherwise there would not be so many neutral observers including many former referees also from Spain that did not think it was a penalty. The 93rd minute is only relevant to the extent it makes the penalty basically final and because in the first leg a really clear penalty was not given against you at the end of the match, nobody is claiming that a clear penalty should not be given.
There are also a lot of neutral observers that saw a clear penalty.

In fact, also ex Juve players like Pirlo and Del Piero who said it can be seen as a penalty and not like they got robbed. Del Piero also said he doesn't understand why Buffon said what he said about the referee.

The reallity is that, there is so much people that hate Madrid, and others who can't stand watching them winning it almost every year and in this case, 3 times in a row, that they will say anything just to rule them out and demerit their trophies.

In can be proved easily. For example, with the Bayern Myth.

They keep repeating that the referee helped Madrid (including some Juve players), but they 'accidentally' forget the wrong penalty awarded to Bayern, that Vidal should have been red carded much before, since the 2nd minute of the 2nd leg and then again starting the 2nd half. He played all the game for free.
Or that the goal that made Bayern equalize the game and took it to extra time, was a blatant offside of Lewandoski.

So yes, they will always try to find excuses and when Madrid is involved, they will always argue the referee helped them. Even when they know it isn't true, they will be hypocrits and keep saying that.

As for the Juve fans like you, I'm pretty sure pretty deep in your mind, you know it is a clear penalty, but instead of trying to convince yourself about your lie, make a little bit of self-critisism.

You had the momentum when you scored the 3rd one, Madrid was shaking waiting for the KO and one more goal would have forced them to score 2.

But instead of going for the 4th goal, you sit back on defense and went for the extra time just because Madrid had already spent their 3 subs and you thought that eventually, they will get more tired.
And then they let Vazquez recieve the ball alone 5 yards from the goal line in the 93th minute??!

Instead of making excuses that you really don't believe, judge what you made wrong like the ridiculous first game in Turin that shoud have been 0-6, not 0-3. Or tell Benatia he can't do so dumb challenges in the 93th minute in a UCL knockout round because this happens.

Maybe in that way, working for being better instead of searching for excuses always, you could someday win a UCL, and not lose all the finals you play!

The fact that Juve supporters keep saying that the referees always help Madrid is ridiculous and they should be ashamed, their team is (proved) the most corrupt team in Italy and probably in the world...

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, I support Bayern and don‘t like Real, but that ref wasn‘t bought by Real. He was just shite and got all important decision wrong. It was a shocking performance.
You are right bro, he was shite for both teams. First for Madrid, then for Bayern. But some people hate so much Madrid that they keep saying that the ref only helped Madrid.

Even Guardiola (its fun since Bayern sacked him almost one year before that game) and some of the Juventus players have said that in the past 2 days. It makes you ask ¿why all this hate towards Madrid and using it as excuses?

Personally, I'll never understand it...

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
You know that on the video, depending of the angle is how onside or offside you will see it right? When an architect who knows how to get a vanishing point and make real and exact projections of the field and the players, then you stop supposing where he is based of what you see from the angle of the camera and get the real and exact measurements. All of this are exact sciences, not suppositions made by a heart broken Juve fan like you.

In this case the person that made the projection is Nacho Tellado, a spanish architect that works for the most viewed football program in all Spain and his exact projections have been hundreds of times versus Madrid an hundreds of times in favour, he only shows the real measurements.

The guy has already developed a program where he takes all the info he can from all the reviews from different angles, makes all the calculations and the he can show the replay in VR from where the linesman is, so you can see exactly the same as he saw.

When you have a Degree, and a Master in Architecture, you can make that kind of things man, surprise!!

There are also a lot of neutral observers that saw a clear penalty.

In fact, also ex Juve players like Pirlo and Del Piero who said it can be seen as a penalty and not like they got robbed. Del Piero also said he doesn't understand why Buffon said what he said about the referee.

The reallity is that, there is so much people that hate Madrid, and others who can't stand watching them winning it almost every year and in this case, 3 times in a row, that they will say anything just to rule them out and demerit their trophies.

In can be proved easily. For example, with the Bayern Myth.

They keep repeating that the referee helped Madrid (including some Juve players), but they 'accidentally' forget the wrong penalty awarded to Bayern, that Vidal should have been red carded much before, since the 2nd minute of the 2nd leg and then again starting the 2nd half. He played all the game for free.
Or that the goal that made Bayern equalize the game and took it to extra time, was a blatant offside of Lewandoski.

