Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

cyberman

A quick note of trivia. If Chelsea win the CL it will put them level with Utd. If we use recency as 'goal difference' then Chelsea will be the second best European team from England. :lol: :smirk:

Chelsea will have won three CLs in 11 years, 1 more than Ferguson could manage in 20 years of CL football. :eek:
Potter matching Klopp haul would be hilarious.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
About 90% I’d say. Benfica heavy underdogs.

incredible draw for Italian teams.

Bayern very unlucky this year. Win 6/6 in the group Vs Barcelona and Inter, still get PSG in ro16, then City and then Real.

Toughest path to the final of all time?
United's 99 draw was difficult. Bayern, Barcelona in a group where second place wasn't guaranteed followed by Inter, Juventus and Bayern again

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why?
Do you want City and Chelsea eliminated as soon as possible because you're an Arsenal supporter?
Even in that case I wouldn't understand it, because they can focus on the PL if they go out of the CL.
I like the fact that the heavyweights are concentrated on one side of the draw, and we get a side in the final that hasn't seen it since, latest, 2010... In some cases not at all.

Jordan_mufc

Bayern very unlucky this year. Win 6/6 in the group Vs Barcelona and Inter, still get PSG in ro16, then City and then Real.

United in 1999 is up there.

Bayern and Barca in the group stage, then Inter, Juventus and Bayern to win it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Depends on your assessment of each team's chances against their quarterfinal opponent and potential semi-final opponent. I am nitpicking, but just because 3 out of 4 clubs are Italian does not necessarily make it 75% that one Italian team will make the final.
It's maths with taking any other aspect into account because it's too arbitrary (a team in good form could suffer a shock). In its most simplistic form, at the moment, we have 75% chance of having an italian club in the final (it guarantees nothing just to be precise)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Why Barca talked as if they are a problem in Europe ?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Depends on your assessment of each team's chances against their quarterfinal opponent and potential semi-final opponent. I am nitpicking, but just because 3 out of 4 clubs are Italian does not necessarily make it 75% that one Italian team will make the final.
On form and football proposition, as of today, Benfica vs Napoli in the semis and Napoli scraping through in the final, then losing to the heavyweight from the other side. :devil:

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
This is the type of fixture where Pep will overthink the most, hopefully Bayern will annihilate them.

stu_1992

Pretty weak draw outside of City/Bayern. Can't help but feel the winner will come from that game. With Madrid being the other finalist.

Edit: nevermind. That's not possible. One surprise finalist it is so.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A quick note of trivia. If Chelsea win the CL it will put them level with Utd. If we use recency as 'goal difference' then Chelsea will be the second best European team from England. :lol: :smirk:

Chelsea will have won three CLs in 11 years, 1 more than Ferguson could manage in 20 years of CL football. :eek:
Must really irk you that in your best since Paisley the entire football world will remember you as nothing more than a side piece to City’s dominance. Klopp’s nearly spent more money in 7 years than Fergie did in 26 and only has 3 major trophies to show for it, what an investment :lol:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I don't fancy us at all against City. They basically play very similar to us but are better at possession play. We are not used at all to mostly chase the ball and being dominated.
The squad is more flexible than you give it credit for. We have the means of absorbing pressure, and hitting them hard on the counter.

Dannn411

Good draw for Napoli's hopes. Would love to see them win it. Would be an amazing story.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
Napoli Madrid final please, think Madrid will cruise past Chelsea
Madrid have never cruised past Chelsea. They would rather play Manchester City than Chelsea. Chelsea is that English team that gives Real Madrid a hard fight every time. Lost last year because of a brain fart from Mendy. Needed 3 goals in Spain and almost got it unlike Liverpool that couldnt score.
Am only worried for Man City in Semis and not Madrid. Chelsea over 2 legs beats Madrid.

GlasgowCeltic

I wanted Napoli clash with Bayern, City or Real to see how good they really are. Chances they go out against an other italian club are quiet high imo ( cup competitions are so different compared to leagues). Also would have been two cracking games instead of just possible one final game (where most teams play super carefully too)
it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to reach a final before the usual clubs asset strip them

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Does this bother you somehow? Unless you're a City fan, does anybody on here have an issue with City getting a really tough draw?

If it means that no (previously irrelevant) oil clubs are winning the CL, I couldn't care less.
Good job of covering your ass anticipating the likely upcoming events ;)
Obviously would have preferred one of the Milans and a road trip as first leg but at least we would potentially get Real back to our place in the decider if we both progress.
Also there can be no whining about easy draws should we beat Bayern/Real/Napoli to lift the CL this time.

Rojofiam

Amazing draw for the Italian teams. One of Milan, Napoli, Inter or Benfica will reach the final. I also had a gut feeling that Real and Bayern will meet in the CL this year, the likelihood of that has also significantly increased after this draw.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern-City will be great games hopefully.

Don’t know what to expect from Potters Chelsea. We should be favorites but that says feck all.

Getting one surprise team in the final either way. Guessing Napoli.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
If we can't go all the way, I cross my fingers for Napoli.
You can already tell that they will face the same fate as Ajax or Dortmund a few years ago and that their team will get dismantled in the summer.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Well, this draw suits nicely. Milan is beatable, Inter-Benfica winner in semis as well (although we lost to Inter), and then in final... Chelsea is the easiest there, others might be very tough opponents. Real in final would be a great suckup. They don't lose in finals.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
@giorno round 3 it is.

The previous two years, the winner between us has gone on to win it all. I'm just saying.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
Well, this draw suits nicely. Milan is beatable, Inter-Benfica winner in semis as well (although we lost to Inter), and then in final... Chelsea is the easiest there, others might be very tough opponents. Real in final would be a great suckup. They don't lose in finals.
I think you are underestimating a lot of teams because of your league form. Some teams are quite good in cup competition than others. Chelsea is an ultimate-cup team. When the chips are down, they always get a result. Napoli's history has shown they are never good under pressure and do badly in cup games, as proven by their elimination from cup competitions in Italy.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno round 3 it is.

The previous two years, the winner between us has gone on to win it all. I'm just saying.
It is funny how Real-Chelsea wasn't a thing for so long and now we get it 3x in a row. Make for fun games as well.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

There is no chance Chelsea wins it this year, under Potter they have been awful.