So yes, they will always try to find excuses and when Madrid is involved, they will always argue the referee helped them. Even when they know it isn't true, they will be hypocrits and keep saying that.

As for the Juve fans like you, I'm pretty sure pretty deep in your mind, you know it is a clear penalty, but instead of trying to convince yourself about your lie, make a little bit of self-critisism.

You had the momentum when you scored the 3rd one, Madrid was shaking waiting for the KO and one more goal would have forced them to score 2.

But instead of going for the 4th goal, you sit back on defense and went for the extra time just because Madrid had already spent their 3 subs and you thought that eventually, they will get more tired.
And then they let Vazquez recieve the ball alone 5 yards from the goal line in the 93th minute??!

Instead of making excuses that you really don't believe, judge what you made wrong like the ridiculous first game in Turin that shoud have been 0-6, not 0-3. Or tell Benatia he can't do so dumb challenges in the 93th minute in a UCL knockout round because this happens.

Maybe in that way, working for being better instead of searching for excuses always, you could someday win a UCL, and not lose all the finals you play!

The fact that Juve supporters keep saying that the referees always help Madrid is ridiculous and they should be ashamed, their team is (proved) the most corrupt team in Italy and probably in the world...
First of all the last phrase just qualifies you as the gigantic moron you are.
Secondly if you could read instead of wasting 2 pages on idiotic remarks you could have seen that nobody especially me said that it was not a penalty nor that there is any conspiracy but that is far from clear and the fact that there are many opposing opinions show just that.

The fact that Real has often decisions in favour is history you won a CL against us with an offside goal FFS and you are still here blabbering about. In Turin Real could score other goals after Dybala was red carded as well as Juve had several chances and a penalty denied. Ronaldo can dive when he wants with no consequences.
Other than that I never implied like a scumbag like you does that Real has corrupted anybody. Real enjoys a lot of respect by referees because the biggest club in the competition and as it happens often decisions go their way like it happened in this tie and in dozens other occasions.
The fact that you cannot accept it and deny the obvious is your problem.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Manchester City 1-5 Liverpool agg.
FC Porto 0-5 Liverpool agg. but we didn't lose both games

Cal?

CR7 fan
First of all the last phrase just qualifies you as the gigantic moron you are.
Secondly if you could read instead of wasting 2 pages on idiotic remarks you could have seen that nobody especially me said that it was not a penalty nor that there is any conspiracy but that is far from clear and the fact that there are many opposing opinions show just that.

The fact that Real has often decisions in favour is history you won a CL against us with an offside goal FFS and you are still here blabbering about. In Turin Real could score other goals after Dybala was red carded as well as Juve had several chances and a penalty denied. Ronaldo can dive when he wants with no consequences.
Other than that I never implied like a scumbag like you does that Real has corrupted anybody. Real enjoys a lot of respect by referees because the biggest club in the competition and as it happens often decisions go their way like it happened in this tie and in dozens other occasions.
The fact that you cannot accept it and deny the obvious is your problem.
Ronaldo did a few exaggerated falls, but please show a clip of when he dived?

Shiva87

Yeah I did not expect that at all!

Still everyone was spot on about the City game. They were never coming back from that 3-0, neither are Juventus tonight.
Another one that was a close call - (but no one was expecting that). Looks like the CL games this week were trying to prove a point re comebacks!

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Ronaldo did a few exaggerated falls, but please show a clip of when he dived?
Well I do not want to enter the semantics of diving vs exaggerated falls :D, but I do not have clips I saw the game and that's enough, in any case it is something that he does regularly, a few years ago he managed to get Chiellini red carded on a ridiculous simulation.
He is a great player and one of my all time favourites but this side of his game is shameful and he can get away with it because almost no referee has the balls to give him a yellow, same thing happened vs PSG in the first leg

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well I do not want to enter the semantics of diving vs exaggerated falls :D, but I do not have clips I saw the game and that's enough, in any case it is something that he does regularly, a few years ago he managed to get Chiellini red carded on a ridiculous simulation.
He is a great player and one of my all time favourites but this side of his game is shameful and he can get away with it because almost no referee has the balls to give him a yellow, same thing happened vs PSG in the first leg
Honestly I have not seen him DIVE for years, exaggerated falls happen every so often.

The 2 are very different in my opinion.